Our DL Room is FILTHY

I know everyone loves Jones but I’m more excited about him long term. I think him and Blount are going to be monsters in 2 years. Scott is the guy I’m expecting to show something immediately.

When your a 5*…there should be certain expectations that come with that and we need to start having that mindset as a fanbase. He doesn’t need to give us a Bain level encore performance but I’m expecting him to be in the 2 deep by years end and push Moten or Horton into the portal come offseason.

No doubt about this but I continue to caution folks on pure DT true freshmen. They just very rarely make major impacts. It’s the main reason why holding onto Barrow was so important. I expect Scott and Jones to get into games, but it’s going to take longer for them to be true impact players, traditionally. Bain is a MAJOR outlier, and again the game on the edge is much different than the pure strength that’s needed in the middle. Go look at the 2023 DT recruits. How many of them did much of anything?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ironic that Alston tops this list and we’re arguing about how good Baron is in a separate thread. Our pass rush better be best in the conference given the guys we have there.

It’s a massive fail if it’s not. I know we always overvalue players here and slurp relentlessly this time of year, but I’d love for someone to show me a better group of edge players on any team in the country.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 9.16.02 PM.png

Baron looks HUGE even standing right next to Josh Horton. Also looks like he will be ready to roll game one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ironic that Alston tops this list and we’re arguing about how good Baron is in a separate thread. Our pass rush better be best in the conference given the guys we have there.
The Edge depth chart is elite, the DTs are good enough to handle run downs, they will be able to slide the versatile Edge guys inside on passing downs to create interior pass rush at the same time as outside pressure from the other stars.

BULLY season incoming. It's over on 3rd and long for the opps.

Advertisement
Back