Manny on Joe Rose 10/11

Advertisement
Just listened and have no issue with what he said.

You guys are lunatics. Short of Manny saying "I suck and the only way to fix this is for me to quit" you guys will complain about what he says.

-roster bloated with upper classmen and dealing with PT is difficult- facts. If guys like Bolden could make an NFL roster they would be gone. Managing PT and keeping the locker room running smoothly is a huge challenge and probably something a first time head coach would struggle with.

-tackling and leveraging issues on the defense- when your DEs are incapable of setting the edge it exposes the lack of speed at LB and you rely on the ankle tacklers crashing down from safety. You cant scheme better tackling mid season. What is Manny supposed to say- "in the off season we should have done more tackling drills and better drills- diving at the rolling doughnut doesn't seem to be paying off"

etc etc-

Manny needs to be fired, the job is too big for him. But I don't blame him for wanting to work toward fixing things.
Good post and you're right.

But is it fair to say that most of these "anti-Diaz no matter what" posts are from those of us Canes tired of eating one crap sandwich after another?

Sometimes you get fed BS for so long to where you've finally had enough.

To piggy back on this. All the things that he says are wrong are things that have always been wrong with his scheme and teaching. We always have busts on the back end due to lack of communication (we were just lucky to have Jaquan back there to be the eraser his first couple of years), we still play with zero leverage on the backside, still give up the flat for easy completions and 5 yards a pop and since Shaq has left our tackling has been awful
I’ve always said his defense needs a good/great player at every level to be successful. We haven’t had that since Willis/Shaq/Johnson

When you’ve got that trio it works great.

Advertisement
Diarrhea of the Mouth. If Manny was competing in word soup, he would have more NCs than any other corch.

What I don’t understand is that it took losing games for him to say ok, let’s look at the younger players. Being the HC of a program like Miami you should know through camp etc who can ******* play. It shouldn’t take losses to start trying to figure out your lineup. He’s lost.
It’s called desperation…

- Diaz on the adjustments he has had to make as the play-caller on defense throughout this year: “There is no scheme that can handle losing leverage of the football or handle tackling. There is no scheme that can handle a miscommunication on the back end. What we have done is we have identified what has been getting us, what the causes are, and then highlight our frustration with our inability to make big plays.”

ZERO accountability..
Accountability is hard. Takes a ton of personal discipline, effort, etc to hold you and others accountable all day long every **** day. Most people aren't cut out for managing 200 people. Diaz clearly isn't.

We've had coaches complain about too many night games and the locker room being too far from the field.

Now we have a coach complaining that having too many veterans (his guys) is causing problems...these veterans feel entitled to PT because they've been allowed to make repeated mistakes and never been penalized for it. Complete lack of accountability.

Advertisement

You guys are lunatics. Short of Manny saying "I suck and the only way to fix this is for me to quit" you guys will complain about what he says.

-roster bloated with upper classmen and dealing with PT is difficult- facts. If guys like Bolden could make an NFL roster they would be gone. Managing PT and keeping the locker room running smoothly is a huge challenge and probably something a first time head coach would struggle with.

-tackling and leveraging issues on the defense- when your DEs are incapable of setting the edge it exposes the lack of speed at LB and you rely on the ankle tacklers crashing down from safety. You cant scheme better tackling mid season. What is Manny supposed to say- "in the off season we should have done more tackling drills and better drills- diving at the rolling doughnut doesn't seem to be paying off"

etc etc-

Manny needs to be fired, the job is too big for him. But I don't blame him for wanting to work toward fixing things.
He is trying to put a band aid on a hatchet wound. Wash, rinse and repeat. This guy has fixed almost nothing in his tenure. The captain of the Titanic tried to fix things, too. He made it worse and yet the ship was still going down.

etc etc-

This is a crap take. There are other rosters out there that are bloated with upper classmen like we have right now.

It's becoming an issue now as some of the guys coming back that have been in this program for years, are still not contributing and displaying efficiency. Some of the underclassmen are already surpassing them. Manny has allowed a sense of entitlement to build up for years and he's developed a habit of playing upperclassmen, regardless of performance, which he's now recognized that he needs to try something new in playing the new kids or else he knows his path to failure is imminent.

This all goes back to Manny. He developed this culture. And now he's getting what he deserves.

This is a crap take. There are other rosters out there that are bloated with upper classmen like we have right now.

It's becoming an issue now as some of the guys coming back that have been in this program for years, are still not contributing and displaying efficiency. Some of the underclassmen are already surpassing them. Manny has allowed a sense of entitlement to build up for years and he's developed a habit of playing upperclassmen, regardless of performance, which he's now recognized that he needs to try something new in playing the new kids or else he knows his path to failure is imminent.

This all goes back to Manny. He developed this culture. And now he's getting what he deserves.
Two sayings about a veteran team. "Alright, we have a veteran team returning." Oh lord, we have a veteran team returning." Unfortunately, we have the latter.

Advertisement
ringling bros circus GIF by Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey

Don't pay attention until you see what we do v UNC. I dislike Diaz as our coach, i would rather win the Coastal and play for the ACC than we lose and he is fired as long as we look good doing it. Its not happening. This guy has sucked every enthusiasm Richt gas briefly built back after Golden took it away.

Advertisement
Two sayings about a veteran team. "Alright, we have a veteran team returning." Oh lord, we have a veteran team returning." Unfortunately, we have the latter.
Yup, I agree. The new model in having a successful team in CFB is having a team where you're constantly reloading because your players are only here for 3 years.

The problem is you keep playing those players who continue to make the same mistakes EVERY GAME! How is a head coach this blind and naive to what the issues are with this team right now? I’ve never seen a HC so lost.

- Diaz on the adjustments he has had to make as the play-caller on defense throughout this year: “There is no scheme that can handle losing leverage of the football or handle tackling. There is no scheme that can handle a miscommunication on the back end. What we have done is we have identified what has been getting us, what the causes are, and then highlight our frustration with our inability to make big plays.”

ZERO accountability..
Screen shot of what you quoted. Mannnnnn, I want to see UNC carve them up since they have identified these issues:
1633965406097.webp

Advertisement
Back