Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Was UGA better? Of course.

Were they "more worthy?". No. They lost a game at a "neutral site" (Atlanta is a **** of a lot closer to Athens vs Tuscaloosa). FSU won every game they had to play.

It's fun to laugh at FSU, of course. And if you want to say, was UGA one of the 4 best teams vs FSU being one? 10000%. But they weren't "more worthy". You can't be any more worthy than going 13-0 in a power 5 league.

But I said it about a billion times on this board and to all my fsu boys. This was the literal best possible scenario for fsu. Because if the committee put them in, they'd have gotten beat, without question. But this way, we'll never know, so they'll just be able to complain about it for the next 50 years. Again, as much fun as it is to laugh at the snub, I really wish the committee just put them in so they could lose by 21 to Michigan with their full team minus Travis and we'd have been able to put this **** to bed before it even started.
UGA lost there chance is my thing and accepted it when they lost to Bama (which was basically a playoff game). Did fsu get snubbed? Yes……but the better team with the better resume was chosen. IMO that is.

Advertisement

Were they "more worthy?". No. They lost a game at a "neutral site" (Atlanta is a **** of a lot closer to Athens vs Tuscaloosa). FSU won every game they had to play.

It's fun to laugh at FSU, of course. And if you want to say, was UGA one of the 4 best teams vs FSU being one? 10000%. But they weren't "more worthy". You can't be any more worthy than going 13-0 in a power 5 league.

But I said it about a billion times on this board and to all my fsu boys. This was the literal best possible scenario for fsu. Because if the committee put them in, they'd have gotten beat, without question. But this way, we'll never know, so they'll just be able to complain about it for the next 50 years. Again, as much fun as it is to laugh at the snub, I really wish the committee just put them in so they could lose by 21 to Michigan with their full team minus Travis and we'd have been able to put this **** to bed before it even started.
I get what you are saying, but putting them in just to prove them wrong would be a waste of a spot for a more deserving team. It’s kind of a catch 22, yea it would be fun to put them in to shut them up, but using a spot for something so petty when there are teams out there that would make a better game is wrong.

You think it would have been that close?

I get what you are saying, but putting them in just to prove them wrong would be a waste of a spot for a more deserving team. It’s kind of a catch 22, yea it would be fun to put them in to shut them up, but using a spot for something so petty when there are teams out there that would make a better game is wrong.

That's kinda what I'm saying though. They won all their games. Nobody was more deserving, except Michigan and Washington. But you're right, and is the reason that, at the end of the day, the committee did get it right. Because the idea is to get the 4 best teams. FSU clearly isn't one of the 4 best without Travis.

So it's just kinda semantics. 4 best? No, they don't get in. 4 "most deserving"? Yeah, they do get in. I genuinely believe prior history screwed them, too. If this was 10 years ago, they'd have gotten in. But the committee is obviously very aware of the fact that the majority of playoff games have been snoozers and total blowouts. So they were gonna do everything they could to make sure that didn't happen again, and in fairness, they did. Both semifinals were great games.

I just hate that the kid got hurt AND they got snubbed, because now we gotta hear this **** until the end of time. Patrick Payton said it yesterday at ACC Media Day. They're gonna think about this till they're 50 or 60. And guess what? Their ******* fans are gonna whine about it for the next 50 years too.

They were not "worthy", their offense looked like a Gattis lead offense after Travis went down

In TrumpyCan'e opinion if their offense looked halfway decent the last 2 games of the season they would have been in

Advertisement
They were not "worthy", their offense looked like a Gattis lead offense after Travis went down

In TrumpyCan'e opinion if their offense looked halfway decent the last 2 games of the season they would have been in

Play To Win New York Jets GIF

That's kinda what I'm saying though. They won all their games. Nobody was more deserving, except Michigan and Washington. But you're right, and is the reason that, at the end of the day, the committee did get it right. Because the idea is to get the 4 best teams. FSU clearly isn't one of the 4 best without Travis.

So it's just kinda semantics. 4 best? No, they don't get in. 4 "most deserving"? Yeah, they do get in. I genuinely believe prior history screwed them, too. If this was 10 years ago, they'd have gotten in. But the committee is obviously very aware of the fact that the majority of playoff games have been snoozers and total blowouts. So they were gonna do everything they could to make sure that didn't happen again, and in fairness, they did. Both semifinals were great games.

