Scrimmage Thread??

Some more thoughts...
Tight ends were ok.... Asante Cleveland looks awesome physically.. This kid has def gotten bigger and looks the part... He had one bad drop; Clive had two touchdowns, but that was before I got there so can't comment on that.. He was wide open for a touchdown and Williams threw it behind him (that was Williams only bad throw)... Not much more to comment on the TE, David perry got some burn but really didn't do much...

I know it's early, but crow and Dewey are NOT ready... And I'm being nice.

Gadbois and Flowers look good for being 1st year players, they got a lot of burn today.. I remember last year seantrel would make BWash look small.. If u see seantrel and flowers next to each other, they're similar in size... That's a big freshman....

I expect to see lots of flowers and gadbios this year...

On defense not sure where to start.... I can't stop thinking about how weak we are at safety.. It's bad... Williams hooked up with Scott for a long TD, I wasn't celebrating, instead I was holding my head in disbelief at how our DBs, specifically the safeties couldn't bring him down.... He cut across the entire field and out safeties SHOULD have enough speed to force a player out of bounds when they have that kind of angle... They are slooooww... So that's a concern in my opinion, I really hope I'm over analyzing it....
Talking about hope, Larry hope really held his own and played very well.. The DB that stood out to me we're def hope and Gunther.. Solid pick ups.. I expect to see some freshmen in action in the secondary..( Howard, bush, duke and Malcolm Lewis were all sitting together by the way)....
LB looked fine, DP52 making plays like always, Gionni Paul saw some action, so did Eddie Johnson and Tyrone Cornelius... I really wanted to see josh Witt but he was in no contact jersey.. Kirby had some nice hits.. On the line I saw Ricardo Williams get some burn (got pancaked by Flowers) Dwayne holliet is quick, he got a "sack" but there was one play where he was completely lost looking around as if he was asking where to line up... But he held his own... Nobody else really stuck out, I feel like the OL beat out the DL today.... That's basically all I can remember... In conclusion, it's still too early we have a bunch of freshman coming in August so that will make things interesting... I love these CANES...

Advertisement
Its still early but **** safeties get out run on angles and not being able to bring down players who break through the 3rd level of the defense has been happening season after season since as long as I can remember

Advertisement
Always nice to hear that the senior members of our defense have improved so much over the years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was a 3 star........pass

We need more 5 stars like Aldarius

funny thing is...thats who he actually plays like...Aldarius without the attitude and poor work ethic...which would of made a pretty good wr. Like Scott's ability..and hard work...could be a matchup problem for dbs
edit:
Just seen the play ............he definately has more wheels than D (ALDARIUS)...took that slant to the house with relative ease..outrunning both of our starting safeties. I think he did state that he has clocked 4.4. this spring in an interview will have to check

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some of the things that stood out to my son and me.

defense
- sorry to miss out on Witt due to an injury
- Armbrister #13 made some nice plays at DB and showed some pop.
- Telemaque turned Asante Cleveland back with a nice hit, but didn't think he and RRA were too prominent
- Hoilett had a good rush that was credited a sack. He looked very fast for a DE.
- Shayon Green looked pretty strong and made a few plays. I hope he can stay healthy because he looks like he could play LB or DE.
- Larry Hope was in on a lot of plays and looked like a good tackler
- Highsmith was laying the lumber, but missed an int right in his hands on the goal (and didn't do the push-ups)
_ actually there were several easy ints that were dropped

offense
- Hagens went down with a leg injury twisting for a swing pass that was behind him, no contact that I could see.. Walking gingerly on the sideline after. Hopefully no ligament injury
- Ereck Flowers is immense and seemed to tolerate the heat better than some OLs, Gadbois was really gasping on the SL.
- Rayshawn looked good and pretty fast, esp on that route across the field
- Clements and James run hard, but none of the backs seemed to hit the hole very fast.
- I saw Crawford getting more throws than runs but he looked good.
- Holton had a couple good runs, surprisingly.
- I didn't see who sprung Thomson for his TD down the sideline but there was a nice block and he used it well, looked fast, too.

My biggest concern is the lack of speed hitting the hole in the backfield since any D with speed may be able to shut down the running game.
Nice crowd and, on the whole, there were more positives than negatives.

Advertisement
Back