Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

What’s been the intel on their scrimmages? Feel like we’ve heard plenty of the lizards but not much on the holes

Outside of the THIRTEEN CONSECUTIVE INCOMPLETIONS?

1724088895329.webp

1724088981525.webp

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

1724089060799.webp

1724089663032.webp

1724089105450.webp

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

1724089190024.webp

Thats It Ricky Gervais GIF by First We Feast

1724089237442.webp

Enjoy Content GIF by Jackson

1724089333127.webp

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

1724089396710.webp

1724089423740.webp

1724089468193.webp

1724089509381.webp

Advertisement
This is an excellent point. In 2020, I believe fsu fans said both, that if Travis had started it would’ve been different, in spite of the fact that Travis was in on their opening drive and there was video of him crawling off the field on all 4’s because of our defense. They also think Mike would’ve added the 49 points that it would’ve required to even tie the game
fspoo travis.webp

We’ve already beaten them plenty of times in big games. We get to sit around and reminisce and those memories will never go away

A win over a hapless flailing winless FSU team would be much sweeter than beating an undefeated FSU team that will still make the playoffs and be a potential thorn in our side on the recruiting trial and portal
I get it. Most of those games happened before I was this invested in CFB. I’m not saying I want a good FSU team so the rivalry is better or whatever that nonsense is. More of a personal thing with my coworker. He’s had some built in excuse ever since ‘17. I want an excuse free dismantling on 10/26. My fan hood is going to win out on Saturday and I’ll be one of the biggest GT fans out there.

I wish we had more "older" posters on the board.

Because the ONGOING knock on Butch was that he was a bad gameday coach.

And JJ was a terrible "big game coach" until he finally won the championship in 1987.

Recruit. Hire good coordinators. Win games.

The "gameday coaching decisions" bull**** is just garbage.
True

I wish we had more "older" posters on the board.

Because the ONGOING knock on Butch was that he was a bad gameday coach.

And JJ was a terrible "big game coach" until he finally won the championship in 1987.

Recruit. Hire good coordinators. Win games.

The "gameday coaching decisions" bull**** is just garbage.
Evaluate, Recruit & Develop....Plain & simple.

Advertisement
The Pipe, Big Jimmy, Dennis the Menace, and Bring Back Butch all had their weaknesses. All had far more strengths.

I obviously don’t want them to win every game. But if I’m choosing between some mediocre FSU team and beating them or an undefeated top 5 FSU team and beating them, I’m choosing the latter. A win is a win but you tell me which is sweeter?
Fair response. For me, beating a top 5 FSU team does not make it any sweeter. I'd rather them be horrible. When I was a lot younger, I thought the same way that you do now. I wanted FSU to be good, because it made us look better when we beat a good FSU team. Many of those games in the late 80's and 90's were pretty epic. I didn't despise them like I do now. I don't think I understood that their success was actually detrimental to us.

My hatred for FSU really intensified in '97 after they humiliated us with their 26 year old qb. They really seemed to relish in demolishing our young team on probation with limited scholarship players. It didn't matter to them if we were good or bad. My hatred for FSU boiled over in 2000. We had beat an undefeated FSU team and were clearly better, but were left out of the BCS. FSU's successful season cost us a shot at the championship, so why would I ever want them to have a good season? And yes, I know we are not under the old BCS system of deciding the national championship, but any success FSU has is not good for us.

Fair response. For me, beating a top 5 FSU team does not make it any sweeter. I'd rather them be horrible. When I was a lot younger, I thought the same way that you do now. I wanted FSU to be good, because it made us look better when we beat a good FSU team. Many of those games in the late 80's and 90's were pretty epic. I didn't despise them like I do now. I don't think I understood that their success was actually detrimental to us.

My hatred for FSU really intensified in '97 after they humiliated us with their 26 year old qb. They really seemed to relish in demolishing our young team on probation with limited scholarship players. It didn't matter to them if we were good or bad. My hatred for FSU boiled over in 2000. We had beat an undefeated FSU team and were clearly better, but were left out of the BCS. FSU's successful season cost us a shot at the championship, so why would I ever want them to have a good season? And yes, I know we are not under the old BCS system of deciding the national championship, but any success FSU has is not good for us.
In 97....Thad Busby was FSUs QB...

Advertisement
Advertisement
In 97....Thad Busby was FSUs QB...
He was my OC in HS. A guy on our HS team got weeks of toes and elbows punishment for yelling at a school event in the auditorium “Don’t choke like Busby did in the Sugar Bowl.” Was hilarious. Even tho he was a Nole he was a nice guy.

Advertisement
So Busby became a HS coach? It seems like he ended up in the CFL or something after FSU. I remember he went to the Pace HS, rival of Emory Williams HS in NW FL.

Advertisement
Back