2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Nothing said in the last 24 hours has been untrue. If we get this guy, great. We’ve still gotten stuffed in the ******* locker multiple times this cycle. Twice in the last couple of days. I highly doubt this class finishes in the top 10.

And we’ll continue to get “stuffed in the locker”, as ghey as that saying is. Cause Mario is relentless and is pursuing **** near every elite athlete in the country. He’s gonna miss on a lot, cause that’s how it goes. But he’s gonna do what he’s literally ALWAYS done and croot till his **** falls off. I’ll continue betting on his history until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
In Pain GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
It is not overpaying, overbidding or anything like that.

It is a free market and we pay exactly what we have to pay to get the results we want.

Is Whole Foods more expensive than Winn Dixie. Sure. I still shop there because i like the better product. If Winn Dixie gave me 50% off I would shop there because then that becomes a better deal for me.

Does a Condo on South Beach cost more than Opa Locka sure because it is a more desirable location.

Maybe Lightfoot wanted to go to OSU but we made a deal to pay him what he needed to change his mind and come to a school with an inferior football program.

That is capitalism not over paying.
I just hope we have enough NIL money to do it with enough players to get a top 10 class

And we’ll continue to get “stuffed in the locker”, as ghey as that saying is. Cause Mario is relentless and is pursuing **** near every elite athlete in the country. He’s gonna miss on a lot, cause that’s how it goes. But he’s gonna do what he’s literally ALWAYS done and croot till his **** falls off. I’ll continue betting on his history until proven otherwise

People don't realize this either. And I'm not even a CMC slurper/diehard…He definitely is limited on gameday, and the early hires are alarming and may even make me adjust my ceiling a little lower for him

But when you are off 20 years of nothingness…NIL certainly helps, no doubt. But if you are in the top 3 for 25 of these top 150 type kids…That is a feat. And here's the kicker no one will talk about. We are going to land about 5-8 of them! (The bamas, UGAs, OSUS will land around 10-12 each until on the field stuff changes) So that means somewhere between 65-80% of the time you are going to be disappointed…And this is how they deal with it? It's never enough keyboard hate they can spew.

GROW UP

For god sake

Advertisement
It is not overpaying, overbidding or anything like that.

It is a free market and we pay exactly what we have to pay to get the results we want.

Is Whole Foods more expensive than Winn Dixie. Sure. I still shop there because i like the better product. If Winn Dixie gave me 50% off I would shop there because then that becomes a better deal for me.

Does a Condo on South Beach cost more than Opa Locka sure because it is a more desirable location.

Maybe Lightfoot wanted to go to OSU but we made a deal to pay him what he needed to change his mind and come to a school with an inferior football program.

That is capitalism not over paying.
I just hope we have enough NIL money to do it with enough players to get a top 10 class
I agree with the spirit of your post, but this is wrong. People overpay for stuff all the time.

landing the 6th best edge defender in a loaded DL high school class is a **** of a way to shut the fan base up

great job to the staff and to Jason Taylor, who is getting started off on the right foot
Or the “Lightfoot”……..amirite!!!!!!

Advertisement
Statistics say most don’t flip.

Season results will possibly impact those that are waiting for late decisions which is a smaller percentage of overall top tier kids. And of course though most don’t flip some do. Just not as many as perceived.
Thats a very short history of stats to base an argument over imo.
Especially when it’s Mario a proven elite recruiter. I wouldn’t trust any any data based off a teenager making decisions with money involved. Every situation is different. At least with all he craziness I’ve seen play out.

Theres a reason I say I don’t pay attention to this stuff until mid to late summer.

I agree with the spirit of your post, but this is wrong. People overpay for stuff all the time.
I agree. But OSU is the better football program right now. If Lightfoot wanted more money to come to Miami, and we paid it why is that overpaying? It is paying market value.

All hypothetical of course.

And we’ll continue to get “stuffed in the locker”, as ghey as that saying is. Cause Mario is relentless and is pursuing **** near every elite athlete in the country. He’s gonna miss on a lot, cause that’s how it goes. But he’s gonna do what he’s literally ALWAYS done and croot till his **** falls off. I’ll continue betting on his history until proven otherwise.
I really don’t think it’s Mario as much as the NIL game. I think the market has increased from where it was and other schools have caught up. His effort and ability as a recruiter isn’t the concern I have. There’s no way Napier is all of a sudden a better recruiter. Come on - it’s got to be money. Hopefully we are competitive on that end now by today’s market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back