MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
[TWEET]824983124903800832[/TWEET]

Brown just liked this. Poor guy put in work for years and gets a middle finger four days before NSD.

Nobody to blame but himself. Silents are bull****. He should have never stopped recruiting the other running backs. I would show him the door. Played by an 18 year old

Yeah....recruiting is crazy and it sounds like UMD hit on a hail mary.

But I've been on here before saying I wasn't a fan of silent commits. It's BS. Count this as a learning lesson that we could afford. Any other position whether it be CB, OL, WR and we would've been screwed. We''ll be okay, but this one still stings a bit. Should've kept recruiting other RBs despite this kid telling us for months that he was going to be a Cane.

Like I said earlier, I'm a proud member of team petty. Hoping UMD never even reaches a bowl game. You need examples of kids making horrible decisions to show others not to make the same mistakes.

Here's what happens 4 years from now when Burns happens to be killing it and Mclovin has not lived up to expectations because all the big10 teams stack the box we will be saying to ourselves yea we gucci it all worked out.

Advertisement
Inexcusable for the young man to do Brown like that. Let's hope our coaches and players get back to wanting to fight for our area!

As astute posters pointed out, he wasn't going to take carries from Walton and probably wasn't going to take carries from Homer. Given that, we have options for third string running back including Choc and Burns. I'm not going to lose sleep over this.

As far as the recruitment, he must have given Coach Brown and Coach Richt strong indication that he was going to pick UM for us to not target another RB (besides Burns). If that is the case, I hope he has a miserable career.

Advertisement
Don't blame any high school kid that takes $$ or a better opportunity for their family.

****, I'd have a bidding war if I was a top notch recruit.

Sucks he didn't pick Miami, but I don't blame him if he got paid.

I'm not mad we lost him, I'm annoyed it takes a little away from all the great news we've been getting and our epic close.

kid has loser blood picking Maryland like that. just cost himself a lot of money.

Advertisement
More power to him. He's making the decision he thinks is right. He might turn out to be right.

Miami will be fine. Hopefully are fans won't tweet the kid stupid ****, but of course some will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inexcusable for the young man to do Brown like that. Let's hope our coaches and players get back to wanting to fight for our area!

18 yo don't give a **** about college coaches. Their loyalty is to their family, as it should be

Advertisement
Lol at blaming Brown for this ****

What a dumb, dumb decision by the kid if true

Don't blame any high school kid that takes $$ or a better opportunity for their family.

****, I'd have a bidding war if I was a top notch recruit.

Sucks he didn't pick Miami, but I don't blame him if he got paid.

Hes a running back. He better be worried to be surronded by savages or his career wont be long

Tracy Howard was all UF until the 11th hour because he realized he wanted to play for the hometown. Look it sucks to lose a kid like this when you expected him all along but Richt is a vet you got to have a backup plan just in case no matter how slim you think the chances are the kid flips. Dudes cry on here all the time about there is no loyalty to Miami from these SOFL kids. Does it make sense to us for him to go to Maryland over Miami? Heck no! and to most ppl it doesn't. But I cant blame the kid who wants to put on where he is from.

have to agree with this. just so happens we were really counting on hi, at a position of need but it is the nature of the game.

again imo this wasn't a position of need this year. oL WR DB were the spots we really needed help and the close on those spots are looking good

It wasn't a need position because we thought he was in. Now, looking ahead to 2017, we only have one back with actual playing experience ... and two of the three backups have injury histories (one of which is an incoming freshman). We need to hope Homer is the real deal and we avoid any injuries. With all the shots they take, RB is an injury prone position. It's a risky situation to be in.

RB is now front and center a need position for the 2018 class. It also delays us getting out of this hole we've dug of always having to recruit out of need. We're not going to realistically compete with the Bamas and OSUs etal. until we can get back to competing from depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back