Mario on Joe Rose

Advertisement
There are 2-3 plays over the last 3 games that have made these games much closer than they need to be.

VT - 2 Cam ward Red Zone turnovers + a fumble in their territory + a heinous holding call on a TD

Cal - Pick 6 + busted 4th down stop

Louisville - KO for TD then a fumble right after

For VT/Cal our defense helped us win the game almost as much as the offense. When we needed stops we got them. You don’t come back from being down double digits in the 4th Q without the defense rising to the occasion. Now we need our 4th Q defense to translate to Quarters 1,2 & 3
You are correct sir our defense making mediocre offenses put up season high offensive performances help us as much as Cam Ward does!

Our fans smoking some good ****.

Imagine having eyeballs and 1/4 of a brain to process what they are seeing and then saying the bolded.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation GIF by HBO Max

Have we ever actually seen Damari do anything good here? Not heard rumor, but seen it in a game? Just wanting to calibrate expectations here...

Advertisement
Is Robert Stafford just at the point where he has no understanding of the scheme? Wasn't he supposed to be one of the best athletes in the country in his class? 2 years in the same system at this point, i'd have hoped he could at least be in the rotation

You are correct sir our defense making mediocre offenses put up season high offensive performances help us as much as Cam Ward does!

Our fans smoking some good ****.

Imagine having eyeballs and 1/4 of a brain to process what they are seeing and then saying the bolded.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation GIF by HBO Max
Trust me I get how absurd it sounds. But the premise is the defense gets the stops when needed. (I wish they got more lol)

But with Cal being up 35-10 we needed several stops if we were gonna comeback and we got those stops.

VT we are down 34-24 in the 4th and we got the stops needed to come back.

We are absolutely playing sub par on D but each of the 4th Quarters we tightened up when the game was on the line.

Advertisement
Sorry we couldn't get all georgia starters as transfers........i'm sure he'll work on it for you this year.

Ok bro, in what world should this guy have been allowed to transfer here AND START? 55% of the time he was giving up receptions AT MARSHALL
IMG_9596.jpeg

Trust me I get how absurd it sounds. But the premise is the defense gets the stops when needed. (I wish they got more lol)

But with Cal being up 35-10 we needed several stops if we were gonna comeback and we got those stops.

We are absolutely playing sub par on D but each of the 4th Quarters we tightened up when the game was on the line.
we barely got out of VT alive except for brent prys awful coaching (the fake field goal, not using timeouts in the last drive).

I refuse to believe that a DC that coached Marshall into a top 10 unit cannot coach defense anymore.

On the other hand, the gimmicky defensive stuff that he tries here is just not working. He needs to stick to fundamental calls instead of calling fancy stuff.

Advertisement
Have we ever actually seen Damari do anything good here? Not heard rumor, but seen it in a game? Just wanting to calibrate expectations here...

Played Coleman pretty tough last year

And although for some mysterious (as it always is with PBUs) reason it didn't register in the stats he had a real nice PBU downfield against UF late 1Q in the opener this year.

Is Robert Stafford just at the point where he has no understanding of the scheme? Wasn't he supposed to be one of the best athletes in the country in his class? 2 years in the same system at this point, i'd have hoped he could at least be in the rotation
Greentree All American and glazed big time by the owner of this site which he does every year.

Advertisement
On the surface our fg and punt protection is good. But looking at film on kickoffs and punts, the players look undisciplined on their lane coverage and blocking. It looks like they scratch the surface on it and don’t take any time practicing it.

Semper Canes!!!
it's in the same tool box as pursuit angles, run fits, tracking and finishing tackles and we know the defense can't do that chit especially in space.

I don't think Kiko's issues are mental but physical. He isn't the sideline to sideline type and he's the one always getting caught up in the misdirection or on the wheel routes. OC's are targeting him.

I did see where Popo was subbing in for Kiko and looked good (to my untrained eye...also pause) and it gave him a breather

Harris I have no hope for.
Bingo.
Louisville threw at Kiko TEN times. T-E-N. 10. Yes they threw 51 passes, but that's still almost 20% of the targets. They completed 8 of the 10 (pardon me while I throw up) and another one should've/could've been PI. That is beyond dreadful. On top of that, his tackling has gotten worse this year. I love the guy, but he needs to ride the pine until Popo shows us he's the new #1 or not.

Harris, Richard and Hill can all take the short bus outta town in the portal. Actually, F that. They can hitchhike. Or walk.

There are 2-3 plays over the last 3 games that have made these games much closer than they need to be.

VT - 2 Cam ward Red Zone turnovers + a fumble in their territory + a heinous holding call on a TD

Cal - Pick 6 + busted 4th down stop

Louisville - KO for TD then a fumble right after

For VT/Cal our defense helped us win the game almost as much as the offense. When we needed stops we got them. You don’t come back from being down double digits in the 4th Q without the defense rising to the occasion. Now we need our 4th Q defense to translate to Quarters 1,2 & 3
Absolutely spot on.

You're right it is absurd.

Did they help by not ******* up on the last drive? Just barely. The defense does not deserve anywhere near the same amount of credit for us winning the games as the offense does. Are you insane? When medicore offenses continue to put up the most points they have scored all season by a wide margin, your defense does not automatically get credit. The #1 offense in CFB won us those games.

We won IN SPITE OF our atrocious defense.

Advertisement
Back