Official UA Game thread

Advertisement
Seems like I got to this thread late, but a quick comment on Donaldson:

How come some people think he'll immediately start at LT? I will naturally wait to see what he does on campus, but almost every time I've watched clips of him, everything great I see about him says RT or RG to start his career. His steps aren't clean yet. He's a mauler. He sometimes gets off balance kicking out. Now, those are all things that can be corrected, but if Kaaya returns, it's time to make a run. I'm not sure I'd place him at LT and pin our playoff run hopes on his ability to clean all that up as a True Freshman.

Again, maybe they'll clean it up really fast during his EE spring, but I see a mauler with an insane base and hands right now.

We'll quickly find out if Searels is a good OL coach or not.

Jerry is a traitor. He is not a Cane. He is a Bama. He helps us none. Keep his gheys play with gheys *** off the Miami Hurricane board. Weak to jock a kid that just turned his back on a program you claim to love.

Jeudy's not a traitor. Teddy Bridgewater is an example of a traitor. Committed to us, then left, then talked garbage and disrespected us on our own field.

Jeudy has been respectful with his college decision, was down to us and the current college football dynasty. Chose the later. It is what it is. Nevertheless, still respect the kid's talent.

Keep in mind he will be behind Ridley for 1 yr before he is featured as the #1 receiver. Here, he would be behind Richards for 2 yrs. Have to believe this was also part of his decision making. Pope, on the other hand, will have a 1 yr buffer here and not at Bama.

I really don't think that had anything to do it with.

1 - Bama has other guys like Trevon Diggs and Cam Sims. They bring in top players every year.
2 - It seemed like he wanted to play with Ridley more than replace him....play with his boy and learn what he can in the next year.
3 - Having a stud on the opposite side actually makes it easier as a WR because they can't always double. Look at what Stewart did this year with Ridley constantly getting doubled. There's enough balls to go around in today's fast paced passing game for 2 bigtime WRs in offenses not run-oriented.

Jerry is a traitor. He is not a Cane. He is a Bama. He helps us none. Keep his gheys play with gheys *** off the Miami Hurricane board. Weak to jock a kid that just turned his back on a program you claim to love.

Jeudy's not a traitor. Teddy Bridgewater is an example of a traitor. Committed to us, then left, then talked garbage and disrespected us on our own field.

Jeudy has been respectful with his college decision, was down to us and the current college football dynasty. Chose the later. It is what it is. Nevertheless, still respect the kid's talent.

Keep in mind he will be behind Ridley for 1 yr before he is featured as the #1 receiver. Here, he would be behind Richards for 2 yrs. Have to believe this was also part of his decision making. Pope, on the other hand, will have a 1 yr buffer here and not at Bama.

1 - Bama has other guys like Trevon Diggs and Cam Sims. They bring in top players every year.
2 - It seemed like he wanted to play with Ridley more than replace him....play with his boy and learn what he can in the next year.
3 - Having a stud on the opposite side actually makes it easier as a WR because they can't always double. Look at what Stewart did this year with Ridley constantly getting doubled. There's enough balls to go around in today's fast paced passing game for 2 bigtime WRs in offenses not run-oriented.
Thing is, and I try my best not to be a homer on these things, I think Richards is better than Ridley right now. I think Jeudy would have had a field day with Richards pulling a Safety over to the other side of the field. As a defensive coordinator, I rather face Ridley/Jeudy split opposite of each other than Richards/Jeudy. Richards is simply a special talent.

Advertisement
Richards is a top five receiver in the country already. He is an absolutely unreal talent. I am floored by how good he is. Most talented player here in 13 years by a decent margin.

They showed isiah Wilson next to
Donaldson and sheesh, Wilson is a monster. Donaldson is massive but Wilson is in the 6-7, 340+ range and solidly built. Georgia landed a good one. That UA OL of leatherwood, Donaldson and Wilson is massive.

Keep in mind he will be behind Ridley for 1 yr before he is featured as the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] receiver. Here, he would be behind Richards for 2 yrs. Have to believe this was also part of his decision making. Pope, on the other hand, will have a 1 yr buffer here and not at Bama.

Thing is, and I try my best not to be a homer on these things, I think Richards is better than Ridley right now. I think Jeudy would have had a field day with Richards pulling a Safety over to the other side of the field. As a defensive coordinator, I rather face Ridley/Jeudy split opposite of each other than Richards/Jeudy. Richards is simply a special talent.

Bama does have good WR talent, but no doubt Ridley is at the top there and will be the featured receiver next yr. Bama has a history of funneling #1 featured receivers into the top 10 picks of the NFL draft. Ridley will be the next in line. Jeudy, if he is the player we all expect, will follow him. They have a pipeline at Bama and I'm sure Jeudy was sold that.

