Miami vs. USF spread

Advertisement
This will be the best offense we've faced yet. I still think we keep it over 50pts.
We don't turn the ball over and control the clock.

51-13 good guys

Perfect game to prove the culture that the guys have been talking about is truly in place.

The relevant question is "Do you believe Cristobal has changed UM's culture?" If the answer is yes, then Miami wins without breaking a sweat. If the answer is no, then UM lets USF hang around and flirt with an upset.

Bama letting USF hang around isn't indicative of USF being sneaky good. Nick Saban did two things extremely well: 1. Cheat 2. Made sure his teams rarely, if ever played down to opponents. DeBoer isn't Saban. Bama shot itself in the foot repeatedly, botched scoring opportunities, and kept giving USF extra chances with turnovers. That isn't something a Saban team did very often.

We need a clean game and a "healthy" OL
Limit negative plays and chunk plays on D
Their pass D is not very good, but if we can have a strong run game, there will be even more chunk plays in the air
Defensively, someone mentioned over pursuit earlier. Agree. Need to be disciplined, set edges and stay in our lanes. Every play will have 2 run options out of their backfield. If we keep to our responsibilities, our talent is enough to clean up quickly.
Agree, but we haven't had a strong run game against lesser opponents and that's something that bothers me a bit.

Advertisement
For sure there is a target on the canes backs. If the canes come out like they did against Florida I see no problem. The team has yet to show being rattled. This is a very different team when it comes to the spread. I don’t see a one dimensional team beating this team.

The relevant question is "Do you believe Cristobal has changed UM's culture?" If the answer is yes, then Miami wins without breaking a sweat. If the answer is no, then UM lets USF hang around and flirt with an upset.

Bama letting USF hang around isn't indicative of USF being sneaky good. Nick Saban did two things extremely well: 1. Cheat 2. Made sure his teams rarely, if ever played down to opponents. DeBoer isn't Saban. Bama shot itself in the foot repeatedly, botched scoring opportunities, and kept giving USF extra chances with turnovers. That isn't something a Saban team did very often.
Facts - but USF hung around with Bama last year when Saban was there. It was 10-3 going into the 4th....

Whispers of pundits saying this might be our toughest test this year. We are going to dominate this team Saturday, then the pundits can move the goalposts again.

It'll be over by the end of the first quarter. Take the under; Canes roll 34-7.

Advertisement
All depends on how we start.
I have seen nothing to indicate that we are slow to start. Defense has completely shut down every team we have face so far. Offense is relaxed and playing at their pace. We have trailed exactly zero minutes in games this year (Consider that we have given the opponents' offense the ball first in all three games).

You are watching CMC dispel the myth that he is not a gameday coarch in real time each weekend. I think this years' Miami Hurricanes team has earned the benefit of the doubt when asked the question "Which team will show up today?"; a testament to CMCs efforts to get his team ready to play.

I expect Cam to throw the ball all over on USF. It won't look anything like the USF/Bama game as we can throw the ball and their DB's are going to struggle. I hope the run game breaks out finally in the 1st half, taking advantage of their blitzing. They should be are best opponent yet, but that isn't saying much. They shouldn't be a threat at all. USF's QB has been a disappointment so far this season. I thought he could be a portal option, but not the way he is playing so far.

i didn't touch the ball state line because of weather (kicking myself for that one)

but this one just isnt shaping up well for USF

they have a horrid pass defense (our strength on offense) and their strength is running the ball (what I believe to be our biggest strength on D)

just think it's a big matchup problem for them and think we easily cover

Advertisement
BTW Bama had a crap OL for that game. Check the Wisc game when they were basically back to 100%.

I think USF will be basically UF. Shut the crowd up early and avoid giving them any hope late.

Last year with Saban at the helm, Bama was in a 10-3 game @ USF until they scored a last minute TD with 30 seconds left in the game

Last year with Saban at the helm, Bama was in a 10-3 game @ USF until they scored a last minute TD with 30 seconds left in the game

Bama was also coming off a loss where they got manhandled by Texas. Later in the season Bama got a scare from TAMU, which we beat like a rented mule. Bad things can happen when you play down to an opponent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Every game from here on out has a storyline:

1) @USF: In-state opponent that we don't play often. The biggest, loudest crowd that they will have at Pirate Bay all year, and they will be jacked up. Many of our fans in away attendance;
2) VT: Long-standing bad blood game with a hated opponent who will be jacked up on a Friday. First conference game (which has been a major hurdle the past few years);
3) @Cal: Long road trip across the country to play in an unfamiliar environment against an unfamiliar opponent;
4) @Ville: Many believe it's the game of the year. Road game, very hostile environment, opponent with conference aspirations, off a bye for us (which have been poor in recent years);
5) FSU: Our archrival who we have no business losing to this year, coming off what may be the biggest war of the season;
6) Duke: Facing ex-HC Manny Diaz;
7) @GT: Self-explanatory and cold weather road game;
8) WF: Senior day and pre-Thanksgiving (can't have a letdown);
9) Cuse: Senior day for them, loud dome, and post-Thanksgiving (can't have a letdown).

All of this is also going to be with a target on our back.

Agree, but we haven't had a strong run game against lesser opponents and that's something that bothers me a bit.
Time to get it rolling
And effective doesn't need to be 10 ypc. It just needs them to have to commit 7 to the box consistenly and allow play action eating up safties peaking

They also had 3 terrible turnovers where they were driving, including one very deep in the red zone.
yeah give USF credit...they were in it from a score standpoint but if you watched that game it never felt in doubt. It felt more like what actually happened....at some point Bama would tack on a few and put it away.

Advertisement
Back