MIAMI at NC STATE ( -3) 12 NOON JAN 14 ACCNX BALLY SPORTS PLUS

Advertisement
Cuse is going to be a very tough game because of their 2-3 zone. GaTech proved we can be beat against the zone.

Syracuse is a game where Pack needs to hit his 3 point shots.
Yeah it won’t be easy I think we run off 2H tho. They’re not very disciplined

Relax, I’m not pointing fingers, it just sucked that we couldn’t get a shot up that’s all I’m saying.

"It’s like they spent all that time in the timeout drawing up a play & as soon as they inbounded the ball they forgot it smh lol"

Hmm, sure seems like you're blaming someone ("they") here, but alright

Agreed, I think we finish out the month beating Cuse, FSU, Pitt & VA Tech.

The Duke game will be tough because it’s on the road @ Cameron, but they’re not the Duke of old lead by Coach K. It’s a winnable game but the Filipowski matchup for Omier will be a difficult one. We’re gonna have to make a lot of good shots to win that game.
6-2 for me was always the goal this month. That finish would be amazing. I think PITT and Duke are toss ups.

Advertisement
Something that bugs me (and this is true across most of college basketball, it's not just with Larranaga) is that it seems like we almost always automatically put someone on the bench when they pick up 2 fouls in the 1st half, as we did with Wong today. It was tied with 6:30 left in the half when he picked up his 2nd foul, and they outscored us by 10 while he was out.

If it's someone who is foul prone, like Omier, then I get it and don't have a huge problem with it, but Wong isn't someone who I am concerned about racking up fouls. And it turns out he didn't have any fouls in the 2nd half or OT, so he finished with just those two fouls. I would have liked to have seen him come back in late in the first half when things were going in NC State's favor.

We lost a good game on the road. Can our fans just accept that without pointing fingers?
We just lost 2 out of 3 ACC games and didn't look good... some bright spots at times but sloppy inconsistent and unfocused way too much, and at times just awful. There's a point at which you can't just keep saying tuff-league tuff-road-game but we are still elite/ranked/highly-seeded. Hope this is not the point yet but it feels a bit like it.

Advertisement
We just lost 2 out of 3 ACC games and didn't look good... some bright spots at times but sloppy inconsistent and unfocused way too much, and at times just awful. There's a point at which you can't just keep saying tuff-league tuff-road-game but we are still elite/ranked/highly-seeded. Hope this is not the point yet but it feels a bit like it.

We looked bad today? Yeah, our turnovers weren't great. We were +3 lost by 2 in OT.

This is easily our best loss of the season

Advertisement
In what world is that a bad loss?

Are you the same dude that said NC State was a bad team? Because since then they’re 4-0 with wins over Duke, VT, and Miami.

Their guards are legit and Burns is a problem. Please stop bi***ing for once in your life
GT was a bad loss. NC State is not, though we all know we should have taken the game.

Turnovers: Miami 17 NCState 4
Offensive Rebounds: NCState 14 Miami 3
Shots: NCState 76 Miami 51

Amazing we were still in this game given those stats.
Pretty much the hand we have been dealt this year, and anyone that didn't see it was fooling themselves.

This team needs to cut the turnovers and play better defense, and they can still be dangerous. The rebounding is most likely to almost always go against us.

That turnover margin is unGodly, especially how we know ACC officiating will NEVER do us any favors....we can't have that many in 2 games and expect to win in the long term..

Advertisement
Turnovers: Miami 17 NCState 4
Offensive Rebounds: NCState 14 Miami 3
Shots: NCState 76 Miami 51

Amazing we were still in this game given those stats.
...but but but we looked good, it wasn't a bad loss, road games and ACC are tuff, Coach L can fix, etc... what GT did FSU could do worse to us, and if we aren't at our best, they will.

Pretty much the hand we have been dealt this year, and anyone that didn't see it was fooling themselves.

This team needs to cut the turnovers and play better defense, and they can still be dangerous. The rebounding is most likely to almost always go against us.

That turnover margin is unGodly, especially how we know ACC officiating will NEVER do us any favors....we can't have that many in 2 games and expect to win in the long term..
A lot of these TOs were off of terrible calls. (Road ACC refs in general are an automatic -5) Just watched the game and came on here to see if anyone mentioned the “10 second violation” in the first half.

NC St made a shot and the 30 second clock started winding down immediately, it was probably already at 24-25 seconds when we inbounded. Pack took a couple dribbles, walking it up and it was at 18 and the ref (who wasn’t manually counting off 10 seconds like he’s supposed to) looks up and calls a 10 second violation. I was appalled and also confused that I was the only person seeing this! None of the coaches saw it either. Ended up being a difference, as one of our a million turnovers. Unacceptable, as this isn’t a judgement call it’s just incompetence.

Advertisement
Back