Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Regarding the Bryce smoke, I didn’t expect Nole tears to be as good as they are right now but good lord are they sweet. Their board is defeatist mode.

queue reaction s GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Their entire schtick is that Mario is the worst P4 coach out there and that talent advantages matter everywhere except Miami.

They talk about Mike being a great gameday coach, despite the fact that he’s had the talent advantage against almost everyone he’s played the past two years. They also had a bunch of close calls over those two years, and lost to every ranked team they played in 2022. That NCST game was as bad as it gets, they lost a lead to a team that was one dimensional on offense most of the game. He was also dreadful his first two years and blew many winnable games because of terrible coaching decisions.

One of them did make sense and say they had the talent advantage last year and it was a very close game. No such advantage this year.

I’ve said since spring that they go 8-4 this year. They skated by a lot of teams with some luck last year. They also had a tendency to go ice cold on offense for long periods last year, and that was with a way better roster on O than they have right now. Luckily for them, they had an elite defense that kept them in games even when their offense disappeared. Their D will be good this year, but not at the level of last year’s team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Their entire schtick is that Mario is the worst P4 coach out there and that talent advantages matter everywhere except Miami.

They talk about Mike being a great gameday coach, despite the fact that he’s had the talent advantage against almost everyone he’s played the past two years. They also had a bunch of close calls over those two years, and lost to every ranked team they played in 2022. That NCST game was as bad as it gets, they lost a lead to a team that was one dimensional on offense most of the game. He was also dreadful his first two years and blew many winnable games because of terrible coaching decisions.

One of them did make sense and say they had the talent advantage last year and it was a very close game. No such advantage this year.

I’ve said since spring that they go 8-4 this year. They skated by a lot of teams with some luck last year. They also had a tendency to go ice cold on offense for long periods last year, and that was with a way better roster on O than they have right now.
They constantly ignore he has 2 PAC 12 titles and a conference title with ****** FIU plus a rose bowl and one of the most impressive road wins over the last decade+. The talent when he got here was awful and he completely flipped the room in less than 3 years to a potential playoff team. Could even argue they’d be a sleeper to make the 4 team playoff as well

Advertisement

I’ve said since spring that they go 8-4 this year. They skated by a lot of teams with some luck last year. They also had a tendency to go ice cold on offense for long periods last year, and that was with a way better roster on O than they have right now. Luckily for them, they had an elite defense that kept them in games even when their offense disappeared. Their D will be good this year, but not at the level of last year’s team.
2-3 of those losses for Mario were over the last 2 seasons with the horrible roster Manny left for him. lol at some of the other coaches including Norvell, Lane, and Franklin.

Last edited:
Manny Diaz beat Mike and he’s not an x and o genius because of a better roster.

Beat him by 1000. And Mike beat Mario by 1000 with a year 3 roster vs a year 1 roster. It’s almost like the players matter. A lot.

@DTP i really think the pendulum has almost swung too far. Mario was a questionable gameday coach, we all knew that. But the GT game, one (admittedly beyond inexcusable) decision, and now Mario is incapable of having a good football team. It’s just not in the realm of possibility. Huh??

Let’s say the “noise” on Mario this offseason is at 100. Even with the fumble, if GT just doesn’t score a TD, I think it’s at like a 50. One decision in one game doesn’t impact your credit score this much. And I’m not trying to downplay it, I said it at the time and will until I die, it was the worst coaching decision I’ve ever seen and I’ve watch a couple hundred football games a year for 30+ years. But it was one decision that backfired in the worst possible way. Public perception has swung too far off one decision, IMO. He didn’t take a knee, and he lost some games he shouldn’t, so Miami cannot be good. Ever. There’s no way they can build a program better than FSU, no matter how many elite playmakers Miami has. Because mike Norvell is the best coach on the planet even though he lost to wake forest at home and to NC State without completing a pass in Year 3 with fsu talent. Hmmmm.

how could you be so sure joe pesci GIF

Beat him by 1000. And Mike beat Mario by 1000 with a year 3 roster vs a year 1 roster. It’s almost like the players matter. A lot.

@DTP i really think the pendulum has almost swung too far. Mario was a questionable gameday coach, we all knew that. But the GT game, one (admittedly beyond inexcusable) decision, and now Mario is incapable of having a good football team. It’s just not in the realm of possibility. Huh??

Let’s say the “noise” on Mario this offseason is at 100. Even with the fumble, if GT just doesn’t score a TD, I think it’s at like a 50. One decision in one game doesn’t impact your credit score this much. And I’m not trying to downplay it, I said it at the time and will until I die, it was the worst coaching decision I’ve ever seen and I’ve watch a couple hundred football games a year for 30+ years. But it was one decision that backfired in the worst possible way. Public perception has swung too far off one decision, IMO. He didn’t take a knee, and he lost some games he shouldn’t, so Miami cannot be good. Ever. There’s no way they can build a program better than FSU, no matter how many elite playmakers Miami has. Because mike Norvell is the best coach on the planet even though he lost to wake forest at home and to NC State without completing a pass in Year 3 with fsu talent. Hmmmm.

how could you be so sure joe pesci GIF
You can’t state facts here you might get banned

Advertisement
Back