Miami Flo's Predictions

I don't recall that either.

He wasn't a fan of how Ward handled his recruitment at the time. He has taken ownership of being mistaken.

Yes, that’s what I recall as well. He did not like how Ward handled his hot and cold recruitment and was very skeptical about how a person like that could detrimentally influence a locker room once he committed to us. I think, all fair comments.

Advertisement
If you can make it thru Flos YouTube show you are a real one. You have the patience of job lol. I prefer dmoneys info Brian smiths info the great Larry blu info before I listen to Flo. But I respect the hustle of Flo.
I'll get criticized but Blu sucks with his recruiting info. Everyone is great and future NFL HOF players. Then when they don't pan out, he'll say they should've never been offered.

He also said recently the USF QB is who we likely bring in next season to be our QB if he enters the portal,I want to see how he does against us but there should be better options for us after Ward.
All of Flo's youtube videos are public. Please link the video where he actually said that the Miami coaching staff would be interested in bringing QB Byrum Brown from USF to Miami. I remember Flo saying that Brown is a good player and he'd love to have him. But those statements are two very different things.

I like Byrum Brown, I like Drones (VT) and I can see Air Noland jumping into the portal too, but if Quinn Ewers (junior) wants to tune up for a year before going to the NFL like Ward did, then I would imagine that Ewers will be at the top of every team's board. I'm not sure how serious the Ewers injury is, but the more Manning plays, the more interesting that situation will get.

So it looks like Toney reclassifying is the news Flo and others were referring to. With that being the case, how many more receivers are we taking?

Possibles/likely:
Moore
Wilson
Whp else?

Unlikely:
Brown
Ffrench
Myles?

Advertisement
How does the best receiver in south Florida who happens to be committed to Miami reclassifying to 2025 not classify as a big splash?
Because I have.....

2026 WRs in South Florida I have Toney behind Russell, Brady, and Petit
2025 WRs in South Florida I have Toney behind Wilson, Brown, Moore, and Mills.

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

Advertisement
So it looks like Toney reclassifying is the news Flo and others were referring to. With that being the case, how many more receivers are we taking?

Possibles/likely:
Moore
Wilson
Whp else?

Unlikely:
Brown
Ffrench
Myles?
He may reclassify but he’s going to need time to fill out. I don’t think we see him until 2026 anyway. I don’t see how this is big news. He’s been on board for a minute.

Why does this classify as a big splash?

There are many on this board that consider him the #1 WR in SFL.

Case in point @gogeta4 👇🏽

There are many on this board that consider him the #1 WR in SFL.

Case in point @gogeta4 👇🏽

Again, I don't think Toney is trash. He's obviously very talented. But reclassifying from 26 to 25 is considered a big splash compared to:

Wilson, Brown, Wiley, Miles, flipping or Myles committing? No, I would not classify Toney reclassifying to 25 as a splash, IMO.

Advertisement
Again, I don't think Toney is trash. He's obviously very talented. But reclassifying from 26 to 25 is considered a big splash compared to:

Wilson, Brown, Wiley, Miles, flipping or Myles committing? No, I would not classify Toney reclassifying to 25 as a splash, IMO.

As you point out, it all depends on how highly you value Toney in comparison to the other WRs you mentioned. I value him very highly so I consider it a big splash. Maybe not as big as some of the others you mentioned, but only because he was already committed and in another class. To each his own though.

Advertisement

What makes all of those guys better than Toney. In your opinion then ?

If Ward keeps playing the way he is, he is raising the pay ceiling for any future elite transfer QBs. The case is being made that getting the right guy can turn a program around and what exactly is that worth?
If we have a great season and Cam can win the Heisman, he might lower the payout to a QB wanting to go to Miami and be the next Heisman. Mario can sell come to an offense that'll get you stats with superstars, a great offensive mind, an a defense that will get you the ball to do it again.

Advertisement
Back