sofla free agency thread

I remember playing Boyd Anderson in the 1st round of the playoffs when I was a junior in 04 at Western. I remember the QB was Herbert Bynes, I believe he went to an FCS school, but he was good.

Advertisement
I remember playing Boyd Anderson in the 1st round of the playoffs when I was a junior in 04 at Western. I remember the QB was Herbert Bynes, I believe he went to an FCS school, but he was good.
there probably was 4 or 5 Bynes that went to ba or surrounding schools from 99-05.

Check the Bynes list below it is a long list of family members that all appear to be athletic lol

was one of em that made it to nfl.

the bynes list may be longer the michael irvin family tree as far as broward county athletics.

there probably was 4 or 5 Bynes that went to ba or surrounding schools from 99-05.

Check the Bynes list below it is a long list of family members that all appear to be athletic lol

was one of em that made it to nfl.

the bynes list may be longer the michael irvin family tree as far as broward county athletics.
Josh whopped my *** in the discus at states his senior year. He was a freak show.

Advertisement
he was good at hampton too.
Yea the program just went on a decline while he was there. I used to know some of there coaches. No kidding, they felt he was going to be their Daunte Culpepper. What DC did for UCF, they were hoping he did the same for them. I liked Herb at BA.

Yea the program just went on a decline while he was there. I used to know some of there coaches. No kidding, they felt he was going to be their Daunte Culpepper. What DC did for UCF, they were hoping he did the same for them. I liked Herb at BA.
That 06-07 team was loaded. They brought in Chris Anderson from Hollywood Hills (ended up at Troy) and Kevin Bryant from Hallandale. One of the biggest humans I'd ever seen lol.

Advertisement
bryant was like 6'7 380 lol

And now he’s a felon, turned to the streets

I can remember the Charles Deas saga, believe BA got him over there for a min because they convinced him they could get him eligible

I don’t think Bill Gates himself could get that dudes FCAT high enough to play

That 06-07 team was loaded. They brought in Chris Anderson from Hollywood Hills (ended up at Troy) and Kevin Bryant from Hallandale. One of the biggest humans I'd ever seen lol.
Yea. I felt Chris Anderson should have stayed at Hills. He was running for like 1800+ yards there then sort of fell off at BA. That year was the first time I recognized a public school recruiting like that in south Florida. Kevin Bryant was huge. I remember he committed to UNC. They had a few more on that team. Herb Bynes was there the year before but I believe his brother Josh was on that team and committed to Auburn.

Yea. I felt Chris Anderson should have stayed at Hills. He was running for like 1800+ yards there then sort of fell off at BA. That year was the first time I recognized a public school recruiting like that in south Florida. Kevin Bryant was huge. I remember he committed to UNC. They had a few more on that team. Herb Bynes was there the year before but I believe his brother Josh was on that team and committed to Auburn.
The rumor is they got Chris for a new PS2 lmao.

Advertisement
And now he’s a felon, turned to the streets

I can remember the Charles Deas saga, believe BA got him over there for a min because they convinced him they could get him eligible

I don’t think Bill Gates himself could get that dudes FCAT high enough to play
Big Deas was talented. I remember being at practice at South Plantation and our coaches was recruiting him haha. Showing him our formation and everything. Crazy that he missed his entire senior season then tore up the Cali-Florida bowl. Unfortunately, his grades was the issue but he went D2 after sometime in Juco and prep. I think he either went to Lane or Shaw but he was ballin there too

Big Deas was talented. I remember being at practice at South Plantation and our coaches was recruiting him haha. Showing him our formation and everything. Crazy that he missed his entire senior season then tore up the Cali-Florida bowl. Unfortunately, his grades was the issue but he went D2 after sometime in Juco and prep. I think he either went to Lane or Shaw but he was ballin there too

He was good enough lsu signed him without playing a snap his SR year

Of course he didn’t qualify lol

Advertisement
Deas was easily the best interior DL Ive ever seen play HS football in broward

Sadly he just had zero interest in school and the coaches/adults around him failed him in getting him atleast eligible

Pretty hard for them though when the kid would just leave school and walk home to chill all day until football practice

He was good enough lsu signed him without playing a snap his SR year

Of course he didn’t qualify lol
Exactly! He’s a “what if…” story. However, I always respected that he fulfilled his college eligibility. He did a year of prep, 2 Juco’s, and completed his final 2 years at a D2 HBCU. Unfortunately, most kids quit.

They were recruiting heavy in Hollywood n hallandale. Similar to what's going on now but then. Half of them kids wasn't from lakes or lauderhill lol

Advertisement
Back