I just hate that the kid got hurt AND they got snubbed, because now we gotta hear this **** until the end of time. Patrick Payton said it yesterday at ACC Media Day. They're gonna think about this till they're 50 or 60. And guess what? Their ******* fans are gonna whine about it for the next 50 years too.
Tell them to start a support group with 2017 UCF. Every 2 or 3 years there is an undefeated team that gets left out, FSU is different that they got left out as a P5 team. Luckily we now have a 12 team playoff so this won’t happen anymore.

I think that FSU's problem was that it's "good" team wasn't available for the playoffs. Think of it this way. If the FSU plane went down and no one survived (God forbid), would FSU deserve a playoff bid? I think not. Well JT was the critical player on that team. Without him their chances against a playoff team were near 0%.

Advertisement
The whole point of the playoff committee was to pick the four best teams. Not the four “most deserving” not the four undefeated teams. The four BEST teams. Nobody outside of Tallahassee was going to say that a Travis-less FSU team was one of the four best teams in the country. They simply weren’t.

If you ask me who, out of Georgia or FSU without Travis, might have had a legit claim to being a top 4 team, it’s Georgia and there’s not even a debate.

Woah. This is pretty sad
its because they don't teach cursive anymore in grade school. my oldest son who just graduated UF magna *** laude & phi beta kappa (hates the gates) didn't have a "signature" until he was 18. whenever they asked him to print his name and sign his name on a form, he would use the same non-cursive block signature on both lines.

its because they don't teach cursive anymore in grade school. my oldest son who just graduated UF magna *** laude & phi beta kappa (hates the gates) didn't have a "signature" until he was 18. whenever they asked him to print his name and sign his name on a form, he would use the same non-cursive block signature on both lines.
They still teach cursive in elementary school at least in Dade and Broward but it’s not really used in classrooms afterwards. Kids learn it in 3rd grade but teachers don’t require they write in cursive afterwards so they mostly just forget.

The whole point of the playoff committee was to pick the four best teams. Not the four “most deserving” not the four undefeated teams. The four BEST teams. Nobody outside of Tallahassee was going to say that a Travis-less FSU team was one of the four best teams in the country. They simply weren’t.

If you ask me who, out of Georgia or FSU without Travis, might have had a legit claim to being a top 4 team, it’s Georgia and there’s not even a debate.

Yes, but the "best" team is still a problem.

For decades, I have said that "best" should not be "the hottest team on the last day of the season". The "best" team should be viewed by the entirety of the season. As much as I hate F$U, they were one of the "best" teams of 2023 and deserved to be in the Final Four.

I realize what happened after that, between injuries and opt-outs. But the entire season should count. Not just the last couple of games. And it's bull**** to sit around saying that a "more deserving team" got in over F$U. Maybe a healthier team, sure. But that healthier 1-loss team should have won all the games, but didn't.

I love seeing F$U's pain and suffering. But they should have been in the Final Four last year.

Advertisement

For decades, I have said that "best" should not be "the hottest team on the last day of the season". The "best" team should be viewed by the entirety of the season. As much as I hate F$U, they were one of the "best" teams of 2023 and deserved to be in the Final Four.

I realize what happened after that, between injuries and opt-outs. But the entire season should count. Not just the last couple of games. And it's bull**** to sit around saying that a "more deserving team" got in over F$U. Maybe a healthier team, sure. But that healthier 1-loss team should have won all the games, but didn't.

I love seeing F$U's pain and suffering. But they should have been in the Final Four last year.
No way were they one of the four best, even with a healthy JT. They should’ve lost to Clemson, Clemson kicker missed a 30yd FG. They barely survived BC and even Miami out gained them with a freshman QB. FSU was like one of those undefeated ND teams that get to the playoffs or NC, beat every team by 3 points or less and barely escape with the win. As soon as they played an elite team it was a blowout, see 2012 season.

