South Florida

I am enjoying getting duval recruits, they got that savage in em unlike the sofl prima donnas, and we did get a blue chip we in AR

Advertisement
If anybody knows why these SFL players leave to go play elsewhere it's you....So, what's the number one reason in your honest opinion why some of the elite SFL players go elsewhere? and what can UM do to get most of them to stay

The #1 reason is winning. That's the bottom line. Miami is a great place to be if they are winning. Facilities and financial backing takes a backseat when you get those Ws. Kids and families know the struggle when it comes to home crowd attendance and then also playing in that college atmosphere. However that's always been an issue. You win n dominate and they'll keep the top guys.
Facilities, I personally don't think is that huge of factor. I mean we've seen most of the country and some schools are amazing. But I've never seen a kid commit based off of facilities. FSU facilities were ****** 5 years ago. Bama facilities wasn't sht in 06, 07.
#2 reason kids leave is because of relationships. Miami has struggled with that previously. Relationships with players, coaches, and community. Current staff is doing an awesome job. That's needed. Recruiting goes freaking deep for those top end kids. No has asked why tosu always gets one or two from down here? It's bc whose ever they are recruiting, there are local tosu fans who befriend the kids and their families. Non boosters, just loyal alumni . They inbed themselves with those kids. Same with a few other schools. HS coaches, UM has to kiss their ***. THEY MUST! Why? BC everybody else kiss their *** lol. That's just true. I'll be honest, UM has a big time recruit this yr bc his HC didn't let other schools recruit him good. The HC felt appreciated by UM staff. Now think about the coaches who don't feel appreciated by UM staff and see where their players have signed too. iE BA and Deerfield!
#3 reason is simple, So Fla is the only area in the country that EVERYBODY recruits. More options.
#4 reason, is one that no one wants to talk about. Crime! Many of these kids live in communities they want to completely get away from. Y'all watch the news, y'all see these senseless deaths and shootings. That has an effect on these kids mentally.
#5 reason, well you already know

Advertisement
Pretty sure i remember this right, Genron was involved with the 7on7 team "Nightmare" as he was trying to start his diploma mill charter school that never got off the ground.

Whether or not he's still involved with Nightmare i don't know everyone on the CIS staff is retweeting this literally right now..

View attachment 40845

Hey it's going to be an Awesome night. It's at night so hopefully you all can make it out! Support the kids, **** wear your UM gear and cheer them on. Let them that UM don't just have internet fans. #GetoffUrAss

If anybody knows why these SFL players leave to go play elsewhere it's you....So, what's the number one reason in your honest opinion why some of the elite SFL players go elsewhere? and what can UM do to get most of them to stay

The #1 reason is winning. That's the bottom line. Miami is a great place to be if they are winning. Facilities and financial backing takes a backseat when you get those Ws. Kids and families know the struggle when it comes to home crowd attendance and then also playing in that college atmosphere. However that's always been an issue. You win n dominate and they'll keep the top guys.
Facilities, I personally don't think is that huge of factor. I mean we've seen most of the country and some schools are amazing. But I've never seen a kid commit based off of facilities. FSU facilities were ****ty 5 years ago. Bama facilities wasn't sht in 06, 07.
#2 reason kids leave is because of relationships. Miami has struggled with that previously. Relationships with players, coaches, and community. Current staff is doing an awesome job. That's needed. Recruiting goes freaking deep for those top end kids. No has asked why tosu always gets one or two from down here? It's bc whose ever they are recruiting, there are local tosu fans who befriend the kids and their families. Non boosters, just loyal alumni . They inbed themselves with those kids. Same with a few other schools. HS coaches, UM has to kiss their ***. THEY MUST! Why? BC everybody else kiss their *** lol. That's just true. I'll be honest, UM has a big time recruit this yr bc his HC didn't let other schools recruit him good. The HC felt appreciated by UM staff. Now think about the coaches who don't feel appreciated by UM staff and see where their players have signed too. iE BA and Deerfield!
#3 reason is simple, So Fla is the only area in the country that EVERYBODY recruits. More options.
#4 reason, is one that no one wants to talk about. Crime! Many of these kids live in communities they want to completely get away from. Y'all watch the news, y'all see these senseless deaths and shootings. That has an effect on these kids mentally.
#5 reason, well you already know

Not a bad post if it was in a vacuum and prior history isn't considered.

