Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

College fans are crazy but there’s probably very few examples of HCs being canned when they didn’t deserve it. There’s always going to be a section of fans that want their coach fired unless they win a natty, just the nature of the business but I wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to put their family through that.

Norvell’s tenure at FSU:

Year 1- Disaster
Year 2- Disaster
Year 3- Good Season (saved his own job as his seat was pretty warm)
Year 4- Great (big extension)
Year 5- Disaster

FSU got swindled and reality is setting in. He can’t recruit at a big time level and won’t be able to replicate that portal success. I do think he’s earned the opportunity to try though (even though FSU doesn’t have a choice financially).

Year 3 - Disaster for the first half of the season (4-3), great for the second half of the season (6-0).

Advertisement
Can you imagine coming off an 13-1 season and even the year before and then the first sign of issues...3 games in nonetheless and they are already warming up the banners to fly

I mean fans are truly insane. Its why I never pursued higher levels of coaching college. Not because I didnt believe I was capable but the first sign of trouble they want you out. Yes sometimes its very warranted. But others its just a down year or an injury that one year later you can be right back on top (That is not FSU they have way bigger issues all over that roster...I'm just on a rambling tangent).

Yeah, all that, and you never thought society would progress to where a transgender would be accepted as the head coach of a div 1 program.

Advertisement
Yeah, all that, and you never thought society would progress to where a transgender would be accepted as the head coach of a div 1 program.
1726868057595.gif

Advertisement
Back