Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I used to have one of those as a kid. Picked it up at a garage sale from some mom who was selling it when her son was in college. Got like 100+ games plus the system for like 10 bucks. That kid probably came home and had a heart attack.
My mom GAVE away my Atari and all my.games when j was gone. Great, now I'm mad just having to think of that again.

If Mario said hey guys lemme lock us in some linemen first then ill work on coaches. Think most would be pretty satisfied with that. We had zero before mario signed, now we have the following signed or CB for tomorrow

Sagapolu
Iuli
Mccoy
Cooper

Kelly
Moss
Lichtenstien
Moultrie
Or he could do both like every other coach literally ever (not coming at you, just frustrated with Mario).

Happy Drag Queen GIF by Coach

Advertisement
Sorry, I know we’re done with this part. I can’t make the man move faster. Like you, I have expectations and am disappointed. I have my own ideas on why he continues to drag this out. I personally don’t see any value in it. I think it makes him look weak and a little foolish, losing more coaches during the hiring process, than he’s hired. However, he has eighty five million reasons not to care what any of us think.
I'm in no rush at this point. I just can't handle the thought of waiting this long for a C+ or less offer. If he can still get an A or B -team staff we will all forgive and forget. The longer this drags the harder it gets to poach.

For everyone freaking out about String and Coley, you probably don't follow @LeedsCane 's thread. Coley would not call plays, he'd probably be wr and Miami needs another.good recruiter after losing two. Strong wouldn't call d either and I'm assuming he's coach lb.

Belk and Whipple are hopefully calling plays. This is assuming Mario can ever make a decision.

Artist: Common Sense
Album: Resurrection
Year: 1994

Artist: George Benson
Album: Bad Benson
Year: 1974

Advertisement
Here's the problem with the 85 million reasons not to care what we think situation. I agree you are correct that he doesn't need to do things to make his own Miami fans happy with his timeline. The problem is that the concerns you just voiced are public and national opinion at this point. Again, HE might not care, but some recruits, players, potential coaches, etc definitely will. For a coach whose basic entire value is recruiting where perception is reality you would think he would grasp this.

But who cares? What is the concern about Mario taking his time with coaches? It's whether it will affect recruiting, right? He's already recruited very well, has kept the 5 he wanted from the tiny albatross of a class Manny left him, and added TEN new guys he wants. He has us with a very, very high quality class, 5th as I type this in avg.

So if he closes well tomorrow, the "delay" will have literally had no affect on the program, as long as he gets a good staff in place sometime before spring practice.

Everything else is noise. Let the man work. Most of the negativity is from us, the fanbase. We give any rival or national negativity the oxygen it needs to thrive. Anyway, if Mario closes well tomorrow all the blah blah blah goes away. That's why the man should do what he wants. He's quite clearly good at head coaching.

My mom GAVE away my Atari and all my.games when j was gone. Great, now I'm mad just having to think of that again.
I just envisioned you going to prison in 1987 and only getting out now and the first thing you doing is running to your old room itching to play Pitfall or Frogger or DigDug and your mom having given away the console while you were "gone".

Mario has interviewed over ten people at OC , some names we’ve heard , some we haven’t. Ironically DC names aren’t as prevalent. Weird. People got word of interviews and thats how names leak out and they’re now the “front runner “ lol. Sound familiar ?

Briles and Candle were never offered. Candle spoke with Mario and has a previous relationship with him. There’s a reason Feldman never co-signed either rumor. I posted weeks ago Mario has a rep of being very meticulous and tends to over think things. That many interviews should tell you that . As Jay said there’s been really good names that’s interviewed , even though that goes against the narrative lunatics here have created. Mario is willing to wait before moving on. He’s now at that point , a timeline was set for a coordinator and it’s now passed. Thats why I expect something very soon. It’s either plan A or B.
Thanks for the update. With all of the hesitancy in coaching decisions (or perception) I just hope that he isn’t going to burn timeouts figuring out if he wants to go for it on 4th and short when it matters. Hopefully this funk comes to an end and that luck is on our side with the NSD opportunities.

Advertisement
Co-OC probably means he isn’t calling plays. It’s a title to get him away from A&M and pay him more
This. Ferman is saying OC for clicks, but he knows it would be WR or QB/Co-OC if anything. 247 has been claiming that for weeks. 247 also said he'd be OC in waiting so I don't know how I feel about that. It's also been said on here that Strong would be LB/Co-DC. I'd be okay with Strong in that capacity, but definitely nothing more.

Advertisement
It’s not Mario’s fault he inherited this mess but ending with Cooper, McCoy and Moten (assuming we even land those 3) is a pretty disappointing signing day. I hope we get some good coaches in here soon and work towards a much better 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back