MIAMI at NC STATE ( -3) 12 NOON JAN 14 ACCNX BALLY SPORTS PLUS

I was as the game... we looked sloppy from the warmups... I told my son that it looked like we are going to struggle with our shooting today.

Something didn't look right. . .. almost a step slower. Maybe it was the quick turn around from Wednesday's game.

ACC refs sucked today, though we got the benefit of a few dicey calls early in the game.

Advertisement
I was as the game... we looked sloppy from the warmups... I told my son that it looked like we are going to struggle with our shooting today.

Something didn't look right. . .. almost a step slower. Maybe it was the quick turn around from Wednesday's game.

ACC refs sucked today, though we got the benefit of a few dicey calls early in the game.
Yep I was there too and thought the same. Even though they shot it at a pretty good clip, it seemed like the team was a step slow and mentally not in it, for a large portion of the game. Without that 4 minute cold streak State went on, we lose by 8-10. Can’t continue to spot teams multiple possessions in the first 20.

A lot of these TOs were off of terrible calls. (Road ACC refs in general are an automatic -5) Just watched the game and came on here to see if anyone mentioned the “10 second violation” in the first half.

NC St made a shot and the 30 second clock started winding down immediately, it was probably already at 24-25 seconds when we inbounded. Pack took a couple dribbles, walking it up and it was at 18 and the ref (who wasn’t manually counting off 10 seconds like he’s supposed to) looks up and calls a 10 second violation. I was appalled and also confused that I was the only person seeing this! None of the coaches saw it either. Ended up being a difference, as one of our a million turnovers. Unacceptable, as this isn’t a judgement call it’s just incompetence.
Agreed. Sadly we cannot control the fact that the officiating game in and game out is going to predictably go against us.

Nothing worse than knowing it was likely the difference in a W or L, but we have to cut out what TOs we can.

Agreed. Sadly we cannot control the fact that the officiating game in and game out is going to predictably go against us.

Nothing worse than knowing it was likely the difference in a W or L, but we have to cut out what TOs we can.
TOs, not the refs, killed us.

Two evenly matched teams. We beat them at our place, they returned the favor.

Advertisement
TOs, not the refs, killed us.

Two evenly matched teams. We beat them at our place, they returned the favor.
Yeah, you’re entitled to your opinion.

The simple fact is that the officiating cost us points that would have won a game we caused to be close with our turnovers.

These are simply not mutually exclusive facts.

Yeah, you’re entitled to your opinion.

The simple fact is that the officiating cost us points that would have won a game we caused to be close with our turnovers.

These are simply not mutually exclusive facts.
It's always the darn refs conspiring against us, game in and out! We'd be undefeated every season if it weren't for those Canes-hating zebras. ;)

It's always the darn refs conspiring against us, game in and out! We'd be undefeated every season if it weren't for those Canes-hating zebras. ;)
You can always take the exaggerated high ground and ignore reality. Similar to our fans that get onto old schoolers that have been around much longer and tell us how we are not real fans because we put our pom poms down for a few minutes to identify weaknesses.

The tobacco road is a real thing and the tobacco road refs are a real thing. Are they to blame for our poor rebounding, turnovers and pathetic defense most of the time? Of course not. Are they responsible for the quality of their calls or missed calls? Apparently not to you, but that is your God given right to be wrong. ;)

Advertisement
Back