Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Looking at their schedule I could see a scenario where they’re able to lean on their defense and run game to do better than 8-4. Their toughest games are going to be @ ND, @ us and Clemson. Otherwise they still have talent edges over the rest of their schedule.

They really lucked out missing NCSU this year.

Advertisement
Beat him by 1000. And Mike beat Mario by 1000 with a year 3 roster vs a year 1 roster. It’s almost like the players matter. A lot.

@DTP i really think the pendulum has almost swung too far. Mario was a questionable gameday coach, we all knew that. But the GT game, one (admittedly beyond inexcusable) decision, and now Mario is incapable of having a good football team. It’s just not in the realm of possibility. Huh??

Let’s say the “noise” on Mario this offseason is at 100. Even with the fumble, if GT just doesn’t score a TD, I think it’s at like a 50. One decision in one game doesn’t impact your credit score this much. And I’m not trying to downplay it, I said it at the time and will until I die, it was the worst coaching decision I’ve ever seen and I’ve watch a couple hundred football games a year for 30+ years. But it was one decision that backfired in the worst possible way. Public perception has swung too far off one decision, IMO. He didn’t take a knee, and he lost some games he shouldn’t, so Miami cannot be good. Ever. There’s no way they can build a program better than FSU, no matter how many elite playmakers Miami has. Because mike Norvell is the best coach on the planet even though he lost to wake forest at home and to NC State without completing a pass in Year 3 with fsu talent. Hmmmm.

how could you be so sure joe pesci GIF
There was no fumble.

Advertisement
Yea people are talking crazy re: Mario, way overrating gameday decisions. Coaching is also all the development, all the prep during the week, everything the coordinators and analysts do. And FSU homers think Norvell is an Xs and Os guru and the new helmet radios will allow him to turn DJU into Jalen Hurts.

What the podcasters who are now hyping Miami up for 2024 realized is that Miami was in striking distance last year with a lot of those Ls and statistically teams do not win when they lose the turnover battle at the rate that TVD caused, and now TVD is gone and the roster is loaded.

I wish we had more "older" posters on the board.

Because the ONGOING knock on Butch was that he was a bad gameday coach.

And JJ was a terrible "big game coach" until he finally won the championship in 1987.

Recruit. Hire good coordinators. Win games.

The "gameday coaching decisions" bull**** is just garbage.

Advertisement

And JJ was a terrible "big game coach" until he finally won the championship in 1987.

It was okay when Bad Gameday Coach Butch, beat defending NC FSU in 2000 an̈d their supposed GREAT game day Coach, and then throttled UF in the Sugar Bowl and their coach, Mr. Great gameday coach Spurrier.

It was okay when Bad Gameday Coach Butch, beat defending NC FSU in 2000 an̈d their supposed GREAT game day Coach, and then throttled UF in the Sugar Bowl and their coach, Mr. Great gameday coach Spurrier.

Agreed.

You know how I feel about Butch, but some of these younger posters don't have the awareness that both JJ and Butch were criticized for their game-coaching.

The 1992 Sugar Bowl, Spurrier called what might be the worst half (2nd) of college football I ever saw. I couldn't stand the guy, but I was in shock with his ignorance.

Agreed.

You know how I feel about Butch, but some of these younger posters don't have the awareness that both JJ and Butch were criticized for their game-coaching.
Oh, dont get me wrong. It wasn't one of Butch's strongest attributes....but he more than made up for it in other phases. MFers were talking Mad-Sh't in 97, not realizing we dressed out only 45 scholarship kids.

Advertisement

People who have never managed at a high level won’t understand. You build your team to be elite. It’s not about you…it’s about everyone else. If you have an eye for talent then you are a great manager.

eagles fans and media already dropping hints that Johnny Wilson isn’t it. In concussion protocol and it’s likely to put him further down the Chain.

Shocking…a big slow Wr with questionable hands.

Let’s see how many of the FSU opt outs actually amount to anything.

Advertisement
eagles fans and media already dropping hints that Johnny Wilson isn’t it. In concussion protocol and it’s likely to put him further down the Chain.

Shocking…a big slow Wr with questionable hands.

Let’s see how many of the FSU opt outs actually amount to anything.
I venture to say not very many.

I just realized every single kid on their starting offense except Jalen Brown is a senior? And they list 12 starters…so 11 of them are seniors?

All 5 OL starters are 5th or 6th year seniors. I thought this was supposed to be the rebuilding year? They lost every skill kid last year and everyone else this year. Ok then.

I just realized every single kid on their starting offense except Jalen Brown is a senior? And they list 12 starters…so 11 of them are seniors?

All 5 OL starters are 5th or 6th year seniors. I thought this was supposed to be the rebuilding year? They lost every skill kid last year and everyone else this year. Ok then.
They have five seniors on defense and all four of their defensive linemen could leave early. They would only return 3 out of 24 starters for 25 some how.

They’re old on the line. But they’re not the hogs. They’re gonna be good. But not elite. Our line will be better

Advertisement
Back