Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I believe that the University of Florida will sue F$U for copyright infringement, as The Gators locked up the phrase "too big to fail" when they recruited certain OLs and DLs, including Desmond Fatson.
Dude sucked all the oxygen from his teammates that’s why stamina be an issue with them. Pause

Advertisement
Newberg actually nails it. Love the paycheck to paycheck analogy. Fong thinks a good QB will fix everything.

Newberg comes back and correctly points out that 2024 portal was bad, bad recruiting especially at QB makes this situation more dire than what many of their fans believe. It goes way beyond not having the right QB.
It's theoretically possible that a good QB ignites a chain reaction of transfers and/or high school commits that change the entire dynamic of the team, particularly the offense.

However, that's not very likely. It's even less likely when you're staring down the barrel of a ton of turnover. That "good QB" would have to be the catalyst for about 14 additional pieces to fall. I don't see it.

Advertisement
The first 20 minutes of this show was very entertaining. This dude admits that they are in bad shape.

😂 he’s really talking about Norvell using “a couple million of his own” to get portal players this offseason because they won’t be able to convince boosters to give more after this showing. What a nut job. Gotta say, I agree with a lot of his points, but that one really got me.

Advertisement
Got this from my brother in law this weekend. I told him last year that transfer portal was masking the problems, but he didn’t want to admit it. God, it’s a good feeling.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 0
Funny you should say this. I had never heard of rio until last week. Some vendors took us out to dinner and I saw it and got it. Honestly, underwhelming. I got Stagg as well and liked it much better if that makes you feel any better.
It does, but it’s the anger of missing out. Honestly, I had a barrell bourbon finished in amburana and I found it very tasty. I like almost everything barrell puts out. Stagg is great, but I’m able to find it. See also: Weller not being available in Florida

Advertisement
Got this from my brother in law this weekend. I told him last year that transfer portal was masking the problems, but he didn’t want to admit it. God, it’s a good feeling.

Ol Miss is an interesting comparison. 19 of their starting 22 (as listed on Our Lads) are portal transfers.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 7.37.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 7.37.21 PM.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 0
One thing I keep hearing is that Norvell will clean house with the coaching staff after the season, similar to Larry Coker after losing to LSU in the bowl game. I think the only coach that NorveLLL will keep for sure is the ST coach because of their success with the kicker and punter positions. Ron Dugans, Odell Haggins and Randy Shannon seem the most likely to part ways with the program due to age and/or lack of production. I could also see DC Adam fuller being a likely candidate too because of frustration from the previous few seasons. The biggest unknown is Alex Atkins, he has long been viewed as a great recruiter and developer of talent, but the product on the field and recurring trail says otherwise today. If Norvell does indeed clean house will 2025 be that much better with 15-19 new starters and 6-7 new coaches. Whatever happens I know that Miami must hold on to Derek Nicholson and not let him go to FSU.

Advertisement
I soaked in some verbal tears on the way home from work listening to some podcasts.

They don’t know what’s going on and can’t see the bigger picture. I heard change QBs, hire a new OC, make staff changes, find new leaders, start a youth movement (with what recruits?)….the bigger picture still eludes them.

Yes.

And after a couple of years of arrogant bragging, followed by a couple of weeks of weak "we were wrong, we were misled" backtracks, they have to face reality.

It is going to take a couple of years to turn their **** around.

For instance, let's say that they really did sign a great 2024 high school recruiting class. OK, but what then? It is looking like the 2025 high school recruiting class will not nearly be as strong. So how does F$U not maroon their ONE talented HS recruiting class of the Prison Mike era? Who gives a **** (for now) about a new OC or staff changes?

What F$U would need to do FIRST is to take advantage of this one-time shift to 105 scholarships, and hit the Portal HARD for multi-year transfers. And PAY for them. And pray to God that Prison Mike's eye for Portal talent returns. Because I'm not so sure he actually has the greatest eye for Portal talent, I honestly believe he succeeded because most of the top programs were not even competing for Portal talent as hard as F$U was for the first couple years of the Portal.

****, listen to what the idiot sportswriters and podcasters try to tell you. They act like F$U was "so good" in the Portal for 2023. But that's a lie. Yes, the PLAYERS were great in 2023, but the majority of them joined F$U in the Portal class of 2022 (and Jordan Travis was even earlier, he was a Willie Taggart transfer kid). While I would not deny the impact of Keon Coleman, the bulk of F$U's best transfer players from 2023 were not one-and-dones.

Prison Mike needs to find a new crop of THOSE multi-year Portal players again. And work towards a top 2026 high school recruiting class, because he is pretty well cooked for the 2025 cycle.

And, more than anything, F$U needs to stop money-shaming all of their recruits (HS and Portal alike). No more of this "his asking price is too high" bull****. You know what happens when an undefeated 13-1 team opens up 0-3? The Suck Tax skyrockets.

Anyhow, why am I even helping out those arrogant F$U ***** with my brilliant thoughts? **** 'em. They are going to keep yapping about their corches, and while I agree that the current batch are not the greatest recruiters, I've thought that for YEARS, while F$U fans are only now realizing this fact, after being FINE with their corching staff for the past couple of years.

**** 'em.

Yes.

And after a couple of years of arrogant bragging, followed by a couple of weeks of weak "we were wrong, we were misled" backtracks, they have to face reality.

It is going to take a couple of years to turn their **** around.

For instance, let's say that they really did sign a great 2024 high school recruiting class. OK, but what then? It is looking like the 2025 high school recruiting class will not nearly be as strong. So how does F$U not maroon their ONE talented HS recruiting class of the Prison Mike era? Who gives a **** (for now) about a new OC or staff changes?

What F$U would need to do FIRST is to take advantage of this one-time shift to 105 scholarships, and hit the Portal HARD for multi-year transfers. And PAY for them. And pray to God that Prison Mike's eye for Portal talent returns. Because I'm not so sure he actually has the greatest eye for Portal talent, I honestly believe he succeeded because most of the top programs were not even competing for Portal talent as hard as F$U was for the first couple years of the Portal.

****, listen to what the idiot sportswriters and podcasters try to tell you. They act like F$U was "so good" in the Portal for 2023. But that's a lie. Yes, the PLAYERS were great in 2023, but the majority of them joined F$U in the Portal class of 2022 (and Jordan Travis was even earlier, he was a Willie Taggart transfer kid). While I would not deny the impact of Keon Coleman, the bulk of F$U's best transfer players from 2023 were not one-and-dones.

Prison Mike needs to find a new crop of THOSE multi-year Portal players again. And work towards a top 2026 high school recruiting class, because he is pretty well cooked for the 2025 cycle.

And, more than anything, F$U needs to stop money-shaming all of their recruits (HS and Portal alike). No more of this "his asking price is too high" bull****. You know what happens when an undefeated 13-1 team opens up 0-3? The Suck Tax skyrockets.

Anyhow, why am I even helping out those arrogant F$U ***** with my brilliant thoughts? **** 'em. They are going to keep yapping about their corches, and while I agree that the current batch are not the greatest recruiters, I've thought that for YEARS, while F$U fans are only now realizing this fact, after being FINE with their corching staff for the past couple of years.

**** 'em.
I think the reality is that FSU probably needs to double its NIL spend the year to right the ship. They need a portal QB next year and heavy investment now in high school players to attempt to make some late, overwhelming outbids. Or skip the portal and use most of their NIL to go after high school kids and “resign” core existing players. Consider 2025 a rebuilding year where they try to develop a new OL and get Luke up and running as their QB.

Advertisement
Back