Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

College fans are crazy but there’s probably very few examples of HCs being canned when they didn’t deserve it. There’s always going to be a section of fans that want their coach fired unless they win a natty, just the nature of the business but I wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to put their family through that.

Norvell’s tenure at FSU:

Year 1- Disaster
Year 2- Disaster
Year 3- Good Season (saved his own job as his seat was pretty warm)
Year 4- Great (big extension)
Year 5- Disaster

FSU got swindled and reality is setting in. He can’t recruit at a big time level and won’t be able to replicate that portal success. I do think he’s earned the opportunity to try though (even though FSU doesn’t have a choice financially).

Year 3 - Disaster for the first half of the season (4-3), great for the second half of the season (6-0).

Advertisement
Can you imagine coming off an 13-1 season and even the year before and then the first sign of issues...3 games in nonetheless and they are already warming up the banners to fly

I mean fans are truly insane. Its why I never pursued higher levels of coaching college. Not because I didnt believe I was capable but the first sign of trouble they want you out. Yes sometimes its very warranted. But others its just a down year or an injury that one year later you can be right back on top (That is not FSU they have way bigger issues all over that roster...I'm just on a rambling tangent).

Yeah, all that, and you never thought society would progress to where a transgender would be accepted as the head coach of a div 1 program.

Advertisement
Yeah, all that, and you never thought society would progress to where a transgender would be accepted as the head coach of a div 1 program.
1726868057595.gif

College fans are crazy but there’s probably very few examples of HCs being canned when they didn’t deserve it. There’s always going to be a section of fans that want their coach fired unless they win a natty, just the nature of the business but I wouldn’t blame anyone for not wanting to put their family through that.

Norvell’s tenure at FSU:

Year 1- Disaster
Year 2- Disaster
Year 3- Good Season (saved his own job as his seat was pretty warm)
Year 4- Great (big extension)
Year 5- Disaster

FSU got swindled and reality is setting in. He can’t recruit at a big time level and won’t be able to replicate that portal success. I do think he’s earned the opportunity to try though (even though FSU doesn’t have a choice financially).
Best case scenario for us.. they won nothing significant and in return they signed a loser to a huge prohibitive contract.

Can you imagine coming off an 13-1 season and even the year before and then the first sign of issues...3 games in nonetheless and they are already warming up the banners to fly

I mean fans are truly insane. Its why I never pursued higher levels of coaching college. Not because I didnt believe I was capable but the first sign of trouble they want you out. Yes sometimes its very warranted. But others its just a down year or an injury that one year later you can be right back on top (That is not FSU they have way bigger issues all over that roster...I'm just on a rambling tangent).
this is why the smart heads did not want Manny to do well cause it would have been a mirage. Imagine him going 10-3 or some **** CIS Manny fans would of built him a statue and our Admin would of given him a lifetime deal. While everyone was saying we were being punished by the football gods it could have been a whole lot worse. He would of went 11-2 and the retards would of said win and they come to finish with the 15th ranked class, then they would say oh dont worry Manny will coach them up (like fsu fans) then the wheels would of fell off and we would really be cursed.

It was good the previous regimes failed the way they failed. Only fat Al was the one who tricked the admin cause of the "cloud" BS and the PSU stuff.

this is why the smart heads did not want Manny to do well cause it would have been a mirage. Imagine him going 10-3 or some **** CIS Manny fans would of built him a statue and our Admin would of given him a lifetime deal. While everyone was saying we were being punished by the football gods it could have been a whole lot worse. He would of went 11-2 and the retards would of said win and they come to finish with the 15th ranked class, then they would say oh dont worry Manny will coach them up (like fsu fans) then the wheels would of fell off and we would really be cursed.

It was good the previous regimes failed the way they failed. Only fat Al was the one who tricked the admin cause of the "cloud" BS and the PSU stuff.
I swear I think some of Manny's family had CIS accounts because there were a few who went hard for him on here. I mean like he could do no wrong in their eyes. The funny thing is they're not around as much, so maybe they were Manny fans more than Cane fans.

Advertisement
I swear I think some of Manny's family had CIS accounts because there were a few who went hard for him on here. I mean like he could do no wrong in their eyes. The funny thing is they're not around as much, so maybe they were Manny fans more than Cane fans.
Shannon, Golden, and Manny all had their "die hard" supporters until the very end. Manny had the most and they were more malicious and hateful in general. I think a few of them have been banned permanently.

Back to Dwins post. Manny winning in 2021 would have definitely been a mirage. Norvell is very similar to Manny. Both are hard workers, and have a lot of football knowledge. Can't dispute that. Might be really good as coordinators. They can win short term, but will never sustain and truly build a program as a head coach. They are both nerds and try to act like Joe Cool or tough guys, but they just come across weird and creepy, especially Norvell.

Its called they changed their user names, SOFT. Pause

I didn't like him cause he didn't recruit so if you cant do that whats the point in hope for a future? Even if he hired geniuses at OC and DC wtf are those coaches going to use? Cant have sustained success at the rate the true fan base wants with that type of build. That doesn't work at UM never has, our best teams had the best rosters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back