Rumor- Eddie Johnson

I love what this staff is doing. Pushing kids to the limit and making them earn it, this is how you get better AS A TEAM. The mentally and physically weak will transfer as they can't handle it and the strong will only continue to get stronger. Gents...this team will be better than the sum of its parts this year. You watch.

Advertisement
What Ferman said about him throwing a fit is true, but it was earlier in the week. Not sure that's what this is about but haven't heard anything definitive.

What Ferman said about him throwing a fit is true, but it was earlier in the week. Not sure that's what this is about but haven't heard anything definitive.

i don't necessarily have a problem with guys getting worked up (hope it was getting worked up more than just a fit). i want a guy who's passionate/emotional at times. just need to channel that passion onto the field - he's young. hopefully he learns that. i like the kid as a player and as a kid cause he went out his way to go over chairs and a table to come over and give my daughter a high 5. things like that help make her a life long Cane fan the same way guys like Donnie Ellis taking time to play with me as a kid when he'd come over to the house that made me care about the Canes on a deeper level. not just about that U. its about the young men wearing it.

Here's a scenario ....

Johnson threw a fit over some underclassman taking playing time away and publicly talked about transferring or quitting the team. It gets back to Golden. Boss man orders his name plate removed from Johnson's locker to test his mettle. Rumors fly that Johnson is dismissed from the team. Johnson removes foot from mouth, apologizes to Golden and remains on the team.

Love me some Golden...

Here's a scenario ....

Johnson threw a fit over some underclassman taking playing time away and publicly talked about transferring or quitting the team. It gets back to Golden. Boss man orders his name plate removed from Johnson's locker to test his mettle. Rumors fly that Johnson is dismissed from the team. Johnson removes foot from mouth, apologizes to Golden and remains on the team.

Love me some Golden...

John Wooden coached in this manner. He told his guys they had to cut their hair (long-haired Cali kids back then).
Well Bill Walton came to Wooden a few days later and said, "coach.. I've thought about it deeply and I'm not going to cut my hair."
To which Wooden responded, "well we're gonna miss ya."

Advertisement

Here's a scenario ....

Love me some Golden...

John Wooden coached in this manner.

[video=youtube;4OPu3fnbmvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OPu3fnbmvo[/video]

Advertisement
Proof:

643546575.webp

Advertisement
Advertisement

Here's a scenario ....

Love me some Golden...

It's not going to get any easier for Eddie Johnson with these kind of shenanigan's

Advertisement
Back