sofla free agency thread

The private schools in BROWARD are some of the best football schools in THE COUNTRY....not the state..THE COUNTRY.

ST THOMAS AND CHAMINADE ARENT NEW TO THIS...American Heritage is fairly new to it but STA IS GOING ON 4 DECADES AND CHAMINADE 2.

1. I know

2. FTMF'ers

Advertisement
IMG_9971.webp

I mean...

They're bandwagoners. 🤷🏻‍♂️
And furthermore...
Who else is actually coaching, developing and winning in Broward?

*Creek does a good job. They've got some steam in North Broward.
*The former Douglas HC just won the district in his first season at Piper.
*Steve Davis retired from Plantation. He's been a consistent 7/8 win coach but they ran the Wing-T.
*Monarch has a high flying offense that kids like.
*And Western has been a solid program for the last decade maybe.

But other than that, who's got a respectable program that parents would want to send their kid to? (over the 4 prominent private schools)
Some of them would rather send their kids to warm the bench at a private school rather then send them to public.

Say what now

Love it.

Carol City is back on the rebuild.

MNW has Teddy an has some talent. Norland they are sleeping on after they beat everyone *** last year, Miami Central is back loaded and added more transfers again, Homestead is never spoken of as well as Columbus and they keep winning.

Its Broward where the public schools are mostly hit with destruction from the private schools.

The best broward publics this year will be in a top 5... Western, Coconut Creek, Monarch

Does that even sound right? lol

What happen to Carol City? I use to go to American back in the late 90s and they were our rivals along with HML. Carol City owned us and pretty much everybody else. Was it the rise of private schools that hurt them?

Advertisement
What happen to Carol City? I use to go to American back in the late 90s and they were our rivals along with HML. Carol City owned us and pretty much everybody else. Was it the rise of private schools that hurt them?
nope poor hires .........in back to back sucessions..they won states within the last 10 years though.

Norland sprouting up 2 years ago took some of their talent pool...Miramar always eats a few kids from there yearly...and their poor talent hires led to alot of guys that would be there being at schools like Chaminade.

The best Optomist program south florida probably ever seen was smack dab in Carol City and i dont think they got much out of that feeder system.....Thats the JJ Smith's, Traders, Bailey, Bullet gause's. All four couldve possibly been at CC since they all live in Miami Gardens..thats just me thinking off head.

They now got a coach and Tunsil appears to be behind him so you know there will be "recruiting' and kids coming in...I think they just got a kid from Virginia to transfer in this week and a few other out of state kids already. The coach came from American so he just basiclaly brought all the best american kids and also hiot some recruiting from smaller schools. Carol City will be formidable this year.

Not to mention, a lot of these kids parents would rather them be in private school because a lot of the public schools aren’t great. Given the choice between Boyd Anderson and American Heritage…there isn’t a choice.
That's why I don't even get upset if I lose a kid to a private. I understand from a parental standpoint. It's hard to turn down that opportunity.

Just don't make us play them in the playoffs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
School choice. Kids no longer have to attend their neighborhood school. You can transfer to any public school you want provided the school is not overcrowded and you provide your own transportation. It’s not just the private schools recruiting these days. The public school powerhouses in Dade recruit kids from all over the tri county area.

I had no idea

Biggest mystery for me is piper for most of my lifetime has never been good
They arent in the football hotbed demographically and the public schools surrounding them have better traditions..kids would go to Plantation before Piper evrry day of the week and American Heritage privately is close enough to grab kids. Western had taken kids from there as well

Piper and Boyd Anderson check their talent pool currently..it aint hitting on anything at all.

Dillard and Plantation would get the kids

They arent in the football hotbed demographically and the public schools surrounding them have better traditions..kids would go to Plantation before Piper evrry day of the week and American Heritage privately is close enough to grab kids. Western had taken kids from there as well

Piper and Boyd Anderson check their talent pool currently..it aint hitting on anything at all.

Dillard and Plantation would get the kids
But BA back in the day had some squads

Piper has just been a doormat, and not just football in literally all sports

Advertisement
Piper will be a winning team yearly with Coach Short and his staff. They were winning 7/8 games a year at Douglas. The issue will be getting the big bodies (Linemen)...which is basically a problem that most public schools have. And you need those kids to compete with the big boys.

I'd love if the FHSAA would finally put all the publics in one league, and let the privates duke it out in their own "SEC" of high school football. Stuff would get real interesting then, and it would break up the monotony of the same private schools winning the State title every season.

Piper will be a winning team yearly with Coach Short and his staff. They were winning 7/8 games a year at Douglas. The issue will be getting the big bodies (Linemen)...which is basically a problem that most public schools have. And you need those kids to compete with the big boys.

I'd love if the FHSAA would finally put all the publics in one league, and let the privates duke it out in their own "SEC" of high school football. Stuff would get real interesting then, and it would break up the monotony of the same private schools winning the State title every season.
You could combine that whole **** NW Broward corridor and they’d be a 500 team.

Advertisement
But BA back in the day had some squads

Piper has just been a doormat, and not just football in literally all sports
BA back in the day had squads just like Dillard..but this is before AH became anything in football. The trio of BA, DILLARD, and PLANTATION all were loaded as well. Kids werent just willingly going to sta either because those three were sending kids to div 1.

The area in BA is Predominantly haitian currently and majority of them arent playing football to tough or good at it. The whole school is a mess. I think we put up 50+ **** near 60 on them last year...and we werent exactly world beaters.

Piper and BA are sharing the same demographics its heavily jamaican and haitian immigrants that arent interested in football.

Advertisement
Back