I think that FSU's problem was that its "good" team wasn't available for the playoffs. Think of it this way. If the FSU plane went down and no one survived (God forbid), would FSU deserve a playoff bid? I think not. Well JT was the critical player on that team. Without him their chances against a playoff team were near 0%.
With him vs UGA they lose by just 50

No way were they one of the four best, even with a healthy JT. They should’ve lost to Clemson, Clemson kicker missed a 30yd FG. They barely survived BC and even Miami out gained them with a freshman QB. FSU was like one of those undefeated ND teams that get to the playoffs or NC, beat every team by 3 points or less and barely escape with the win. As soon as they played an elite team it was a blowout, see 2012 season.

They were one of the four best. Period. End of story.

1. Michigan only beat Pedo State by 9, only beat Maryland by 7, only beat Taint by 6.
2. Washington only beat Arizona by 7, only beat Oregon by 3 (and then 7 in the conference CG), only beat Arizona State by 8, only beat Stanford by 9, only beat Utah by 7, only beat Oregon State by 2, only beat Washington State by 3.
3. Texas LOST to Oklahoma, and only beat Houston by 7, only beat K-State by 3 in OT, only beat TCU by 3.
4. Alabama LOST to Texas, and only beat aTm by 6, only beat Arkansas by 3, only beat Auburn by 3, only beat UGa by 3.

I can do this all day.

Advertisement

Idk about that last part. I don’t think FSU fans mind hearing us still complaining about the pass interference call

It makes us look desperate and kinda sad which is how I think they will continue to look

Were they "deserving" sure, and if we were back in the BCS era, they would have been in. But that is exactly what the committee was/is supposed to do and why everyone hated the BCS. Take the purely computer element out of it and have people trust their own eyes.

I will say that just about ANY team that loses its starting QB is going to suffer. Especially one that was a dual threat like Travis. FSU had the opportunity to show the back-up QB was ready in two games and while they won, it was not because of QB play.

For the record, I wanted them to get in so they could get smashed and not have this excuse and cop out. But with the committee and the "best 4" supposed to be in I think they got it right.

Imagine if this was the pros, you have the Chiefs, Ravens, Cowboys, Bills and Rams all vying for 4 spots. 2 weeks before the playoff, Mahommes, or Jackson, or Allen get hurt. That team is going to suffer and I would take whatever team against the team missing the QB as would Vegas etc. I think injuries do play a part in who the "best 4" are. Take it to an extreme level, say in the championship game they lost Verse, Benson, Travis, Coleman, Fisk and Bell. There is no way they are the same team and thus not the best 4. To me injuries should play a role in selecting the best 4. No one is paying to see Blaine Gabbert, Josh Johnson, Cooper Rush, or Mitch Trubisky (back ups for the chiefs, ravens, cowboys and bills) play. The committees biggest issue was not dropping FSU right when Travis went down, they said the injury didnt matter and kept them in the top 4 until the final selection. They were simply hoping/trusting FSU would lose and they would not have this issue.

I disagree. The CFP guidelines were different in a 4 team playoff. The CFP committee's guidelines were to select the 4 "best" teams. Part of their selection process was to consider the availability of impact players. When FSU lost Travis, they were done. They had their chance to prove the committee wrong in their last regular season game and ACC championship game. They couldn't do it. The offense looked enept. They struggled against mediocre defenses. They would have struggled against any playoff team.

In a system that didn't have automatic qualifiers, subjective analysis had to take place. You had 5 conferences competing for 4 places. For years, we saw 2 SEC teams in the CFP. Nobody questioned it. The fact that FSU was undefeated in that system didn't matter. It is the strength of the wins that matters most. UGA was actually penalizes because Alabama had 1 loss going into the SEC title game. If Alabama had been undefeated, we would seen both Alabama and UGA in the CFP just like we had seen in multiple years prior. Just like we have seen 30+ win teams from inferior conferences left out of the NCAA basketball tournament, college football was no different. It was just magnified because there were only 4 slots.

Fortunately, college football has moved more towards an NFL model where winning your conference is all that matters regarless of the strengthof that conference.

They got it right by not only giving conference champions an automatic bid, but automatically receive a 1st round bye. My original fear was that they would rank all 12 teams regardless of a conference championship. This would have likely placed the B1G and SEC in the top 10 CFP slots ensuring the ACC and Big 12 an early round exit.

There will still be subjectivity in the selection process for teams 5-12. However, nobody is going to care about the 13th team that gets left out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back