Projected Depth Chart 2024

Advertisement
Hot take.....OJ Frederique is starting at CB by mid-season and as early as VT.
Our starting secondary should look quite a bit different by mid season. I like the OJ prediction and also think there's a good chance we'll see Markeith Williams or Zaquan Patterson take one of the starting safety spots at some point.

Our starting secondary should look quite a bit different by mid season. I like the OJ prediction and also think there's a good chance we'll see Markeith Williams or Zaquan Patterson take one of the starting safety spots at some point.
Agreed. By mid-season we are likely to see both OJ Frederique and Zaquan Patterson as starters. They are both too talented to take a back seat for too long.

I'm a huge fan of Markeith Williams but IMO the only way he starts is if Powell takes over at Nickel full time and even then Markeith's lack of physicality would likely have him behind Jaden Harris at FS with Zaquan at SS.

CB Ryan Mack and Safety Dylan Day have flashed. Not to the level of OJ Frederique but enough to tell me that one or both could earn significant playing time before the end of the season.

We have a good CB class coming in next year but we need to flip Pickett or Hanks in order to make it elite. We also need another Safety to pair with Stubbs now that Wallace is out for what is likely going to be 2 seasons.

Advertisement
Back