For example, former South Florida Express assistant Jon Drummond told "Outside the Lines" and others that he was the go-between for Express players and college coaches. That was before head coach Brett Goetz said Drummond would not be returning next season, because he violated a "Code of Conduct" Goetz makes all coaches sign. Goetz's "Code of Conduct" essentially states that his coaches cannot use their relationships with prospects for a profit.

Many 7-on-7 coaches, including Drummond, drive carloads of players to campuses for unofficial visits. Some coaches are paid to work camps those schools host. Some claim to receive "gas money" from college coaches.

"And maybe something for McDonald's," Drummond said.

7-on-7 high school football draws scrutiny of NCAA, high school coaches over fears of third-party influences

Well, do you want to sit there and suck your own ****** or hear the truth? But it wouldn't matter....
Anywayz, the person that wrote that crap reprimanded and then fired from ESPN over that . So well, you can keep posting that BS quote , be sure to stick your finger up your rear and cough. If that makes you feel better .

Advertisement
Genron, I appreciate the candidness.

I guess I am being naive but you mentioned #5 and that we already know that reason. I assume that is money and or gifts?

I understand that happens but I dont see how it isnt caught more often because we have been through the wringer on scandals like no other program. How is there not at least 1 program every year getting seriously investigated?

I guess I am being naive but you mentioned #5 and that we already know that reason. I assume that is money and or gifts?

I understand that happens but I dont see how it isnt caught more often because we have been through the wringer on scandals like no other program. How is there not at least 1 program every year getting seriously investigated?

Because they dont have a punk *** ponzi schemer snitching on everybody.

because most programs have boosters who are actually loyal to the program. we did not.

Advertisement

These ppl are still mad as **** about the 80s. But that poster was right, snitches. No one knows what no one else is doing until a snitch pops up. Let's just say UM is in a 'good' place right now. Many former canes are picking up the phone and reaching out to recruits and their peeps. Some former canes are taking "an active" role in recruitng. That's awesome , finally. Guys like Jameis Winston actively recruits for his school.

Last edited:
For example, former South Florida Express assistant Jon Drummond told "Outside the Lines" and others that he was the go-between for Express players and college coaches. That was before head coach Brett Goetz said Drummond would not be returning next season, because he violated a "Code of Conduct" Goetz makes all coaches sign. Goetz's "Code of Conduct" essentially states that his coaches cannot use their relationships with prospects for a profit.

Many 7-on-7 coaches, including Drummond, drive carloads of players to campuses for unofficial visits. Some coaches are paid to work camps those schools host. Some claim to receive "gas money" from college coaches.

"And maybe something for McDonald's," Drummond said.

7-on-7 high school football draws scrutiny of NCAA, high school coaches over fears of third-party influences

Well, do you want to sit there and suck your own ****** or hear the truth? But it wouldn't matter....
Anywayz, the person that wrote that crap reprimanded and then fired from ESPN over that . So well, you can keep posting that BS quote , be sure to stick your finger up your rear and cough. If that makes you feel better .

Did you just claim that Joe Schad's contract with ESPN was not renewed this year because of an article written 5 years ago in which you were mentioned? That's funny, Jon.

Advertisement

because most programs have boosters who are actually loyal to the program. we did not.

Good point!

Meet the Bag Man - SBNation.com

So the reality of the situation was that Randy was in over his head. He was around to know how to get it done but couldnt. Golden was as well. He just had zero clue how to do it plus his schemes and program wasnt a fit for us and or big time college football.

Not to beat a dead horse but I am glad we have Richt who knows how to run a Power Program.

These ppl are still mad as **** about the 80s. But that poster was right, snitches. No one knows what no one else is doing until a snitch pops up. Let's just say UM is in a 'good' place right now. Many former canes are picking up the phone and reaching out to recruits and their peeps. Some former canes are taking "an active" role in recruitng. That's awesome , finally. Guys like Jameis Winston actively recruits for his school.

If this is true than first of all it's great news. Second of all I don't want to see anyone mention it again.

Advertisement
Back