Official UA Game thread

I really don't think that had anything to do it with.

1 - Bama has other guys like Trevon Diggs and Cam Sims. They bring in top players every year.
2 - It seemed like he wanted to play with Ridley more than replace him....play with his boy and learn what he can in the next year.
3 - Having a stud on the opposite side actually makes it easier as a WR because they can't always double. Look at what Stewart did this year with Ridley constantly getting doubled. There's enough balls to go around in today's fast paced passing game for 2 bigtime WRs in offenses not run-oriented.
Thing is, and I try my best not to be a homer on these things, I think Richards is better than Ridley right now. I think Jeudy would have had a field day with Richards pulling a Safety over to the other side of the field. As a defensive coordinator, I rather face Ridley/Jeudy split opposite of each other than Richards/Jeudy. Richards is simply a special talent.

Bama does have good WR talent, but no doubt Ridley is at the top there and will be the featured receiver next yr. Bama has a history of funneling #1 featured receivers into the top 10 picks of the NFL draft. Ridley will be the next in line. Jeudy, if he is the player we all expect, will follow him. They have a pipeline at Bama and I'm sure Jeudy was sold that.

As far as going to college with your buddy, sure, that makes sense on how that can play into the decision. Miami was a good opportunity for Jeudy, second to Bama.

They have 2...that's a record?. Gt has put better wrs in the league.

Richards is better than any thing they got..straight up no bias. There's a reason that midget was Tryna drop bags

This dude gogeta just spit nothing but truth. Some of these guys are so drunk on that Alabaga/SEC booty juice that they think those motherfckers invented football and have been running **** forever.

That's what dynasties do, "run **** (for what seems like) forever".

Advertisement
Jeudy's not a traitor. Teddy Bridgewater is an example of a traitor. Committed to us, then left, then talked garbage and disrespected us on our own field.

Jeudy has been respectful with his college decision, was down to us and the current college football dynasty. Chose the later. It is what it is. Nevertheless, still respect the kid's talent.

Keep in mind he will be behind Ridley for 1 yr before he is featured as the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] receiver. Here, he would be behind Richards for 2 yrs. Have to believe this was also part of his decision making. Pope, on the other hand, will have a 1 yr buffer here and not at Bama.

1 - Bama has other guys like Trevon Diggs and Cam Sims. They bring in top players every year.
2 - It seemed like he wanted to play with Ridley more than replace him....play with his boy and learn what he can in the next year.
3 - Having a stud on the opposite side actually makes it easier as a WR because they can't always double. Look at what Stewart did this year with Ridley constantly getting doubled. There's enough balls to go around in today's fast paced passing game for 2 bigtime WRs in offenses not run-oriented.
Thing is, and I try my best not to be a homer on these things, I think Richards is better than Ridley right now. I think Jeudy would have had a field day with Richards pulling a Safety over to the other side of the field. As a defensive coordinator, I rather face Ridley/Jeudy split opposite of each other than Richards/Jeudy. Richards is simply a special talent.

Bama does have good WR talent, but no doubt Ridley is at the top there and will be the featured receiver next yr. Bama has a history of funneling #1 featured receivers into the top 10 picks of the NFL draft. Ridley will be the next in line. Jeudy, if he is the player we all expect, will follow him. They have a pipeline at Bama and I'm sure Jeudy was sold that.

As far as going to college with your buddy, sure, that makes sense on how that can play into the decision. Miami was a good opportunity for Jeudy, second to Bama.

They have 2...that's a record?. Gt has put better wrs in the league.

Richards is better than any thing they got..straight up no bias. There's a reason that midget was Tryna drop bags

To clarify, Bama has a RECENT history of putting WR in FIRST 10 picks of draft, and that will continue with these two. Hopefully, Richards will get the ball rolling for us again.

Ridley not going top ten with Hurd as his QB. Doesn't matter what his pro day whatever numbers are.
there won't be any film on him for scouts.

Advertisement
Jeudy's not a traitor. Teddy Bridgewater is an example of a traitor. Committed to us, then left, then talked garbage and disrespected us on our own field.

Jeudy has been respectful with his college decision, was down to us and the current college football dynasty. Chose the later. It is what it is. Nevertheless, still respect the kid's talent.

Keep in mind he will be behind Ridley for 1 yr before he is featured as the #1 receiver. Here, he would be behind Richards for 2 yrs. Have to believe this was also part of his decision making. Pope, on the other hand, will have a 1 yr buffer here and not at Bama.

