sofla free agency thread

Guess we could talk Sofla HS football in here

Some exciting games coming up, none better than Gorman vs STA

I’d never watched Gorman play but watched them last year and woah….thats a program. Think STA is going to have their hands full

Advertisement
Guess we could talk Sofla HS football in here

Some exciting games coming up, none better than Gorman vs STA

I’d never watched Gorman play but watched them last year and woah….thats a program. Think STA is going to have their hands full
they should beat sta.

They are sta in their state with no competition.

STA at times arent even the best recruiting school down here... hate having to cap for sta.

But i got Gorman winning that one.

they should beat sta.

They are sta in their state with no competition.

STA at times arent even the best recruiting school down here... hate having to cap for sta.

But i got Gorman winning that one.

Seems CM is the recruiting king nowadays and AH slightly ahead of STA

Gorman gets kids from California and even as far as Hawaii to come in

Seems CM is the recruiting king nowadays and AH slightly ahead of STA

Gorman gets kids from California and even as far as Hawaii to come in
CM has to recruit they dont have a base where their school is located.

STA are getting kids in from 9th grade (for example the ryan mack's, chance robinsons types) they still recruit heavy its just not OBVIOUS like CM just taking established dade or broward kids.

STA dips into Southern Palm Beach alot..but more guys are going in there from 9th grade now adays.

Gorman has a whole state to work with , arizona, and cali kids that they pair up in homes with other kids. Tate who played for us hasd like 3 other kids living with him...the safety that started for us lived with them while at gorman. Thats why they both transferred to us.

The recruitments are really being done through 7 on 7 teams. Thats how Chaminade-Central gets guys heavy as their coaches are also the coaches on the best 7 on 7 teams in Raw, SFE, DEFCON ETC.

STA are getting kids in from 9th grade (for example the ryan mack's, chance robinsons types) they still recruit heavy its just not OBVIOUS like CM just taking established dade or broward kids.

STA dips into Southern Palm Beach alot..but more guys are going in there from 9th grade now adays.

Gorman has a whole state to work with , arizona, and cali kids that they pair up in homes with other kids. Tate who played for us hasd like 3 other kids living with him...the safety that started for us lived with them while at gorman. Thats why they both transferred to us.

The recruitments are really being done through 7 on 7 teams. Thats how Chaminade-Central gets guys heavy as their coaches are also the coaches on the best 7 on 7 teams in Raw, SFE, DEFCON ETC.

Back in the day, prolly still going on, before the 7v7 stuff took off it was the pee wee leagues the schools were scouting at

Advertisement
Back in the day, prolly still going on, before the 7v7 stuff took off it was the pee wee leagues the schools were scouting at
these guys live at the optomist games. Most of them coach the optomist programs...i know the chaminade guys coach optomist as well.

like rat said 7 on 7 is where these kids enter the portal.

STA is in on kids early from optomist...chamnade and other big dogs let the other schools develop kids (they call em jucos) then snatch em as their div 1 sr syrs leave.

Last edited:
these guys live at the optomist games.

like rat said 7 on 7 is where these kids enter the portal.

STA is in on kids early from optomist...chamnade and other big dogs let the other schools develop kids (they call em jucos) then snatch em as their div 1 sr syrs leave.
These clowns call/text our kids in the off-season trying to poach them. 🙄
Like bruh, develop your own kids.

As soon as one of our kids makes All County I just assume his phone is gonna blow up in February/March.

These clowns call/text our kids in the off-season trying to poach them. 🙄
Like bruh, develop your own kids.

As soon as one of our kids makes All County I just assume his phone is gonna blow up in February/March.
HOW ARE YALL DOING CONSIDERING ONE OF YALL STAFF MEMBERS ARE OVER THERE NOW AT CHAMINADE?.

ALSO I WENT TO ONE OF THE FIRST WORKOUTS ABOUT 2 WEEKS BACK YOU WERENT THERE THOUGH LOL.

one OF MY RELATIVES AN INCOMING FRESHMAN BUT HE LIVE IN SPRINGS SO MOM THOUGHT IT WAS TOO FAR I WAS TRYNA GIVE HIM TO OUR MUTUAL FRIEND AND YALL AT WESTERN..(HE ENDED UP AT MONARCH DOWN THE STREET)

YOUR STARTING LBER I JUST REALIZED WAS AT MY MIRAMAR OPTOMIST TEAM JUST THE POUND BELOW HE WAS ON THE TEAM WITH SINORICE, LIL ROB, ETC. HE ALWAYS PLAYED LB TO HARDNOSED KID.

YALL GOT A FEW BIG OL AS WELL AND SOME YOUNG NINTH AND TEN GRADERS THAT EVERY ONE WILL BE TRYNA POACH THAT WILL BE BIG TIME RECRUITS THOSE DBS. SEEM TO BE LEADERS AT A YOUNG AGE.

Advertisement
HOW ARE YALL DOING CONSIDERING ONE OF YALL STAFF MEMBERS ARE OVER THERE NOW AT CHAMINADE?.

ALSO I WENT TO ONE OF THE FIRST WORKOUTS ABOUT 2 WEEKS BACK YOU WERENT THERE THOUGH LOL.

one OF MY RELATIVES AN INCOMING FRESHMAN BUT HE LIVE IN SPRINGS SO MOM THOUGHT IT WAS TOO FAR I WAS TRYNA GIVE HIM TO OUR MUTUAL FRIEND AND YALL AT WESTERN..(HE ENDED UP AT MONARCH DOWN THE STREET)

YOUR STARTING LBER I JUST REALIZED WAS AT MY MIRAMAR OPTOMIST TEAM JUST THE POUND BELOW HE WAS ON THE TEAM WITH SINORICE, LIL ROB, ETC. HE ALWAYS PLAYED LB TO HARDNOSED KID.

YALL GOT A FEW BIG OL AS WELL AND SOME YOUNG NINTH AND TEN GRADERS THAT EVERY ONE WILL BE TRYNA POACH THAT WILL BE BIG TIME RECRUITS THOSE DBS. SEEM TO BE LEADERS AT A YOUNG AGE.
We probably have the most talent in Western history... but we're very young. Whole secondary is 9th/10th graders. WR core is starting multiple underclassmen.

Culture wise, we are NOT where we want to be yet. We don't have the toughness and leadership on defense that we had last year. (which is to be expected with so much youth)
They're gonna need to grow up fast this year cause the schedule is unforgiving.

Western's schedule starts off with Hoover, at Heritage, STA, and Chaminade week 5 🤯🤯

💯
Gorman has Tank Carrington. That kid is from Maryland. Their recruiting is nationwide.

Advertisement
He was in GA before comnig to St. Francis. 3 HS in 3 years.
I didn’t know that. I knew one of his Pop Warner coaches. He was telling me about him in the 8th grade and they were in the DMV area. I didn’t know he played ball in GA. The kid can play though.

Advertisement
Western's schedule starts off with Hoover, at Heritage, STA, and Chaminade week 5 🤯🤯
Yikes! I'm torn, because Western and Goleman are in the same district. I'm a Western grad, but coached for a few years at Goleman, and am very good friends with their head coach. And that is more recently than my graduation from Western lol. I don't have any true connections to Western any more (except for @Coach Macho on here lol). I always like seeing Western succeed, but Goleman week will be tough.

Advertisement
Back