Rumor- Eddie Johnson

I feel like there's multiple people on this site who could do a much better job that Susan Miller-Degnan covering the Canes. She's awful.

Advertisement
SMD is the absolute worst. I worked alongside her for a couple years when I wrote for The Hurricane and she is the walking embodiment of the death of journalism. She constantly stirs this crap up and has no recourse for any of her unfounded reports; it's just throwing crap against the wall and hoping she sticks. She will never be fired for it either, provided the paper stays in business, because she is a woman (sorry if that is an unpopular opinion but it is probably true).

I am sure she is a nice enough lady but at some point if you suck at your job you lose it, unless you work in newspapers I guess.

So what you are saying is, we have another Charles Robinson on our hands...

Advertisement
SMD is the absolute worst. I worked alongside her for a couple years when I wrote for The Hurricane and she is the walking embodiment of the death of journalism. She constantly stirs this crap up and has no recourse for any of her unfounded reports; it's just throwing crap against the wall and hoping she sticks. She will never be fired for it either, provided the paper stays in business, because she is a woman (sorry if that is an unpopular opinion but it is probably true).

I am sure she is a nice enough lady but at some point if you suck at your job you lose it, unless you work in newspapers I guess.

It's the same person...

Robinson-Miller Degnan.webp

From latest Susan Miller Degnan blog entry at Miami Herald:

Rumors are rampant that there is some type of situation going on with redshirt freshman linebacker Eddie Johnson, who just happens to be a co-first-team outside linebacker with Thurston Armbrister. I'm hearing there is something to those rumors, but I don't want to report anything until it's confirmed -- if it's confirmed.

Golden said Johnson was inside the Hecht Athletic Center and would be coming out shortly. He was not out there during our viewing. We asked about his status and Golden said his status was the same. "Nothing has changed,'' Golden said.

If Johnson's status is in jeopardy, then it appears Armbrister would be the starter, with true freshman Gabe Terry as the backup -- at least that's what the depth chart says. Johnson is listed as 6-1 and 230 pounds. He is from Atlanta, Ga.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...-back-but-lb-eddie-johnson.html#storylink=cpy

Read: everyone go to Canesinsight.com for the best Hurricanes coverage around. Thank you.

Susan Miller Degnan ‏@smillerdegnan

#UM #Canes coach Golden indicated status of Eddie Johnson is unchanged & he's on team. We still haven't seen him.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite

too friggin funny, lmfao...

Advertisement

It's the same person...

View attachment 12459

Finkle is Einhorn? Who was the poster who said he'd bang her? Her gun is ****ing into your hip.

Advertisement
I think Michael Casagrande of the Sun Sentinel is doing the best job of the beat reporters. Multiple posts daily, includes pictures and videos, etc.

I like the job Manny Navarro does. Not sure why the Herald keeps giving us Susan, though.

Many has exact same quote as Susan in his blog. Wtf

Rumors are rampant that there is some type of situation going on with redshirt freshman linebacker Eddie Johnson, who just happens to be a co-first-team outside linebacker with Thurston Armbrister. I'm hearing there is something to those rumors, but I don't want to report anything until it's confirmed -- if it's confirmed.

Advertisement
I like the job Manny Navarro does. Not sure why the Herald keeps giving us Susan, though.

Many has exact same quote as Susan in his blog. Wtf

I think him and Susan run that blog FWIW.

Advertisement
Back