Highlights New Football Facility and Parking Garage before Gables Council 12/9

I will gladly pay for the rental of a Wood Chipper!!

1670343500288.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MAPS, YO!

H = New Hecht (old Hecht - ???).
D = New ****inson Drive Parking Garage AND Dining Hall for new dorms.

IPF expanded south.
Greentree shifting west.
Cobb moving north, adjacent to Music School.

X = all Towers, front desk, and cafeteria buildings torn down, new dorms built.

View attachment 218241
The track will not be moved to the IM fields. I heard their was a proposal to move it to the Watsco parking lot, but I really doubt that happens.

If it doesn't violate the zoning for the area I can't see why they wouldn't. When they have to change the zoning that's when it gets more complicated
I was about to say the same.
Why then go for approvals if the building complies?…Unless all new construction on campus is subject to board review?

Advertisement
I was about to say the same.
Why then go for approvals if the building complies?…Unless all new construction on campus is subject to board review?

There's always a review process, even if the review formally says "yes, you have complied with all relevant rules and regulations".

For instance...if the zoning says "maximum height of 7 stories", you still have to make sure that someone doesn't construct a building where each of the 7 stories has 100 foot high ceilings.

Follow the letter and spirit of the law...and approval becomes a mere formality.

Advertisement
There's always a review process, even if the review formally says "yes, you have complied with all relevant rules and regulations".

For instance...if the zoning says "maximum height of 7 stories", you still have to make sure that someone doesn't construct a building where each of the 7 stories has 100 foot high ceilings.

Follow the letter and spirit of the law...and approval becomes a mere formality.
Zoning review for building compliance is part of the process for a typical building permit application.
No board approval is needed.

Unless I’m mistaken, this application is subject to board approval.

Nevermind, I just read the article again. The application is before the City’s “Development Review Committee”.
I looked up their responsibilities and found that it’s an overall review of building and zoning codes, fire reg’s, parking, etc.

If the architects did their jobs in planning, this is a formality and will get approved.…then on to Construction Drawings.
Unless… they are seeking relief from an ordinance, which will be part of the presentation,
then the application goes to the City Board Of Adjustment.

MAPS, YO!

H = New Hecht (old Hecht - ???).
D = New ****inson Drive Parking Garage AND Dining Hall for new dorms.

IPF expanded south.
Greentree shifting west.
Cobb moving north, adjacent to Music School.

X = all Towers, front desk, and cafeteria buildings torn down, new dorms built.

View attachment 218241
Fantastic work TOC!!

Advertisement
Back