Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

You can’t state facts here you might get banned

😂 my bad, my bad.

Just another reason why this year is so massive. Sooooo many narratives can be put to bed in just 1 season that really set this program up to be a perennial top 10 program going forward.

Go 11-1 this year and beat the gator and fsu and watch how this **** changes.

Advertisement
😂 my bad, my bad.

Just another reason why this year is so massive. Sooooo many narratives can be put to bed in just 1 season that really set this program up to be a perennial top 10 program going forward.

Go 11-1 this year and beat the gator and fsu and watch how this **** changes.
A lot of opinion changing going on this year

Advertisement
Beat him by 1000. And Mike beat Mario by 1000 with a year 3 roster vs a year 1 roster. It’s almost like the players matter. A lot.

@DTP i really think the pendulum has almost swung too far. Mario was a questionable gameday coach, we all knew that. But the GT game, one (admittedly beyond inexcusable) decision, and now Mario is incapable of having a good football team. It’s just not in the realm of possibility. Huh??

Let’s say the “noise” on Mario this offseason is at 100. Even with the fumble, if GT just doesn’t score a TD, I think it’s at like a 50. One decision in one game doesn’t impact your credit score this much. And I’m not trying to downplay it, I said it at the time and will until I die, it was the worst coaching decision I’ve ever seen and I’ve watch a couple hundred football games a year for 30+ years. But it was one decision that backfired in the worst possible way. Public perception has swung too far off one decision, IMO. He didn’t take a knee, and he lost some games he shouldn’t, so Miami cannot be good. Ever. There’s no way they can build a program better than FSU, no matter how many elite playmakers Miami has. Because mike Norvell is the best coach on the planet even though he lost to wake forest at home and to NC State without completing a pass in Year 3 with fsu talent. Hmmmm.

how could you be so sure joe pesci GIF
They’re grabbing on to whatever they can to justify their perspective.

First it was nobody would want to come play here because we are broke and rent a stadium and we have no fans.

Now it’s “well they sign all these guys but Mario is a bad coach and they aren’t developing players, so they’ll never be good even though they’re now more talented than us”.

Next off season it will be “well, they beat us last year but that was with a one year transfer at quarterback and we know Mario can’t sign quarterbacks” or whatever desperate attempt they will make.

First it was nobody would want to come play here because we are broke and rent a stadium and we have no fans.

Now it’s “well they sign all these guys but Mario is a bad coach and they aren’t developing players, so they’ll never be good even though they’re now more talented than us”.

Next off season it will be “well, they beat us last year but that was with a one year transfer at quarterback and we know Mario can’t sign quarterbacks” or whatever desperate attempt they will make.
That one fan is pretty logical he's worried but he's holding on the "he cant gameday" line. I would be the first one worried if fsu or uf were loading up I would be as real as I can be no matter who it is. Even if I dislike tf out of them if they are doing elite things on the recruiting trail I would be one of the first people to say it.

Every coach has positives and negatives. At this point it’s fair to say that Mario isn’t going to win the game day strategist trophy. A lot of that is mitigated by the fact that Mario isn’t a coordinator so while we will likely still have clock mismanagement issues and occasional bone head decisions , it’s not going to affect the entire game the way a ****** play caller would. The whole idea being that if we build enough of a roster, we won’t have many games come down to coaching decisions.

On the opposite side is a guy who by all measures seems to be a pretty good football coach and offensive strategist in Mike Norvell. He’s a guy who gets the most out of his players. But the guy is just a dud of a recruiter. Between his general creepy *** vibe and FSU not keeping up with NIL, they’re going to be capped in the talent acquisition area every year. This dude was signing classes in the 20’s pretty much every year and it took an undefeated regular season just to give him a bump to 12th. What happens when they go 8-4 this year? Right back into the 20’s again. It’s really hard to compete with the upper echelon teams when you’re at a talent disadvantage.

A lot of FSU’s fears have come true and their fanbase is showing it. They hoped against hope that Prison Mike could break through with a top 5 class if only they could put together one great season. Well, they put together that one great season and it wasn’t enough to put them anywhere near the top 5. So now the realization has set in where they know they need to outscheme opponents because they’re always going to be less talented than the really good teams. As a Miami fan in the pre NIL era, I know that feeling more than most. Knowing that you’re never going to have the recruiting juice to keep up talent wise so just hoping against hope that they would hire really good X and O guys to keep us competitive. Unfortunately, we rarely hired good X and O guys either but this isn’t the place for that discussion

Advertisement
My coworker has been hyping up the “Noles revenge tour” since ******* January. I want them to win every game before 10/26. Just to ******* ruin that **** for them.
Stop it. You don't really mean that, do you? I understand the concept of us "ruining" their season if we give them their first loss, but I can't handle another year of our fans rooting for FSU to be undefeated until they play us.

Advertisement
My coworker has been hyping up the “Noles revenge tour” since ******* January. I want them to win every game before 10/26. Just to ******* ruin that **** for them.
***** it ... they had a "championship team" last year that beat a 7-5 Miami team by ONE score. They would have been slaughtered by Ga with Travis and their full roster. I would prefer them to go 8-4 this season, losing to Miami by 4 scores. I want their balloon to be TOTALLY busted and back to reality.

Advertisement

I was speaking even more nationally than in-state. We are never gonna give Norvell or Billy any credit. They’re not gonna give us any credit. But every program around the country is just convinced there’s no way Miami can be good, ever. Because Mario can’t win a game. I just think the pendulum has swung way too far.

I think CCDRAY27 thinks that this is 2014. About as applicable as us continuing to site the talent level and size of the players that Novell inherited in his first year.

Things change. Major improvements can and have been made on Miami's side. We have 40 new players this year. And for that matter, to be fair so does FSU.

But please, by all means continue to think that Miami has a McDonalds strength and conditioning program, is not developing its players, and has no facilities.

Beat him by 1000. And Mike beat Mario by 1000 with a year 3 roster vs a year 1 roster. It’s almost like the players matter. A lot.

@DTP i really think the pendulum has almost swung too far. Mario was a questionable gameday coach, we all knew that. But the GT game, one (admittedly beyond inexcusable) decision, and now Mario is incapable of having a good football team. It’s just not in the realm of possibility. Huh??

Let’s say the “noise” on Mario this offseason is at 100. Even with the fumble, if GT just doesn’t score a TD, I think it’s at like a 50. One decision in one game doesn’t impact your credit score this much. And I’m not trying to downplay it, I said it at the time and will until I die, it was the worst coaching decision I’ve ever seen and I’ve watch a couple hundred football games a year for 30+ years. But it was one decision that backfired in the worst possible way. Public perception has swung too far off one decision, IMO. He didn’t take a knee, and he lost some games he shouldn’t, so Miami cannot be good. Ever. There’s no way they can build a program better than FSU, no matter how many elite playmakers Miami has. Because mike Norvell is the best coach on the planet even though he lost to wake forest at home and to NC State without completing a pass in Year 3 with fsu talent. Hmmmm.

how could you be so sure joe pesci GIF
Yea people are talking crazy re: Mario, way overrating gameday decisions. Coaching is also all the development, all the prep during the week, everything the coordinators and analysts do. And FSU homers think Norvell is an Xs and Os guru and the new helmet radios will allow him to turn DJU into Jalen Hurts.

What the podcasters who are now hyping Miami up for 2024 realized is that Miami was in striking distance last year with a lot of those Ls and statistically teams do not win when they lose the turnover battle at the rate that TVD caused, and now TVD is gone and the roster is loaded.

Advertisement
Back