Michael Barrow For DC?

Not stupid, just not very good talent evaluators.

Wouldn't it be funny if at the end of this process Michael were to be chosen as our DC?

By the way, how are the Seahawks LBs doing?

Have a great life guys!!

If we're not very good talent evaluators, who are the teams that are trying to bring Mike in to be the DC?

Seattle LB's are doing great, therefore Mike can coordinate a college defense. Got it.

Advertisement
Did Butch Davis get a head coach chance at Miami for the first time?... He never had any previous head coaching experience before then did he? How well did that work out for Miami? Had it been up to you, well you and I know what decision you would have made right? NO OPPORTUNITY! That proves my point of the average Canes' fan football IQ!

Let me increase your football IQ...

2 x Super Bowl coordinator on staff of arguably our greatest coach > unremarkable position coach on multiple failed staffs.

Last edited:
Michael Barrow's name being mentioned for our DC in the last couple of days by several reputable sports sources.

Advertisement
Michael Barrow's name being mentioned for our DC in the last couple of days by several reputable sports sources.

Name one. Twitter doesn't seem to know about it.

Here is one.

Q&A: Discussing Miami's change from a multiple 3-4 to an aggressive 4-3 defense under Mark Richt - State of The U

Are you joking? Some hack from a fake news source asking a question about Barrow is about a thousand miles away from "Barrow's name being mentioned for our DC...by several reputable sports sources".

Here is one.

Q&A: Discussing Miami's change from a multiple 3-4 to an aggressive 4-3 defense under Mark Richt - State of The U

Are you joking? Some hack from a fake news source asking a question about Barrow is about a thousand miles away from "Barrow's name being mentioned for our DC...by several reputable sports sources".

Not the first I have seen. I do not give a **** who they will ultimately choose for I don't have a dog in this fight. You can rest assured however that the reason Richt has not filled other positions yet is that more than likely due to those coaches being either in the NFL or in CFB Bowls/Playoffs. Who is to say he may not be in the mix? Just a suggestion! Having been around the Program for many years, including many former players, even though I am not an insider, I have never heard anything negative about Michaels play nor coaching and to a man and many feel that he is ready to take the next logical step.

I love Barrow but he wasn't even a good LB coach. Insanity to even mention him for DC

Need I say more!!

Dont say anything else. Barrows LB's when he was here were underwhelming and half of them got kicked off the team. No thanks.

I dont think he was bad. He coached guys up. We had at least one good linebacker each year and at least one got drafted each year he was coach and the two who would've been good af with DP were dumb as5es. Coaches can't hold these kids hands when they aren't with them, neither can parents smh. AL golden and the U didn't give those guys a chance even tho they weren't charged with anything. Golden wanted him to keep doing that read and react BS and he wasn't with it. Anyone who almost beat NoD as5 is cool in my book.. I think could be a good DC.... with that being said, I would only take him back as linebacker coach lol

Advertisement

Here is one.

Not the first I have seen. I do not give a **** who they will ultimately choose for I don't have a dog in this fight. You can rest assured however that the reason Richt has not filled other positions yet is that more than likely due to those coaches being either in the NFL or in CFB Bowls/Playoffs. Who is to say he may not be in the mix? Just a suggestion! Having been around the Program for many years, including many former players, even though I am not an insider, I have never heard anything negative about Michaels play nor coaching and to a man and many feel that he is ready to take the next logical step.

You've been committed to trying to convince us that Barrow would be a great DC in this thread for days now. So yes, you do apparently have a dog in this fight. Once again, provide us reputable outlets with actual sources that state that Barrow's being considered for DC. If Richt's waiting for the cfb playoffs and NFL season to end, then this could be anyone. Seattle's also predicted to go to the playoffs, so Barrow's going to be coaching until mid-January. Richt's not going to wait that long.

Ok, there is obviously a bias here and I would like to know what it is...All of you are ok with Ken Dorsey coming here to be OC with no experience whatsoever. He didn't even have a career in the NFL. But you're against Barrow moving up to DC, what makes you guys think that way????
I'll wait...in my Kat Williams voice..

Once Richt has a few years under his belt, he can feel free to promote people. But for now, I would go with people who have done, and excelled at, the job already. With apologies to Dorsey and Barrow, I don't think now is the time for a first time coordinator.

Ok, there is obviously a bias here and I would like to know what it is...All of you are ok with Ken Dorsey coming here to be OC with no experience whatsoever. He didn't even have a career in the NFL. But you're against Barrow moving up to DC, what makes you guys think that way????
I'll wait...in my Kat Williams voice..
Dorsey has made a name in the NFL as a coach, which is what we are looking for. I'm not going to trash Barrow at all but suffice to say he was a much better player than an X and O coach.

Honestly comparing Dorsey to Barrow as coaches doesn't even make any sense.

Advertisement
Neither Dorsey nor Barrow has any business calling plays here next year. No more rookie coaches, no more HS corches.

Neither Dorsey nor Barrow has any business calling plays here next year. No more rookie coaches, no more HS corches.
I agree. Dorsey only makes any sense at all (still not really) because it's Richt and he will be the hands on man. Dorsey would be in a good learning spot without the burden Barrow would have. Richt has said many times the DC will be the guy. Totally different set of responsibilities.

Advertisement
I agree. Dorsey only makes any sense at all (still not really) because it's Richt and he will be the hands on man. Dorsey would be in a good learning spot without the burden Barrow would have. Richt has said many times the DC will be the guy. Totally different set of responsibilities.

This. Plus, Dorsey's been doing a decent amount of work with Cam Newton's development where he'd be able to assist Richt. But Richt's calling the plays on offense. The DC's going to have far more responsibilities next year compared to the OC.

Bingo... I feel the OC Hire could be a project cause Richt will be THE OC. .. The DC will have to be someone that can run it pretty much on his own... I think Shannon would be a better choice.. but Barrow will eventually be on that level... Given the current circumstances i think you spend the big bucks and go after the best... being careful not to bring in a personality that will cause Alpha vs Alpha tension...I think thats a lesson that Richt has already experienced with Pruitt. .. I'm gonna take Shaq's position on this one and say whom ever Richt hires is going to be the right choice

It's so funny folks were talking bout how good barrow was when he had Eddie and DP thumpin nigg4s! Eddie effed up n then FAT AL had them reading and reacting and not using natural instincts. Any coach would look ****ty in Foldens weefence lmao

Give Barrow a couple more years in Seattle then bring him back as linebackers coach. He is learning defence in Seattle. The DC has to be a proven DC coach. Aranda, Chizik, Pruitt and Leavitt. One of these four would be a good choice.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back