Notice of Allegations *update*

View as article
So basically, IF we are talking USC like sanctions. They will give us 2-3 yrs and loss of 30 total. But we have a great case on appeal with time served (self imposed 2 bowl AND a ACCCG) and we've already imposed 10 schollys total counting last year and this year.

IMO no more bowl bans. 15 additional schollys lost.

With the way we've handled this in comparison to USC

we skate...

JC

Advertisement
When did we impose 10 scholies? We are trying to play at 80 yes...but I never saw that we announced a self imposition of scholies for the last few seasons. Could have been done in private tho I suppose.

We didn't self impose anything relative to scholarship restrictions last year. If you sign a full class and end up with fewer than 85 because of bad roster management in past years, where's the sanction?

Advertisement
Yeah just playing at 80 doesn't mean we self imposed anything.....unless the self imposition was done by a private letter that never got out.

I think we just played at 80 to preserve future ships to help deal with the sanctions later.

Even if so... I agree with Dapper and others saying 15 schollys and no more bowl bans.

Can't see that as the NCAA pres has stated himself than our cooperation was stellar, that the COI would give us anymore than that.

The whole mess is just Stupid..

JC

i think the term is technically "post season ban", not "bowl ban". so we have had 2 post season bans, not 3 post season game bans. correct?

Advertisement
I would be shocked if it was significantly worse than time served, 2 additional years probation for a total of 5 (Golden on WQAM said that they were sort of on probation the past 3 recruiting cycles), some recruiting limitations and a loss of 10 total scholies over 3 years.

i think the term is technically "post season ban", not "bowl ban". so we have had 2 post season bans, not 3 post season game bans. correct?

The term is "Prohibition against specified competition in the sport," but when the sanction is handed out in football, the COI calls it a postseason ban. The COI will take into consideration the self imposition of a ban that took away playing in the ACC championship game, but it will still be stated as 2 postseason bans, and the sanction given will more than likely be phrased in terms of a number of "postseason bans."

I think if they impose anything stiffer than scholarship reductions with the self-imposed bans already taken, then in the future, there's no reason for anyone else to cooperate.

Yeah just playing at 80 doesn't mean we self imposed anything.....unless the self imposition was done by a private letter that never got out.

I think we just played at 80 to preserve future ships to help deal with the sanctions later.

I fully subscribe to this theory.

I think we pretty much know there will be scholarship reductions. Look at USC. Their overall cap is at 75 now. If they played at 85 last year, it could cause an "oh ****" moment. IMO, our smartest move was to play with 80.

Advertisement
Curious about the timing of all this, but happy we are finally going to get some resolution to this **** storm.

Seems like a **** of a coincidence that Carroll tweets that UM has the best compliance department in the country about two days before the NCAA is supposed to release the letter of allegations.

Probably means nothing but I have my fingers crossed.

How many tweets did Carroll have about the Compliance Department prior to a couple days ago?

Advertisement
I think if they impose anything stiffer than scholarship reductions with the self-imposed bans already taken, then in the future, there's no reason for anyone else to cooperate.

I definitely think this will play a factor. Every other college is watching how this shakes out. If the NCAA goes crazy on Miami after Miami has bent over backwards to comply with investigation, they may as well forget ever getting any amount cooperation from any school ever again. Especially if Miami gets worse than USC got when they did almost everything they could to obstruct the investigation.

The 2 had nothing to do with each other.

I'm a skeptical dude when the actions don't jive with the words, and in this case I'm not buying Carroll's attempted cover-up after the tweet. I'm not here to convince you of my opinion that the tweet is related to the NOA; it is just a hunch I have based off my read of the situation.

Advertisement
Back