Michael Barrow For DC?

Advertisement
Our DC needs to be our best and most expensive assistant coach. Go get a big name for this role. On offense, I'm confident Richt will have us in a good place. With him calling the plays, I don't even care if Coley is retained. But spend money and go crazy on defensive coaches.

Advertisement
He was a great Cane and a good LB coach here. Let him have success coordinating someone else's defense and then he would be a candidate for the job here.

Advertisement
Please educate yourself a little bit better. Golden brought in very bad linebackers and players overall, and D'Onofrio ran the Defense period, not Barrow. That is why Barrow left, mostly not because his Mother was ill and needing his assistance, but because he disagreed with the crappy schemes of playing the LBs 10 yards behind the line. How have our linebackers performed since Barrow left? S...TY.

This is the ignorance that unfortunately drive most of, I'm ashamed to say, Cane fans!

I agree with all that Golden stuff and always thought Mike left because of it. I love Mike, but I wasn't impressed with our LB play before Golden got here either. Sean came in excellent but did not improve much-- still he left excellent. Throw out the Golden years as measuring stick for sure, but LBs weren't that good before. Once Reed left, Randy's defense got weaker and weaker. Now if we want jump start a dude, maybe Ed Reed is who we should be looking at.

That said, Mark might bring Mike back. Both are good men of God. We just need to introduce both of them to St. Michael the Archangel -- he can remind them that kicking a little rear is okay with The Big Man. At this point it doesn't matter, Mark will pick his own staff.

Ed Reed has also got my vote as DB's coach.

You seem like a very knowledgeable football man and I respect that. In my opinion, we have not had great linebackers at the U for quite sometime. How many are in the NFL now? Sean Spence was a good one but he did not have a very good supporting cast around him to help him flourish at the U. As I recall, Sean always had the highest regard for Barrow.

We have not recruited great players in quite sometime, specially LB's. They tend to go to FSU, Ala., OSU, etc.

Even though I've been watching the U for over 40 years, D'Onofrio is by far the worst DC I've ever seen. Dude is just a Dumb A..s.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Need I say more!!

Dont say anything else. Barrows LB's when he was here were underwhelming and half of them got kicked off the team. No thanks.

Barrow was so bad a coach Pete Carroll hired him. I don't know if Barrow is ready to be a DC, but I'd be happy if he came back in some capacity. This may be unlikely - why leave the NFL at this point in his career?

Advertisement
Yes!!!

Hire an all UM staff full of former players!!!

If a guy played at a high level then it means he can also coach at one! EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT!!!

I'm not sure some of you even understand what a coach actual does.

it seems to some all you need to qualify is, it would be cool.

How about we just forget about Richt and hire The Rock. That would be cool too.

Barrow was never the problem here, he was handcuffed, that was one of the reasons why he left

Advertisement
Back