Spring Game

I saw a 6-6/7-5 team.

WEZ I’ve been super negative about this team’s talent all off season, actually ever since last spring when we didn’t bring in top WRs, OL or LBs. But I will say this, there were a lot of positives tonight.

Not saying we can’t go 6-6. We still have that in us. But Chaney, both Mauigoas, TVD. multiple WRs, Bain, Lee, the TEs, Kam, Kelly Davante Brown and Markeith all showed something. Our two coordinators showed something.

We’ve got a longgggg way to go. But the building blocks are there if Mario hits the portal hard, the gimp crew heals up and the rest of the 2023 kids come in ready to go. For the first time I’m feeling like I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Advertisement
WEZ I’ve been super negative about this team’s talent all off season, actually ever since last spring when we didn’t bring in top WRs, OL or LBs. But I will say this, there were a lot of positives tonight.

Not saying we can’t go 6-6. We still have that in us. But Chaney, both Mauigoas, TVD. multiple WRs, Bain, Lee, the TEa, Kam, Davante Brown and Markeith all showed something. Our two coordinators showed something. We’ve got a longgggg way to go. But the building blocks are there if Mario hits the portal hard, the gimp crew heals up and the rest of the 2023 kids come in ready to go. For the first time I’m feeling like I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Lots of injury’s still. Portal will help and rest of the freshmen will arrive in several months. Change is coming.

the problem with Jacurri is that his type of play isn't conducive to look great in a scrimmage non-contact situation for the QB. With that said, he has to be able to make the routine throw's at a consistent clip. IF he can just get to 60-percent, he can be very effective. But by all accounts he is a grinder and one that is very realistic about his current skill set

That right there, gives him a shot to develop. But Im really hoping we have some blowouts this season so he can get more than just a few snaps
He needs a GREAT qb coach everyday of week to work on fundamentals and get the reps he most likely didnt get at young age.. These young qbs now have private corches from middle school now in some places.. They run these type of offenses in middle school like a stripped down version..

Advertisement
Some promising young talent, but we’re nowhere close until we no longer have to rely on underclassmen to be the core of our team. That’s been the case way too many times the last 15 years.

Great to have good young talent, but the fact that so many freshman can challenge for playing time and starting jobs off rip is a problem.

I said it last year Brown is far from being playable. I dnt think he needs to change positions but dude is far away from being an average college qb. His ceiling might be a poor mans Anthony Brown.
Im in the opinion that we should go in the portal for qb2 so we can shirt Brown. I actually think he wanted to shirt last year he needs some refinement...and a LEGIT guy froma group of 5 who wants to come up or a grad transfer with 2 year ability we need to be all over.

Im in the opinion that we should go in the portal for qb2 so we can shirt Brown. I actually think he wanted to shirt last year he needs some refinement...and a LEGIT guy froma group of 5 who wants to come up or a grad transfer with 2 year ability we need to be all over.
Agree, Chance Nolan is still available. He was pretty good for Oregon State in 2021. I wonder if he would be interested in coming here.

Advertisement
We didn’t land a top 5 class… questionable whether will get their this coming year if we don’t look better… we shall see

I can’t figure you out. You go from ultra negative to reasonable depending upon n posts. …

Anyway, no, at the end of the day Rashada and Cormani dropped us out of the top 5. But the talent we did bring in was still rated Top 10 and I strongly believe it was underrated. Now watch Mario follow this up with another Top 10 class. And another. That’s when stacking chips starts delivering results on the field.

I am not giddy about 2023; we can easily go 6-6. A few breaks in the portal and a lot of luck can get us to 8 or 9 wins, too. But we’re still Frankenstein’s monster as a team.

Mario is a dynasty builder he’s not Lincoln Reilly or Lane Kiffin. He needs more talent than you to beat you. That takes time. But we will get there. Because he’s an unstoppable (if pondering) force in recruiting.

He needs a GREAT qb coach everyday of week to work on fundamentals and get the reps he most likely didnt get at young age.. These young qbs now have private corches from middle school now in some places.. They run these type of offenses in middle school like a stripped down version..

agreed, where have you gone Gary Stevens!!!!

But I do like Emory's foundation....

We look better than last year. That’s good news. That being said, we need serious help in the portal. My excitement for Brown went out the window. I am questioning everything I heard about Brown improving.
I didn’t watch the game but I was talking to a couple people earlier today telling them Emory is easily the second best passer on the team. Hes further along than Brown especially with accuracy and touch. If we got down late, having to pass after losing Tvd to injury you put Emory in if you want to win. That’s why I’ve been saying since last season Brown needs time and should spend the entire season redshirting ,working on his pocket game.

We really need to add a backup qb for the ‘23 season.

Not saying we can’t go 6-6. We still have that in us. But Chaney, both Mauigoas, TVD. multiple WRs, Bain, Lee, the TEs, Kam, Kelly Davante Brown and Markeith all showed something. Our two coordinators showed something.

We’ve got a longgggg way to go. But the building blocks are there if Mario hits the portal hard, the gimp crew heals up and the rest of the 2023 kids come in ready to go. For the first time I’m feeling like I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

If last year was Cristobal's 1997, then Id be more than happy with this being 1998, where Butch really laid that foundation with his guys

Im optimistic, because life is tough enough going through it as a constant mope

Advertisement
I didn’t watch the game but I was talking to a couple people earlier today telling them Emory is easily the second best passer on the team. Hes further along than Brown especially with accuracy and touch. If we got down late, having to pass after losing Tvd to injury you put Emory in if you want to win. That’s why I’ve been saying since last season Brown needs time and should spend the entire season redshirting ,working on his pocket game.

we need Jake Heaps 2.0!!!

After 2day I have no doubt that we need a qb2 transfer. JB needs a redshirt.

We reallyeed to add a backup qb for the ‘23 season.
I always looked at Brown as someone who would sit 3 years and develop and be ready to go as a Redshirt Junior with 2 years to start. I guess someone of us just bought into the hype this spring that the media was pushing.

Advertisement

Emory looked good despite it not being live. When I saw him shove a player to get in right position, I became a fan of this kid and realized he is running the show. His arm lives up to the reports. Brown was one of the biggest let downs of the evening. Not ready to give up on him yet but it’s concerning.

Btw I warned you about what you’d see and that’s why I didn’t bother watching. There’s just too many guys out , we need portal help and honestly spring games suck. It’s like the pro bowl, but worse. I don’t see them being around much longer. They’re a total waste, you lose a practice and real teaching for two hours of half *** football. Jmo.

Btw I warned you about what you’d see and that’s why I didn’t bother watching. There’s just too many guys out , we need portal help and honestly spring games suck. It’s like the pro bowl, but worse. I don’t see them being around much longer. They’re a total waste, you lose a practice and real teaching for two hours of half *** football. Jmo.

You should watch it. I actually enjoyed the second quarter on. First quarter was painful. Young guys looked great.

Advertisement
Back