2025 QB Luke Nickel, Alpharetta, GA

Watching this kid I thought from Day 1 his dad had to be a QB or something. He has all of the traits a kid that’s been taught to play QB from the womb

Just looked it up finally apparently his dad was a TE at Stanford in the early 90s

I knew his brother was a TE that signed with Michigan St but yeah football clearly running deep in that family and the kid plays like it. He’s got a little Drake Maye in him

Advertisement
How high are you guys on Luke? Seen some stuff but haven’t been able to read a ton recently.

Big time guy like freshman starter or has tools and need to develop?

Our board has consistently praised his commitment well before the national recruiting sites and other bigtime programs started paying attention. He was a mid three star when he committed and most in here felt we got the evaluation right. Many were ecstatic with the take including me (no expert though). Even more are sky high on him now given his performance at the Elite 11 and start of his Senior season.

But personally I don’t think a Top 10 program should be starting a true freshman at QB barring injury or once in a decade like talent. Nickel is not Trevor Lawrence IMO. But he could become a championship QB with development.

Advertisement
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Advertisement
Advertisement
His comp is Brock Berlin for me.

And we will be in the portal again at QB For sure....it wouldnt be a Lagway but someone establish with 1 year to go similar to Cam.
I know its early but who is on the list?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Milton won last night but sounds like an uneven performance from Nickel, no stats though. CJ Wiley seemed to have a big game.

Some throws below.

Advertisement
Back