MIAMI at NC STATE ( -3) 12 NOON JAN 14 ACCNX BALLY SPORTS PLUS

Advertisement
We played pretty well, got a little lucky NC State missed a bunch of shots, and lost a very tight game on the road. Nothing to hang our heads or be up in arms over.

Casey and Watson have to play more and give UM size or we are in potential trouble with the wrong matchup in the NC2A tourney.
I‘m not excusing the turnovers or poor 1st half shooting, but our lack of size is glaring against some opponents. I don’t know if the freshmen are not showing enough in practice but they are the only taller players we can use. I keep hoping that by the end of the season both will be playing more.

Casey and Watson have to play more and give UM size or we are in potential trouble with the wrong matchup in the NC2A tourney.
I‘m not excusing the turnovers or poor 1st half shooting, but our lack of size is glaring against some opponents. I don’t know if the freshmen are not showing enough in practice but they are the only taller players we can use. I keep hoping that by the end of the season both will be playing more.

I think Casey is hurt.

Advertisement
Or, there were only 12 seconds left and it's hard to get a quality shot in those circumstances
I’m saying the indecisiveness seems like they didn’t know what they were supposed to do.

If they run the play that’s called you can at least get a shot up & live or die with the result, it appeared to me that wasn’t happening & Wong just decided to take it in his own hands.

We play in a tough league against good teams, and road games in league are usually always tough. 3-0 at home UVA, N.C State, BC, 2-2 on road LVille, ND, GT, N. C. State.

Guess what we will lose more road games. I think we have trips to UNC, Duke, Clemson, UVA. We may lose all 4, or go 1-3. It's ok other teams will lose road games too.

Advertisement
They didn’t score after any of those bad calls. They scored bc nobody boxed out. And that was only after Miami missed another bad shot. Blame the complete collapse of the offense.

Baloney they took a possession away from us in the last 90 seconds with two consecutive BS calls.

But we should have won the game. Can’t blame the loss on the refs.

I’m saying the indecisiveness seems like they didn’t know what they were supposed to do.

If they run the play that’s called you can at least get a shot up & live or die with the result, it appeared to me that wasn’t happening & Wong just decided to take it in his own hands.

There were 12 seconds left and NC St was applying pressure. How much of a play do you want? It takes a few seconds just to beat the press and get the ball moving to the basket. We did that, in our best player's hands, and he couldn't make a play. It happens.

We lost a good game on the road. Can our fans just accept that without pointing fingers?

Listened to post game. Set play was a ball screen to give Wong a better look but NC State did a better job on defense.

Advertisement
Great game, great effort. Would have been a great road win. Too much dribbling by everyone when it mattered. when this team runs the offense they look fantastic and the right people get the right shots. for whatever reason at the times they want to take turns and dribble the ball into turnovers. I also don't want to hear about Joseph's 3pt FG% from anyone, he is a bad offensive player and should always be the last option. him taking a 30ft jumper in OT is insane. In crunch time your best players take the shots

Listened to post game. Set play was a ball screen to give Wong a better look but NC State did a better job on defense.
Yeah i liked the play. I would prefer we get into the action much sooner and I prefer pack to initiate it so that if the screening action is dead we still have time to kick to wong to attack off the bounce. I understand why L didn’t want the ball in pack’s hands tho.

Frustrating loss but we’ll handle cuse and I think we can run Duke off the floor.
Agreed, I think we finish out the month beating Cuse, FSU, Pitt & VA Tech.

The Duke game will be tough because it’s on the road @ Cameron, but they’re not the Duke of old lead by Coach K. It’s a winnable game but the Filipowski matchup for Omier will be a difficult one. We’re gonna have to make a lot of good shots to win that game.

Advertisement
Have to wonder how it goes if the refs don’t literally gift them back to back possessions inside 45 seconds, but judging from the rest of the game we probably would’ve turned it over ten seconds later.

You can get mad at this one or you can sit back and enjoy beating Seattle for the third time this year.

Oh wait, that’s just me.

There were 12 seconds left and NC St was applying pressure. How much of a play do you want? It takes a few seconds just to beat the press and get the ball moving to the basket. We did that, in our best player's hands, and he couldn't make a play. It happens.

We lost a good game on the road. Can our fans just accept that without pointing fingers?
Relax, I’m not pointing fingers, it just sucked that we couldn’t get a shot up that’s all I’m saying.

Agreed, I think we finish out the month beating Cuse, FSU, Pitt & VA Tech.

The Duke game will be tough because it’s on the road @ Cameron, but they’re not the Duke of old lead by Coach K. It’s a winnable game but the Filipowski matchup for Omier will be a difficult one. We’re gonna have to make a lot of good shots to win that game.
Flip will be hard to handle but outside of flip I mean it is what it is. We win every other matchup. Omier will probably be a non factor so that’ll hurt. Unless we can get flip off the floor early

Advertisement
Back