Mario vs Utah Round 2

Advertisement
Uh, OK. Lane didn't lose to any teams he shouldn't lose to and you downplaying TAMU is disingenuous. TAMU beat Bama. Enough said on them. Lane was competitive with Bama to the 4th quarter. He's coaching with the 10th rated recruiting class in the SEC. Lane does more with less. Is he Perfect? **** no!!! But you know what you're going to get.

Competative?! He was down 28-0 at half...

I don't really have a preference for Lane / Mario - they're the same to me - a tier below Saban, Kirby, Riley and so on. With a elite QB like TVD - we can win with either of them.

Advertisement
OK, so why does a great recruiter have a QB like that? Ever seen Mike Leach start somebody like that in all the years he's been coaching? He's not considered a great recruiter, but he certainly prioritizes the most important position on the field. Lincoln Riley? OK, maybe that's not fair. How about Manny Diaz? He's got us TVD, Garcia and King. I just can't get past how awful what we're watching is and how it's no different from the last time they played Utah.

It’s a fair argument. But, a couple points -

- he’s not a QB evaluator. Someone is advising him
Badly.

- He has signed 3 different 4-5 star QBs. One of them is supposedly a stud and will be their QB next year but this year was a big miss.

He’s not without flaws. All of them are.

Too add, just 5 months ago the some of the brain trust on CIS swore Jim H was who he was and would’ve survive this szn, beat OSU, and damne sure wasn’t gunna be a playoff team this late in the year…a few adjustments, time to get the athletes to compete..and what do u know..

Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.

He has 8 previous games to beat OSU.

He's got a talented and physical team this year, it happens.

How about both games against Utah this year?
Fair point. Utah is a better team. **** happens. I prefer to look at the full body of work. Do you see how flat and uninspired Oregon looked at the start of this game? They believe their coach is gone. Their OC is also gone. Mario has one foot out of the door. This game means nothing in the grand scheme of things. He doesn't even want to be there. He wants to come home. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
it's quite arguably the most controversial coaching group of all time

lane - we all know his past

DC - durkin - the death at maryland
OC - jeff lebby - who was at baylor as RB coach when the art briles *** scandal happened, he was named in the documents as someone who knew and didn't speak up

wouldn't want any of them in miami
yeah and this is why I constantly say Kiffin is a flake and not a leader. thats what he hired. they are all disgusting

I’ve seen enough. Bring us Lane
I wish. Everybody with the money says Mario... We are crazy enough for Lane Kiffin to want to come here, And tell him no thanks. We are going with this guy who is .500 at FIU and Oregon in a garbage conference.... Even with a roster set up for a Lane Kiffin offense. We score atleast 35 a game next year.

You guys even watch Oregon play this year? They’ve been handcuffed by the QB all year long.

Advertisement
He’s a great offensive coach. But hearing 10-3 as an SEC coach is not what it sounds like. 80% of the SEC is dog sht.
Huh? What does that say about us? That being said, Lane would dominate the Coastal and compete with Clemson for the title. Teams would have to score 50 to beat us.

I’m mad Mario supports are mostly quite, or calling folks critical of him “children” for asking fair questions 🤦🏾‍♂️

I wish. Everybody with the money says Mario... We are crazy enough for Lane Kiffin to want to come here, And tell him no thanks. We are going with this guy who is .500 at FIU and Oregon in a garbage conference.... Even with a roster set up for a Lane Kiffin offense. We score atleast 35 a game next year.

35? If we aren't averaging 45 ppg something is wrong.

Advertisement
I'm talking about his full body of work at Oregon. I don't care what he did at FAU. And to be clear, I would love to have Lane. But since it doesn't look like we're gonna get him, I'll gladly take Mario.

It's still better than Manny IMO.

Advertisement
Back