Highlights New Football Facility and Parking Garage before Gables Council 12/9

Check out Gattis buried under the parking garage.
Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

Advertisement
Wow so this would be behind the existing IPF. Looks like Hecht would be completely demolished and replaced by this beauty. I haven't been to campus in a couple of years so trying to picture where this will go and what it will replace.
Look at the overview map. This new building will go between the IPF and the basketball facility ... the Hecht appears to remain in tact.

Advertisement
This looks amazing, I wonder what would be the timeline once it gets city approval.

2 years. It's already (pretty much) pre-approved on issues of height and square footage.

Please note, this is an internal campus building. Nowhere near any Coral Gables residents.

This should be fairly easy.

Wow so this would be behind the existing IPF. Looks like Hecht would be completely demolished and replaced by this beauty. I haven't been to campus in a couple of years so trying to picture where this will go and what it will replace.

Per the pictures, this would not impact "Old Hecht" at all (at this time). Both "New Hecht" and "****inson Parking" will go in the current Wellness Center parking lot.

2 years. It's already (pretty much) pre-approved on issues of height and square footage.

Please note, this is an internal campus building. Nowhere near any Coral Gables residents.

This should be fairly easy.
What would be an issue if anything, with getting this going

Advertisement
What would be an issue if anything, with getting this going

Formalities. Actual votes on the record. Make sure nobody is trying to slip one past the goalie.

Oh, and money. Still gotta raise some more of the cash, but per Parker, there are multiple (greater than 10) significant gifts/pledges already lined up. And a couple of them are super-significant, among the largest amounts ever pledged (on the level of the Carol Soffer gift).

Advertisement
The timeline of this dropping with the portal just opening and recruiting is wrapping up is genius,,well played .. I no recruits knew but not these portal dudes with 2-3 years left

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back