Stephen Morris....Yikes

Don't get this twisted Phydeaux but Denzel shouldn't be out chasing WRs running drag routes. That's dumb coaching. Now, before anyone starts screaming scheme let me add - having #30 or #22 or #31 on the field during live play is equally dumb and that's both a talent and coaching issue.

**** Denzel stunk tonight
Maybe NY was right

Advertisement
Advertisement
Me thinks the players may be ready to check out

Not sure if that is the case but defensive players have to be frustrated with the scheme. Has to kill a guy like Howard to play like he is asked to. Same with Perryman.

Never seen a scheme where you take all the aggressiveness out and simply react to what the offense is doing. Never make an offense uncomfortable at all.

Stephen Morris is handling it the best way his team should, it would be more of a problem to act like how fans act over losses. He didnt have a bad game at all and the offense did enough for this team to have played w/ a lead at some point even w/ all the missed opportunities. The defense is sinking this ship more then anything else.

That's some soft shoulder **** right there. Don't try to push this **** to one side or the other. The entire team(not just players)****ed this **** up tonight.

No one unit is better than the other, and nobody did enough tonight to win.

The offense did more then enough to win even w/ the multiple dropped balls.... the defense choked this game away simple as that. The 1st two turnovers on STs still didnt have to lead to 14 points on the scoreboard b/c VT wasnt in scoring range either time.

You can be stubborn all you want 2 b/c you've been defending D'onofrio and this defense while trashing the offense but it's time to just wake up in reality now.

Yeah, i just been on here pro D'onofrio.

Try to pin it all on the defense, but this offense is hot trash. Just like it's counter part.

Coley better get his head out of his *** quick, and think like Fisch. Or at some point he will go down with his boss, and D'onofrio

Advertisement
Stephen Morris is handling it the best way his team should, it would be more of a problem to act like how fans act over losses. He didnt have a bad game at all and the offense did enough for this team to have played w/ a lead at some point even w/ all the missed opportunities. The defense is sinking this ship more then anything else.

That's some soft shoulder **** right there. Don't try to push this **** to one side or the other. The entire team(not just players)****ed this **** up tonight.

No one unit is better than the other, and nobody did enough tonight to win.

The offense did more then enough to win even w/ the multiple dropped balls.... the defense choked this game away simple as that. The 1st two turnovers on STs still didnt have to lead to 14 points on the scoreboard b/c VT wasnt in scoring range either time.

You can be stubborn all you want 2 b/c you've been defending D'onofrio and this defense while trashing the offense but it's time to just wake up in reality now.

Yeah, i just been on here pro D'onofrio.

Try to pin it all on the defense, but this offense is hot trash. Just like it's counter part.

Coley better get his head out of his *** quick, and think like Fisch. Or at some point he will go down with his boss, and D'onofrio

Even w/ the drops Stephen Morris threw for 326 yards against VTs "great" secondary.... Herb and Walford dropped balls in the rain, but still the defense was 100x more of the problem then anything. The offense did enough even w/ the missed opportunities, they had to abandon the run all together b/c VT's offense kept increasing the lead. That's on the defense.

To be honest I feel like Coley is trying to protect Stephen Morris with his play calling. The same thing happened when Jacory Harris was our starting quarterback with Jed Fisch.

Not sure if that is the case but defensive players have to be frustrated with the scheme. Has to kill a guy like Howard to play like he is asked to. Same with Perryman.

Never seen a scheme where you take all the aggressiveness out and simply react to what the offense is doing. Never make an offense uncomfortable at all.
They're not there yet but if we lose to duke you will see players tune golden out. If the players don't believe in your scheme and the results don't prove golden right then he will lose the players.

He wasn't _great_ before but once he started having his Achilles issue he started playing more scared. I have no doubts that it's screwed him up.

I just hope our coaches didn't keep Stephen in because he's a senior and it's his last shot. A strained achilies takes a good six weeks (aka most of the season) to fully recover from with rehab. And that's for a mild strain. Not sure how serious his is.

I just didn't get why he was in there some times when he was hurting our team more than helping.

Advertisement

Wonder what our recruits think as well. :-/

Advertisement
@chipbrierre: "Don't rag on Morris. He is trying keep his head up. He didn't have a horrible game. The Defense did. So direct your anger elsewhere. Sheesh."

Fck off, Chip. You can keep your head up without coming off like a **** mop. There's no reason for them to have their heads up anyway. They should be ashamed.

Amen.
Who the **** defends that pheggetry?

the quotes r garbage. i don't want my qb saying that after losing the biggest game of the season at HOME during HOMECOMING on top of that. morris had a good game to zones credit and was not at fault today. he dint turn it over at all and made some nice throws in the rain. he helped us stay in this game really. again, he's the qb and the captain and imo he should be as ****ed as i am right now and more.

When a LB is asked to cover a WR one on one crossing the middle of the field he is set up to fail.

Maybe not covering a crossing route, but we used to have LBs who could stay with WRs deep, step for step. Maybe we're sacrificing speed for size among our LBs. Again, I don't know enough to know whether I'm still thinking of the game the way it was 25 years ago.

the quotes r garbage. i don't want my qb saying that after losing the biggest game of the season at HOME during HOMECOMING on top of that. morris had a good game to zones credit and was not at fault today. he dint turn it over at all and made some nice throws in the rain. he helped us stay in this game really. again, he's the qb and the captain and imo he should be as ****ed as i am right now and more.

Yeah, it's like he's already out of here. He had a 7-1 team maybe heading to a very good bowl game and this is his reaction? Where's the fire, the anger, the pain?

Just don't get it...maybe he's ****ed he had to study film when he wanted to trick or treat for candy.

Advertisement
Back