Projected Depth Chart 2024

I hope Stafford and Williams don’t end up JAGs. Those two have so much athletic potential. Maybe it’s confidence or mental in some other way? Patterson, Mack and Frédérique are going to have a lot of chances to see major playing time this year.
No stafford is still learning. He hasn’t been playing the position that long

Advertisement
“From the outside looking, DB seems to be the question mark area, with only Porter returning. Powell will play mainly safety this fall, and inexperienced guys like Jaden Harris and Markeith Williams are looking to start opposite him at safety while at corner along with Hill there’s guys like Jadais Richard and Damari Brown (started final four games last year, playing mainly nickel this fall).

“We have to develop to where we have five corners at least to feel good,” Guidry said. “I feel we’re in a better spot this year than we were last year. Safety is where our low number count is and we’re a little thin, so we have to stay healthy.”

Guidry said Powell will play free safety and be spotted in at nickel at times – he played nickel in the spring but played safety at Washington. Guidry said Brown and Richard will play nickel and that right now it’s Brown as the starting nickel.”

Many, myself included, predicted Hill/DPJR at CB and Brown at Nickel with Powell and Jaden/Markeith at S. Sounds like that will be what we roll out initially.
This is exactly what i was thinking, guidry has been saying he sees damari as a nickel..idk why people were putting him outside over dyoni

Outside of DPJ that secondary scares the **** out of me. I will hope for the best, because otherwise that's a nasty roster.
Really wish they had grabbed an impact safety in the portal. That position is the only one on paper that doesn't seem stacked IMO

This is exactly what i was thinking, guidry has been saying he sees damari as a nickel..idk why people were putting him outside over dyoni
But I was told that there was no way that Damari Brown could or would play Nickel much less start.

Advertisement
We will have the line of scrimmage advantage but will our guys be ready for the environment is what I worry most about. Will Mario allow the offense to run or will he clam up and just ground and pound all day.
Miami will run a balanced attack. We have Martinez and Cam and both will contribute.

The only way we ground and pound all day is if we are somehow churning 6-7 yards a carry and if that's the case then you take it

CB is hardly stacked. There's some talent in the Secondary but we're thin at both Safety and CB. The next two classes will solve that problem.
Ya I guess depth wise it isn't great at CB either but I like the Frontline guys in Porter and D. Brown. Honestly feel like safety is a total Q Mark. Hope they step up

Advertisement
DE. Tyler Baron/Elijah Alston/Marquis Lightfoot/Malik Bryant/
DT. Simeon Barrow/Josh Horton/Justin Scott
DT. CJ Clark/Marley Cook/Ahmad Moten
DE. Rueben Bain Jr./Akeem Mesidor/Cole McConathy
LB. Wesley Bissainthe/Jaylin Alderman/Adarius Hayes
LB. Kiko Mauigoa/Popo Aguirre/
NLB. Cam Pruitt/Bobby Washington/Chase Smith
CB. Daryl Porter Jr./Robert Stafford/Ryan Mack
S . Meesh Powell/Markeith Williams
S . Jaden Harris/Zaquan Patterson
N . Dyoni Hill/Meesh Powell/Dylan Day
CB. Damari Brown/Jadais Richard/OJ Frederique

QB. Cam Ward/Reese Poffenbarger/Emory Williams/Judd Anderson
RB. Damien Martinez/Mark Fletcher/Ajay Allen/Jordan Lyle
*SB. Chris Johnson/Chris Wheatley Humphrey
TE. Elijah Arroyo/Riley Williams/Elijah Lofton
LT. Jalen Rivers/Markel Bell
LG. Samson Okunlola/Matthew McCoy
C. Zach Carpenter/Ryan Rodriguez
RG. Anez Cooper/Tommy Kinsler
RT. Francis Mauigoa/Samson Okunlola
WR. Sam Brown/Isaiah Horton/Jojo Trader
WR. Xavier Restrepo/Ray Ray Joseph/Robby Washington
WR. Jacolby George/Ny Carr/Shemar Kirk

*SB= Scat Back/Third Down Back/Change of Pace Back/Speed Back

I was bored waiting for Fall Camp to begin so I made this depth chart. The thing that hit me almost immediately was the huge difference in quality depth over last year. There is obviously a big increase in high end/explosive talent on the rooster.

There were several positions that were difficult to project into a depth chart as we have not gone through fall camp yet. Still there were other positions thst were difficult because we have so much more depth and competition. The only 2 positions with a shortage of quality depth and high end talent were Safety with CB close behind. Obviously the actual post fall camp depth chart will differ from mine.

The biggest thing this little exercise showed me was that this 2024 squad is considerably more talented and much deeper than last year's team and in a completely different universe than the 2022 team. With merely competent coaching this is a 10 win team. I'll go on record and state that anything less than 10 wins will be a disappointment.
Has anyone seen or heard of CJ Clark so far this fall camp? I haven’t heard anything and I just saw the DL Workout video and he’s not there either.

Has anyone seen or heard of CJ Clark so far this fall camp? I haven’t heard anything and I just saw the DL Workout video and he’s not there either.

Haven't heard anything during Summer Camp. I hope he's healthy. In @DMoney 's podcast on the DTs published 10 days ago, he reviewed Clark based on his Spring performance and said he's better than any DT we had from 2023. If that's right, the combination of Barrow + Clark would put us in a different level altogether to what we've seen lately. Praying for both these guys to stay healthy and perform at their optimum!

Clark discussion starts at the 7:52 mark.

Advertisement
SIAP

So if we assume long snapper is on scholly...

We are at 82 unless Isaiah Taylor, Luis Cristobal, or Mooyung is on scholly?

Nelson, Balom, and Redding are all off the roster.

Didn't we used to have a scholly thread pinned to top?

Advertisement
I think Jacolby is going to have a terrific season-

OJ, has the goods to be really good at CB he showed that at STA when I watched him at the games -If he’s able to give us some reps it will help our depth.

“From the outside looking, DB seems to be the question mark area, with only Porter returning. Powell will play mainly safety this fall, and inexperienced guys like Jaden Harris and Markeith Williams are looking to start opposite him at safety while at corner along with Hill there’s guys like Jadais Richard and Damari Brown (started final four games last year, playing mainly nickel this fall).

“We have to develop to where we have five corners at least to feel good,” Guidry said. “I feel we’re in a better spot this year than we were last year. Safety is where our low number count is and we’re a little thin, so we have to stay healthy.”

Guidry said Powell will play free safety and be spotted in at nickel at times – he played nickel in the spring but played safety at Washington. Guidry said Brown and Richard will play nickel and that right now it’s Brown as the starting nickel.”

Many, myself included, predicted Hill/DPJR at CB and Brown at Nickel with Powell and Jaden/Markeith at S. Sounds like that will be what we roll out initially.
Yep! It was yourself, Elk and yours truly who were on the Damari Brown to start at Nickel train the entire off season.

Haven't heard anything during Summer Camp. I hope he's healthy. In @DMoney 's podcast on the DTs published 10 days ago, he reviewed Clark based on his Spring performance and said he's better than any DT we had from 2023. If that's right, the combination of Barrow + Clark would put us in a different level altogether to what we've seen lately. Praying for both these guys to stay healthy and perform at their optimum!

Clark discussion starts at the 7:52 mark.

IMG_8581.webp

Nevermind. He’s been spotted at practice. Very lowkey. No mention or anything of him.

Advertisement
Back