OT: EA Sports College Football game

Watched first have of this video, he basically went thru first season.. Pretty good video, fun watch..

We lose to UF and FSU in heartbreaking fashion but make ACC title game and win, go to playoff, win first game in fiesta bowl, then play orange bowl and win at home and play texas in title game.. (I wonder how most feel about a season like this, hmm)

Martinez won RB of year.

Jeremiah Smith enters portal and commits back to miami :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Saw some of the rosters (its an early build and will change I am sure) Chris Johnson 98 speed and 98 acceleration :u5pyxda: :xvfmlqq:
He could’ve won both those games easily if he wasn’t so **** trash. He was ray charles with finding an open receiver and always dropping back **** near 15 yards every time before throwing like yoooo 😂

Advertisement

pretty decent video of guy bring the guys a national championship in two years… in year 2 Jeremiah smith transfer back to Miami and leads us to a national championship. He looks great in a canes uniform .

IMG_7679.webp

😬

Advertisement
Advertisement
Soo much content dropped today.. Liked how all the creators didnt focus on same thing.. One of my favorite aspects is custom playbook.. Gonna build the Blur O back dammit! Heard they have leach Air raid with his named plays as tribute also.

Freaks video, they got Chris Johnson jr. on it 4:15 mark (of course creator thinks he is son of that Chris Johnson lol)

Advertisement
Madden fans are not as insane as CFB fans so I think EA can just punt it every time and be fine. CFB are like a pack of mongoose that just did a bunch of cocaine.
The question is, in a few years once the initial hype for this dies down, does EA just start phoning it in like they do with Madden every year? And if they do, will another game developer pick up the ball and run with it? EA doesn’t have exclusivity rights like they do with the NFL. Maybe if CFB25 sells really well someone else will try to make a college game too.

The question is, in a few years once the initial hype for this dies down, does EA just start phoning it in like they do with Madden every year? And if they do, will another game developer pick up the ball and run with it? EA doesn’t have exclusivity rights like they do with the NFL. Maybe if CFB25 sells really well someone else will try to make a college game too.
you knew the answer before you asked.

they probably use the same engine for Madden next year tbh and then they wont change a thing for either for the next 10 years

Advertisement
you knew the answer before you asked.

they probably use the same engine for Madden next year tbh and then they wont change a thing for either for the next 10 years
We will have to wait to see. The main difference being any other company can make a college game if they want. If EA wants to keep pumping out crap ala Madden, gamers could have a second option. Exclusive contracts kill competition and force consumers to buy lesser products.

I think not having exclusivity rights is what will keep EA on their **** when it comes to CFB. They had a deal with FIFA that ran up and now are gonna come out with EA FC, and I'd bet that it's gonna be the best version of that game in a while,

We will have to wait to see. The main difference being any other company can make a college game if they want. If EA wants to keep pumping out crap ala Madden, gamers could have a second option. Exclusive contracts kill competition and force consumers to buy lesser products.

EA has a deal with the CLC which allows them to be the exclusive developer of simulation cfb games.

They originally brokered this type of deal back in 2005.

Another developer could make a college game. But, they'd have to use fictional teams, stadiums, logos, and fight songs. Who would buy that? Its sales wouldn't justify the production costs.

Unfortunately, as is the case with Madden, it's EA or no one.

The great irony in all of this is that EA doesn't make simulation games. Everyone knows that, except for the EA sycophants on places like operation sports.

I'm clinging to a sliver of hope that the NFL will reevaluate some of its exclusive deals in the wake of the Directv verdict and subsequent hit to their pockets.

However, even if they did open the license up to others, that'd be years and years down the road.

I think not having exclusivity rights is what will keep EA on their **** when it comes to CFB. They had a deal with FIFA that ran up and now are gonna come out with EA FC, and I'd bet that it's gonna be the best version of that game in a while,

EA FC has already come out. From what I've gathered, the rebrand changed little.

Advertisement
Back