sofla free agency thread

BA back in the day had squads just like Dillard..but this is before AH became anything in football. The trio of BA, DILLARD, and PLANTATION all were loaded as well. Kids werent just willingly going to sta either because those three were sending kids to div 1.

The area in BA is Predominantly haitian currently and majority of them arent playing football to tough or good at it. The whole school is a mess. I think we put up 50+ **** near 60 on them last year...and we werent exactly world beaters.

Piper and BA are sharing the same demographics its heavily jamaican and haitian immigrants that arent interested in football.
I know the HC over there at BA and that's exactly what he said. He's got a tough task ahead of him but I hope he does well. He seems to care a lot, see him at all the clinics, doing all the right things... but at a school like that it's an uphill battle. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Truth be told, there's really not a lot of "good jobs" in Broward County publics. Most of them are disasters and uphill battles. Whether it be the neighborhood, the administration support, the booster club support (lack of money), etc etc etc... most of the public school HC jobs are 🗑.

Schools that have access to athletes often times don't have booster support or administration support.
Likewise, schools that have booster/administration support don't have access to athletes.

Advertisement
BA back in the day had squads just like Dillard..but this is before AH became anything in football. The trio of BA, DILLARD, and PLANTATION all were loaded as well. Kids werent just willingly going to sta either because those three were sending kids to div 1.

The area in BA is Predominantly haitian currently and majority of them arent playing football to tough or good at it. The whole school is a mess. I think we put up 50+ **** near 60 on them last year...and we werent exactly world beaters.

Piper and BA are sharing the same demographics its heavily jamaican and haitian immigrants that arent interested in football.

Feel like that demographic hasn’t shifted much in the last 20 years though?

They had guys like Eddie Jackson, Demar Dorsey, Gerald Williams and the one Haitian dude that was his teammate just off the top of my head at BA back in the day

Piper hadn’t even had a single big time kid lol

They had guys like Eddie Jackson, Demar Dorsey, Gerald Williams and the one Haitian dude that was his teammate just off the top of my head at BA back in the day

i drive pass the school every day for work....most of the kids aint even speaking english.

It has MORE of an influx of jamaican and haitian immigrants who are recent to the country.

Lauderhill has forever been called Jamaica Hill.

The demographic changed up a bit...Boyd anderson barely has 30 kids on their team..ask Macho

Advertisement
i drive pass the school every day for work....most of the kids aint even speaking english.

It has MORE of an influx of jamaican and haitian immigrants who are recent to the country.

Lauderhill has forever been called Jamaica Hill.

The demographic changed up a bit...Boyd anderson barely has 30 kids on their team..ask Macho

Don’t follow bball as close but BA was good every year when I was playing back in the early 2000’s and of course they had Mitch Richmond before that

Gotta imagine they aren’t on that level anymore if what you are saying is true smh

They had a kid back in 04 when I was a sophomore. Vladimir Richards I believe. He signed with Tennessee. I think they had a kid back in 2018 that signed with ncstate

Don’t follow bball as close but BA was good every year when I was playing back in the early 2000’s and of course they had Mitch Richmond before that

Gotta imagine they aren’t on that level anymore if what you are saying is true smh
i think Northeast and stranahan has been pretty good in bball.

I want to say stranahan has won a state champ recently/

They had a kid back in 04 when I was a sophomore. Vladimir Richards I believe. He signed with Tennessee. I think they had a kid back in 2018 that signed with ncstate

Yeah that’s the Haitian kid I couldn’t think of that was Williams’ teammate

Zook had both of them committed I think as a packaged deal

Advertisement

Northeast was smart and brought in that one Gillion brother who ran team breakdown

Turned that school into a feeder program for big time bball kids from all over

Northeast HS, never in my life could I have imagined that

Their sports claim to fame was Lamar Jackson going there his freshman year lol

Northeast was smart and brought in that one Gillion brother who ran team breakdown

Turned that school into a feeder program for big time bball kids from all over

Northeast HS, never in my life could I have imagined that

Their sports claim to fame was Lamar Jackson going there his freshman year lol
And Bo Williams. I remember they ran that I Formation and his fullback was a **** dump truck.

Thanks for the knowledge sir

Do those those second-generation Haitian and Jamaican kids who were born here show more interest in football?

Advertisement

Stranahan won State in 2019, 2020 and 2022. Hykeem Williams was one of their top players on the 2022 team. As for BA it’s been 30 years since they last won.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back