Mario on Joe Rose

alot of the problem is miscommunication. Harris is a mess sand it's hurting us. Kiko and Harris just play slow up the middle.
I don't think Kiko's issues are mental but physical. He isn't the sideline to sideline type and he's the one always getting caught up in the misdirection or on the wheel routes. OC's are targeting him.

I did see where Popo was subbing in for Kiko and looked good (to my untrained eye...also pause) and it gave him a breather

Harris I have no hope for.

Advertisement
Everytime I see a Damari post I cringe. The entire secondary is *** and yall keep pretending one player coming off a serious injury can fix that. We create our own monsters.

I don't think anyone sane is saying fix it, entirely. But mentioning that you're hopeful that a presumed good player (at least highly recruited and starter entering the season) can help a struggling unit isn't crazy.

Again, this isn't going to turn into the Legion of Boom. But good player (hopefully?) taking over for bad player should at least help, somewhat. I think that's all we're asking for here. Some improvement. We know we're not going to turn into the best secondary on the planet. But with how good this offense is, we don't need to be. Just be decent to kinda bad.

I don't think anyone sane is saying fix it, entirely. But mentioning that you're hopeful that a presumed good player (at least highly recruited and starter entering the season) can help a struggling unit isn't crazy.

Again, this isn't going to turn into the Legion of Boom. But good player (hopefully?) taking over for bad player should at least help, somewhat. I think that's all we're asking for here. Some improvement. We know we're not going to turn into the best secondary on the planet. But with how good this offense is, we don't need to be. Just be decent to kinda bad.
Buddy you are offering a rational thought. That is not the consensus. However I still caution you and everyone else that IF he returns, it will be after missing 2+ months of conditioning and reps. He is also an unproven player. We anticipated he would be better this year but we have nothing to use as evidence that he will be a good player currently.

Damari replacing Hill or Richard and a developing Zaquan replacing Harris can make a big difference.

Harris has so many busts per game and Hill/Richard with their bad angles and missed tackles. Just ONE extra made play a game can make a big difference. You add 4 or 5 made routine plays that prevent a 4 or 5 yard play from becoming a 20+ yard play and that adds up to a lot of yards and points per game.

I'm not saying we'll start shutting teams down but getting off the field on a 3rd down or one extra second of coverage so the DL can get home so our O gets one other possession can add up.
CAN
POTENTIALLY
MAYBE
MIGHT
HOPEFULLY
insert all other synonyms.

Advertisement
Buddy you are offering a rational thought. That is not the consensus. However I still caution you and everyone else that IF he returns, it will be after missing 2+ months of conditioning and reps. He is also an unproven player. We anticipated he would be better this year but we have nothing to use as evidence that he will be a good player currently.

Can it possibly hurt? If he doubled as a parking cone I don’t think he’d be worse than what we have so let’s get him back and see.

CAN
POTENTIALLY
MAYBE
MIGHT
HOPEFULLY
insert all other synonyms.
Yes that's correct... Some hope for improvement ..could be a minor improvement or it could be major. Nobody is saying we're going to start shutting teams down but you seem to be insinuating that Damari Brown and Zaquan Patterson can't do enough to make this defense better which most disagree with.

Advertisement
Can it possibly hurt? If he doubled as a parking cone I don’t think he’d be worse than what we have so let’s get him back and see.
I want to preface my comment that Saban recruited at a far higher clip than we have when he made the youth movement in the NC game against Georgia, but Saban actually made a change that could have sunk his team but it actually helped.

I think Mario could do the same exact thing at this point. No idea what the result would be but our back 7 can't get much worse at this point

Once again, for the 700th time, I would kill an actual human for the All-22.

I need to see wtf these kids are doing.
Bubble Boy Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Mario’s attitude this morning seemed “normal” to me. I didn’t pick up on anything that seemed out of his ordinary narrative. Joe asked him about playing the young guys more and he had his typical response.

Advertisement
I think all we can hope for is that Quan keeps getting more snaps and hopefully takes the starting job from Harris after the bye week. Then get Damari back for ACC Championship moving Porter back outside. That is about the only moves we have. I do not see them benching Kiko or Powell.

Advertisement
Yes that's correct... Some hope for improvement ..could be a minor improvement or it could be major. Nobody is saying we're going to start shutting teams down but you seem to be insinuating that Damari Brown and Zaquan Patterson can't do enough to make this defense better which most disagree with.
No I am not insinuating anything. I am stating very clearly that Damari will be rusty when he returns due to sustaining a SIGNIFICANT INJURY THAT HAS REQUIRED HIM TO MISS OVER HALF THE SEASON. I expect nothing IF he returns except people turning on him for not making things better.

And he ain’t that good either lmao would be a good option to have but thinking he fixes things is delusional
What I think many are missing is that DPJ is playing out of position in the slot because of Damari's injury. He was (at least statistically) one of the best corners in the conference last year and was playing the boundary.

Again, one injury shouldn't tell the whole story but we're handicapping ourselves by playing our best corner in a spot he's clearly not equipped to be in. Damari being healthy doesn't make our secondary even average (Harris needs to sit ASAP imo), but I do think having Porter play outside would make a marginal difference.

Advertisement
Back