Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Let’s get this thread back on topic

Which of the FSU commits is Mario gonna flip this year?

Charles is a secret visitor for the BBQ. Hilson is the best kid in their class imo not sure if we have any traction there

Solomon Thomas continues to have whispers

Norvell seems to be avoiding Mario at all costs
I think Thomas might flip to UF, but I would take Charles just because we need DTs in the class.

That’s because those sports don’t use a committee to determine who makes the playoffs. They have a predetermined criteria where winning your division guarantees you a playoff spot even if you’re not one of the top teams in the conference record-wise. College football didn’t have a criteria like that. It’s a double edged sword because a “deserving” team like 2023 FSU could get bypassed but it also avoids the issue of an 8-4 conference champ getting an automatic bid over a 12-1 team that lost their conference championship game.
The 12-team playoff is a hybrid of the NFL system. To your point, just win your league and you're in. Like the NFL, you are guaranteed a higher ranking in the playoff for winning your league, which I think is great because the SEC and B1G would have been biasly stacked in the top 8 positions. Also, to your point, a 12 team playoff provides the flexibility of conference runner-up teams an opportunity to be in the playoff.

Whether FSU was "deserving" or not is subjective under the old system. It's the undefeated vs. 1 loss, but I played in a better conference argument. Regardless, it was glorious watching FSU fans meltdown, which is why we are here in the NOLE Tears thread.

Last edited:
One of our surprise guests, Myron, came to our BBQ instead of going to Seminole Showcase this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_2923.webp
    IMG_2923.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2924.webp
    IMG_2924.webp
    140.8 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Ok but they lost. Wins and losses need to matter. I agree UGA, at their best, was probably the best team. Certainly one of the best 4. But the games have to matter or else why even play them?

FSU beat two SEC teams, by the way.

The four BEST teams were likely UGA, Washington, Michigan, and Texas. But Alabama beat UGA, in front of a largely UGA crowd. That has to matter.

Take the hatred aside. If this was some team we didn’t care about, y’all would feel a different type of way. If NC State went 13-0, beat LSU on a neutral, beat the gator in the swamp, beat Clemson at Clemson, beat Miami, won the ACC championship but their QB broke his leg, and they didn’t get in, y’all would be going nuts about “SEC bias” and all that ****. Just cause it happened to fsu means it was the right decision. You’re allowed to laugh at them and revel in the decision while still saying it was probably wrong.
My hatred isn’t blinding me but i understand your point. If this was TCU, I would still feel the same. FSU’s schedule was too weak for me to think they were screwed entirely compared to UGA’s. Not all W’s and L’s are treated equally to me. They beat a good LSU team but Florida was dog ****. They struggled all season with mid teams like us. You add they lost their star QB, who was arguably their biggest piece, i agree with the committee.

Either way, this is all irrelevant as with the new playoff system, it won’t happen again at this level.

Advertisement
I love these noles. Wondering whether the visit was communicated. If not, what are they gonna do? Pull his offer? Do they think they hold the power in this situation?
The fact he was one of the secret players D$ was talking about I'm going to go with it was not communicated. If it was then he would have just been on the pre-cookout list.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back