Projected Depth Chart 2024

I think guidry has said he sees damari as a nickel
Dyoni has played outside in guidry defense already

Mesidor has said he probably plays more 3tech

Overall thoughts are we should aim to be a team with a high scoring prolific offense with a defense that bends but doesn’t break led by the pass rush causing havoc

Bend/Don’t Break!?

Let’s call Dorito.

That guy was a genius.

Why attack and slow your opponent down, when you can let them possess the ball 75% of the game and give up 500yds per game?

Advertisement
Assuming normal health over the course of a season, only winning 9 games with this talent would be a cataclysmic disaster.

Truthfully, we should be saying 11 wins or bust. This is an 11 win roster against arguably the weakest schedule we've ever had in the ACC. But, just because my therapist has spent a decade trying to get me to temper expectations with this program, I will say 10 wins or bust. A truly good to great coaching staff wins 11+ here, though. Let's be real.

If somehow, again barring major injuries to really key players, we're sitting here on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and we only won 9 or less games, anyone trying to say it's "progress" because 5 > 7 > 9 should be shot directly in the **** with a 10 gauge shotgun filled with screws, washers, and nuts.

Advertisement
Assuming normal health over the course of a season, only winning 9 games with this talent would be a cataclysmic disaster.

Truthfully, we should be saying 11 wins or bust. This is an 11 win roster against arguably the weakest schedule we've ever had in the ACC. But, just because my therapist has spent a decade trying to get me to temper expectations with this program, I will say 10 wins or bust. A truly good to great coaching staff wins 11+ here, though. Let's be real.

If somehow, again barring major injuries to really key players, we're sitting here on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and we only won 9 or less games, anyone trying to say it's "progress" because 5 > 7 > 9 should be shot directly in the **** with a 10 gauge shotgun filled with screws, washers, and nuts.
Are you suggesting a shot of nuts to the nuts??

That's NutZ!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Half the board needs to consult with your therapist!

We're missing game changers at DT and DB, and depth at DB. Those are the differences between us and a true championship-caliber roster. The question all of us want to know is will they be enough to cause us to lose games?

I'm optimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have a few UL-type games where we look lost out there on defense at critical moments of the game. Maybe our freshmen like ZP, Mac, Frederique, Scott, Jones, Blount will be able to step up and help with stops or turnovers that put games out of reach. And of course, having the offense we have will hopefully be enough to cover.

All that said, we have the most dynamic offense in the ACC. And on D, we have an elite pass rush and high quality and experienced LBs. We're a more complete team than we've been in 20 years.

My major concern with this roster is how thin we are at DB. It's not an ideal situation by any stretch of the imagination. Some good talent in that room, but way too thin for comfort.

The good news is that the offense - on paper at least for the moment - has the potential to outscore anybody. I'd also like to think we'll be more cautious with our coverages. A very good front seven and an ok secondary are fine, especially if the offense is on a roll.

Advertisement
I don't think Dyoni is playing boundary, I think he is playing slot. I got Porter and either Richard or Damari at boundary (remember, the two latter ones actually played well), Dyoni at Nickel.

It's serviceable and will get the job done. We don't have safeties that jump coverages now, which will result in fewer busts.
The amount of times that that Kam or JW blew coverages last year was insane.

DL, especially DE should be able to cause extreme havoc

OL if they stay healthy should be a top 5 OL in terms of talent and experience

That’s how you build a team and win, trenches and not to mention the massive upgrade at QB

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jordan Lyle emerge as RB3 or RB2 with Fletcher out

Advertisement
Yeah, I don't see Jacolby losing his spot to anyone, barring more stupid penalties which I don't see happening. Kid is going to light it up with Cam as his QB.
My bad I misunderstood. OP has him starting in a 3 wide so I was like "**** you think he's gonna lose his spot?" lol

The amount of times that that Kam or JW blew coverages last year was insane.
Exactly, Kam fell from a potential 1st rounder to the 3rd, and Williams was just 15 picks away from not being drafted. Porter was excellent last year, Damari play is a bit being underrated, and then add Powel to the mix. One of Stafford, Williams or Harris, will start and with the other two being reliable backups. Will find out more about the transfers next month. Considering how deep we are at all other positions, it is alittle unfair to consider them a weak link, when the difference is experience, not talent. I have no concerns that they will not get the job done.

Is your assumption that our base offense will have 2 WRs only?

I know that may be only one more receiver than Mario's dream offense, but God I hope not lol.
No, god no lmao OP has 3 starting WRs. First post I responded too was "other than Jacolby, spot on" so I thought he meant he wasn't gonna be starting.

Advertisement
Back