Rick acknowledges huge gaps in WR recruiting

Advertisement
Did you just call him a fan cheese?

One man's Dawgshyt is another man's Fancheese. This is just what they do.[/QUO

Oh I see. Thanks. Still mad corny.

Mad about what? I could give 2 shîts

No, I'm saying calling Franchise "Fan Cheese" is mad corny.

Oh I'm sorry. Lol... I'm old. I thought you were calling me mad and corny....which would be partially right anyhow I'm just not mad at anyone in our thread. I just learned another one.

Is this the first time you've seen him say Fan Cheese? Sometimes it really gets vicious here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What's really interesting is that the staff doesn't seem to be scrambling at WR. I think we will know a lot by the way they operate after the dead period. If they are scrambling then, then we know we are in trouble. If we don't see new names appear then you have to think Harley, Smith?, and somebody else could be locked in? How are new names not popping up/how do they seem content right now with just Njoku?

What's really interesting is that the staff doesn't seem to be scrambling at WR. I think we will know a lot by the way they operate after the dead period. If they are scrambling then, then we know we are in trouble. If we don't see new names appear then you have to think Harley, Smith?, and somebody else could be locked in? How are new names not popping up/how do they seem content right now with just Njoku?

Hopefully we will get some new names in the work tonight.

His statements were an open recruiting message to WR's that if you're fast and prove you are better than the guy(s) in front of you then, you can start here. What many of us Cane Fans refuse to open our eyes to and accept, is that top caliber WR's are not lining up to catch passes from Kaaya. He does not inspire with his lack of personality, athleticism and passing skills. Young aggressive fast AA Wr's are not attracted to a corny unskilled dude like Kaaya. Say what you want, it's not the staff's inability, but rather who they asking them to play with. Putting aside our loyalties many of us would take the fsu rookie QB over Kaaya.

I don't buy the nobody wants play with Kaaya because at most they will only be catching balls from him for 1 year.

Advertisement
His statements were an open recruiting message to WR's that if you're fast and prove you are better than the guy(s) in front of you then, you can start here. What many of us Cane Fans refuse to open our eyes to and accept, is that top caliber WR's are not lining up to catch passes from Kaaya. He does not inspire with his lack of personality, athleticism and passing skills. Young aggressive fast AA Wr's are not attracted to a corny unskilled dude like Kaaya. Say what you want, it's not the staff's inability, but rather who they asking them to play with. Putting aside our loyalties many of us would take the fsu rookie QB over Kaaya.

I'm not the biggest fan of Kaaya but your statement is ridiculous. He it's up stats and throws the rock. I doubt he has much to do with the current recruits picking Miami or not.

All-American freshman wide receiver and UM all-time freshman record holder AR shouldn't have signed to with Miami to catch passes from Kaaya. Why the **** would he have ever wanted to play with him. I can see why other WR recruits wouldn't want to play with Kaaya.

The retardation in this thread is strong. People just make ridiculous shīt up in their heads and run with it as if it was canon law.

There's still time left.....I'm not going to throw in the towel like some.....I do believe the staff is in a down the stretch scramble right now one way or the other....Smith said he's looking to play early.....some how Miami "must" convince him there's guaranteed PT.

Advertisement
But the porsters on here said it was no big deal because we may or may not get the heritage Ol kids!

Hopefully we will get some new names in the work tonight.

Setting ourselves up for another grad transfer. I think they are content to take a pass on WR recruiting this cycle (no pun intended) bc they feel good about Cager, Mullins, and Harris (I know, I know). One thing about this staff is the Coaches believe in their ability to get the best out of their players, and I think you kind of have to give them the benefit of the doubt on this. Still doesn't excuse what can only be described as a debacle of WR recruiting, and you ultimately need still need the thoroughbreds to win the derby.

The ND kid -- Holmes -- out of STA, has plenty of speed to burn. Don't know what happened to him up there in Indiana.

There's still time left.....I'm not going to throw in the towel like some.....I do believe the staff is in a down the stretch scramble right now one way or the other....Smith said he's looking to play early.....some how Miami "must" convince him there's guaranteed PT.

I just don't see how Richt will pull off this upset of getting Smith out of $EC country. Smith basically lives on LSUcamlus and Bama has been on him all year. This would be a bigger upset/steal than Jeudy would have been.

Advertisement

I just don't see how Richt will pull off this upset of getting Smith out of $EC country. Smith basically lives on LSUcamlus and Bama has been on him all year. This would be a bigger upset/steal than Jeudy would have been.

Time to play the game. Hire his coach or handler. I'd also play Smith, two ways. He's a better DB than WR.

He's throwing spaghetti on a wall right now to see what sticks. I don't get a confident feeling about where we stand right now with WR's.

I can understand where yall are coming from. Problem is though no one knows what's going on behind the scenes & recruiting in large part is done behind the scenes. ***** next year. It's irrelevant to this conversation. Other than jeudy passing on us (& not knowing the reasons why)how can anything be said of how we feel about wr recruiting? Dingle & Scott were both forced out. Holloman you guys can have your opinion but the only way his brother gets in here is using not only a scholarship but one of our 4 academic exemptions on as well. No chance in he'll kid is worth that. Most of yall been gave up on jeudy so what's so negative than? Because you're not hearing one way or the other about recruiting at that position? Richt's statement by the way was directed specifically towards one recruit by the way. I'm sure no one will believe that but feel free to put the usual doom & gloom spin on it guys.

if campus visits meant anything we would have chris henderson already. i agree with your assessment tho. i feel this way too. lets hope we're wrong

Advertisement
Back