Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Stop it. You don't really mean that, do you? I understand the concept of us "ruining" their season if we give them their first loss, but I can't handle another year of our fans rooting for FSU to be undefeated until they play us.
I obviously don’t want them to win every game. But if I’m choosing between some mediocre FSU team and beating them or an undefeated top 5 FSU team and beating them, I’m choosing the latter. A win is a win but you tell me which is sweeter?

This **** again?
A lot people seem to think I’ll be actively rooting for them to win. For a year I’ve listened to my coworker say they were robbed, would’ve played UGA tough, Miami got lucky last season against FSU, the NCAA was actively against FSU, etc. It’s nauseating listening to him. So if given the choice between them going defeated or Miami bringing them to reality I’m choosing to let run the slate until then. It’s like working with the living breathing version of their 247 board.

A lot people seem to think I’ll be actively rooting for them to win. For a year I’ve listened to my coworker say they were robbed, would’ve played UGA tough, Miami got lucky last season against FSU, the NCAA was actively against FSU, etc. It’s nauseating listening to him. So if given the choice between them going defeated or Miami bringing them to reality I’m choosing to let run the slate until then. It’s like working with the living breathing version of their 247 board.
I am rooting for them to lose every game.

Advertisement
**** FSU better win 10-11 games and hope to strike gold in the portal because their starters overall are all old. Seniors everywhere ans a few jrs who I’m sure will leave.

Aside from their starters being old and mid, that chart behind them is dookie. Enormous turnover again next season will be needed through the portal.

Oh, and Mike can’t recruit nor develop recruits. Seems clear at this point. Hussey behind Brown?

Advertisement
If given the choice between FSU losing and FSU winning, you've chosen the latter.

I obviously don’t want them to win every game. But if I’m choosing between some mediocre FSU team and beating them or an undefeated top 5 FSU team and beating them, I’m choosing the latter. A win is a win but you tell me which is sweeter?
Humiliation is exponential. I want to be the team that keeps their losing streak alive.

We’ve already beaten them plenty of times in big games. We get to sit around and reminisce and those memories will never go away

A win over a hapless flailing winless FSU team would be much sweeter than beating an undefeated FSU team that will still make the playoffs and be a potential thorn in our side on the recruiting trial and portal

We’ve already beaten them plenty of times in big games. We get to sit around and reminisce and those memories will never go away

A win over a hapless flailing winless FSU team would be much sweeter than beating an undefeated FSU team that will still make the playoffs and be a potential thorn in our side on the recruiting trial and portal
I’m with you on this. I hope they are winless when they come to town. Only game I want them to win is against UF and with the way their fans have been crowing for the past year I may be rooting for a below 500 Gators team to beat them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They’re old on the line. But they’re not the hogs. They’re gonna be good. But not elite. Our line will be better
Yeah looking at their roster they are def an older team

QB: 5th year
RB 4th year
RB#2: 5th year
WR: 4th year (backed up by a 5th year Kentron Poitier)
WR 5th year (backed up by a 5th year Deuce Spann)
WR: 2nd year (Jalen Brown) (backed up by a 5th year Darion Williamson)
TE 5th year
LT: 5th year
LG: 4th year
C 5th year
RG 5th year (or a 4th year)
RT 5th year (or a 5th year)

DE 4th year
DT 4th year
DT 4tyh year
DE 3rd year (Marvin Jones)
LB 4th year
LB 5th year
Nick: 4th year
CB 5th year
Buck 4th year
FS 5th year
CB 3rd year (Az. Thomas)

So they only have 3 players are their projected starting lineup that are juniors or under. They have ELEVEN fifth year players starting. I know some of the names, they are decent, but they would need to take a good jump for them to be good as a team. As much as I want FSU's balloon to pop this year the only way I think that happens is if GT smacks them and a lot of these "older" kids realize they aint making a playoff and they focus on the draft. Next year though? That will be interesting because they will lose so much of the startling lineup from this year.

Butch much more than JJ.

I understand.

But I enrolled in August 1986. JJ was still getting slammed for the Sugar Bowl against Tennessee. By the end of the 1986 season (regardless of wins over Oklahoma and F$U) the cover of Sports Illustrated was still saying we played a crap schedule. Then we lost to Pedo State.

So even though we started 1987 strong, we had THREE consecutive seasons of weak finishes and bowl losses. JJ was under fire in 1987. 1986 had not bought JJ any real goodwill for him, if anything, it made people more anxious.

I understand.

But I enrolled in August 1986. JJ was still getting slammed for the Sugar Bowl against Tennessee. By the end of the 1986 season (regardless of wins over Oklahoma and F$U) the cover of Sports Illustrated was still saying we played a crap schedule. Then we lost to Pedo State.

So even though we started 1987 strong, we had THREE consecutive seasons of weak finishes and bowl losses. JJ was under fire in 1987. 1986 had not bought JJ any real goodwill for him, if anything, it made people more anxious.
I know I was there and I agree with you. But JJ was way better at coaching than Butch. JMO

Advertisement
Back