As far as going to college with your buddy, sure, that makes sense on how that can play into the decision. Miami was a good opportunity for Jeudy, second to Bama.

Last edited:
Advertisement

See i don't, not yet anyways. I think Richards has the potential to be better because of his size/physicality, but Ridley is much more polished as a route runner and is more sudden/explosive. The things that guy can do to defenders in space is fun to watch. Plus, he's the age of a senior already....which is why he's way ahead of the curve and was able to have 89 catches in his freshman campaign.

The way Richards is progressing though, he could make that leap in year 2. He shows flashes of being the next great Cane WR.

To your point though, i could definitely see Jeudy benefit more from Richards because he's the big deep threat WR that requires a safety, while Ridley does a lot of his damage underneath and on quick screens. He can go deep but Bama does use him in that way.

See i don't, not yet anyways. I think Richards has the potential to be better because of his size/physicality, but Ridley is much more polished as a route runner and is more sudden/explosive. The things that guy can do to defenders in space is fun to watch. Plus, he's the age of a senior already....which is why he's way ahead of the curve and was able to have 89 catches in his freshman campaign.

The way Richards is progressing though, he could make that leap in year 2. He shows flashes of being the next great Cane WR.

To your point though, i could definitely see Jeudy benefit more from Richards because he's the big deep threat WR that requires a safety, while Ridley does a lot of his damage underneath and on quick screens. He can go deep but Bama does use him in that way.
Understood. And, you know I highly value your opinion. I think Ridley's a solid and steady 22 year old player. I don't see the pop you see. I imagine him as a bigger Peter Warrick. I see good skills, but also a career 11.6 yards/catch average. Now, some will say that's a result of the offense, but Amari Cooper averaged a decent amount more and on even more volume under Kiffin.

On Richards, I see almost no wasted movement. Guy reminds me of James Lofton - just gliding and eating up space with length. He has incredible feel and makes plays on his own quite a bit. I wouldn't take Ridley as a top 15 pick, but I see Richards trending in that direction.

By the time Jeudy (who was the basis of this convo) would get to play with either, so this Spring, I take Richards over Ridley.

How come some people think he'll immediately start at LT? I will naturally wait to see what he does on campus, but almost every time I've watched clips of him, everything great I see about him says RT or RG to start his career. His steps aren't clean yet. He's a mauler. He sometimes gets off balance kicking out. Now, those are all things that can be corrected, but if Kaaya returns, it's time to make a run. I'm not sure I'd place him at LT and pin our playoff run hopes on his ability to clean all that up as a True Freshman.

Again, maybe they'll clean it up really fast during his EE spring, but I see a mauler with an insane base and hands right now.

I've never considered him as a lt. Rt all the way or tg

Advertisement

Understood. And, you know I highly value your opinion. I think Ridley's a solid and steady 22 year old player. I don't see the pop you see. I imagine him as a bigger Peter Warrick. I see good skills, but also a career 11.6 yards/catch average. Now, some will say that's a result of the offense, but Amari Cooper averaged a decent amount more and on even more volume under Kiffin.

On Richards, I see almost no wasted movement. Guy reminds me of James Lofton - just gliding and eating up space with length. He has incredible feel and makes plays on his own quite a bit. I wouldn't take Ridley as a top 15 pick, but I see Richards trending in that direction.

By the time Jeudy (who was the basis of this convo) would get to play with either, so this Spring, I take Richards over Ridley.

You hear Richt say it over and over when it comes up...How natural and fluid AR's game is...Guy was born to play WR. Will leave here as one of the greats

Keep in mind he will be behind Ridley for 1 yr before he is featured as the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] receiver. Here, he would be behind Richards for 2 yrs. Have to believe this was also part of his decision making. Pope, on the other hand, will have a 1 yr buffer here and not at Bama.

Bama does have good WR talent, but no doubt Ridley is at the top there and will be the featured receiver next yr. Bama has a history of funneling #1 featured receivers into the top 10 picks of the NFL draft. Ridley will be the next in line. Jeudy, if he is the player we all expect, will follow him. They have a pipeline at Bama and I'm sure Jeudy was sold that.

As far as going to college with your buddy, sure, that makes sense on how that can play into the decision. Miami was a good opportunity for Jeudy, second to Bama.

They have 2...that's a record?. Gt has put better wrs in the league.

Richards is better than any thing they got..straight up no bias. There's a reason that midget was Tryna drop bags

We'll quickly find out if Searels is a good OL coach or not.

george brown will be our LT if he steps up and takes it.

Advertisement

They have 2...that's a record?. Gt has put better wrs in the league.

Richards is better than any thing they got..straight up no bias. There's a reason that midget was Tryna drop bags

This dude gogeta just spit nothing but truth. Some of these guys are so drunk on that Alabaga/SEC booty juice that they think those motherfckers invented football and have been running **** forever.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back