2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I just rewatched this kids tape

We are getting the elite of the elites boys
It's why I was rustled about the premature death of the program and that Manny Diaz was still coaching. I felt lightfoot was elite. Chicago has history of putting a few elite defensive guys out, not large numbers but some elite kids.

Advertisement
We needed this, bad! Can’t be the only one, though. Still major work to be done.
I am not surprised at all by how sensitive our fanbase is lol. Some got a bad case of the battered women syndrome lmao. It's coo though. It brings balance for those of us who are somewhat even keeled🤙

I really don’t think it’s Mario as much as the NIL game. I think the market has increased from where it was and other schools have caught up. His effort and ability as a recruiter isn’t the concern I have. There’s no way Napier is all of a sudden a better recruiter. Come on - it’s got to be money. Hopefully we are competitive on that end now by today’s market.

Correct but it’s always been about money. You think Mario wasn’t handing out bags at Alabama? You think Phil Knight wasn’t handing out bags at Oregon? No coach is an elite recruiter when he’s broke. But Mario is a better pure recruiter than many of these dudes. If the money is comparable, I like Mario.

I really don’t think it’s Mario as much as the NIL game. I think the market has increased from where it was and other schools have caught up. His effort and ability as a recruiter isn’t the concern I have. There’s no way Napier is all of a sudden a better recruiter. Come on - it’s got to be money. Hopefully we are competitive on that end now by today’s market.
idk if his contribution has changed but ruiz has definitely taken a far step back publicly from recruiting this time around (maybe the way it should be). i think his abrupt absence leads to valid questions on if he's taken a financial step back as well

Advertisement
Mario today
1688418155255.gif

I agree. But OSU is the better football program right now. If Lightfoot wanted more money to come to Miami, and we paid it why is that overpaying? It is paying market value.

All hypothetical of course.
I agree that there is some subjectivity to the whole thing. It is hard to quantify the value of any given recruit. I also agree that we need to pay more than a team who can provide something other than monetary value.

I just think we had X number allocated for Lightfoot and ended up multiplying it by [something] because we struck out on other dudes. I think the budget got ****ed and we realized that we we need to pay a lot more than originally anticipated (budgeted).

Someone dropped the ball in budgeting or generally evaluating the big picture.

Advertisement
Thats a very short history of stats to base an argument over imo.
Especially when it’s Mario a proven elite recruiter. I wouldn’t trust any any data based off a teenager making decisions with money involved. Every situation is different. At least with all he craziness I’ve seen play out.

Theres a reason I say I don’t pay attention to this stuff until mid to late summer.
I heard what @DMoney heard that as far as miami his family didn't like the distance, the trip soured him mom.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back