See i don't, not yet anyways. I think Richards has the potential to be better because of his size/physicality, but Ridley is much more polished as a route runner and is more sudden/explosive. The things that guy can do to defenders in space is fun to watch. Plus, he's the age of a senior already....which is why he's way ahead of the curve and was able to have 89 catches in his freshman campaign.

The way Richards is progressing though, he could make that leap in year 2. He shows flashes of being the next great Cane WR.

To your point though, i could definitely see Jeudy benefit more from Richards because he's the big deep threat WR that requires a safety, while Ridley does a lot of his damage underneath and on quick screens. He can go deep but Bama does use him in that way.
Understood. And, you know I highly value your opinion. I think Ridley's a solid and steady 22 year old player. I don't see the pop you see. I imagine him as a bigger Peter Warrick. I see good skills, but also a career 11.6 yards/catch average. Now, some will say that's a result of the offense, but Amari Cooper averaged a decent amount more and on even more volume under Kiffin.

On Richards, I see almost no wasted movement. Guy reminds me of James Lofton - just gliding and eating up space with length. He has incredible feel and makes plays on his own quite a bit. I wouldn't take Ridley as a top 15 pick, but I see Richards trending in that direction.

By the time Jeudy (who was the basis of this convo) would get to play with either, so this Spring, I take Richards over Ridley.

As i value yours. Again, it's why i enjoy scouting and debating so much because everyone can see things differently.

I like the Warrick comparison (I thought he was awesome in college) with the way he cuts with the ball in his hand..... i just think Ridley has more speed. We'll see next year when he declares and runs for the scouts. His ypc average is low, but as you mentioned that is more about how Bama uses him. This year, he's been running a lot of quick screens and short routes from the slot. Stewart is running the deeper routes. Plus, Hurts is terrible with the deep ball, under-throwing quite a bit. Other times he doesn't show the patience to go deep and just runs. Coker was better (11.8 ypc) last year but still not as good as Blake Sims (13.8 ypc). Sims threw deep a lot, and well.

James Lofton was a little before my time so i only remember him at the end of his career in Buffalo. Richards is a glider though....once he gets moving, it looks effortless. He has great body control and tracks the deep balls incredibly well. Why i separate Ridley as being better today is strictly polish in his routes and the gazelle like burst/cuts. The move he put on Miss State last year was crazy. He does the same thing on some screens and when he gets singled up deep, nobody can stay with him. I agree that's he's not a Top15 pick right now because he's a bit slight and doesn't play big, which Richards can. But all else considered, i see him as a better college player today. I am extremely excited about Richards and can't wait to see him improve for year 2. Next year, i might change my tune on this. His ceiling is definitely higher with all his physical tools, but he's a pup.

Advertisement
SIGH....

[TWEET]814596061796896768[/TWEET]

That Traitor Garbage does not belong on a Cane board.

Jeudy is an excellent talent but this doesn't impress me. No receiver has time in game for all those shuffles and false steps.

was thinking the same thing, also, when he beat the 10th grader again not that impressed! How did he do against Southridge? Not saying I would not want him on our team, just saying that there is some hyper there! Didn't see stuff like this and that with Richards last year!

Anything new on Jeudy? Who did he beat today with a Lou "Ski Cutty" Carr SoulTrain line quadruple move?

Anything new on Jeudy? Who did he beat today with a Lou "Ski Cutty" Carr SoulTrain line quadruple move?

That kid must of slept like **** last night after he had a fresh look at what he's denying that he's truly in store for at Bama...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Currently driving up to Orlando to photograph the game. I'll be on the field. Can someone give me a quick list of guys to shoot? I'll share pics with y'all tonight. Also if anyone is supposed to commit to us today i'll try to shoot it. Thanks!

Advertisement
Currently driving up to Orlando to photograph the game. I'll be on the field. Can someone give me a quick list of guys to shoot? I'll share pics with y'all tonight. Also if anyone is supposed to commit to us today i'll try to shoot it. Thanks!

Shoot everyone not committed to Miami or a Miami lean. I'd probably do it from a distance and not post pictures of it.

When does McFarland announce

This is he list UA gave me:
Pre-game: Nathan Proctor Jr.
First break of the 2nd Quarter: Xavier McKinney
Halftime: Breon Dixon
First break of the 3rd Quarter: DeAngelo Gibbs
First break of the 4th Quarter: Markquese Bell

I'm wondering the same about McFarland

Shoot everyone not committed to Miami or a Miami lean. I'd probably do it from a distance and not post pictures of it.

Any reason not to post pics? My credential only mentions that it's prohibited to publish video within 48 hours of the event but I don't wanna get in trouble with them either haha first time working with UA.

Advertisement
Back