MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's coming guys. Wanted to build a lil drama to save face with Maryland and act like he was truly undecided..

When the coaches ambushed him at the diner, he promised to give the decision more thought and so extended it by 48 hours (which won't actually change his decision)

I guarantee that he's a cane tomorrow

He's putting on a show now. The other day he wore a Miami sweatshirt in the am and changed into a UMD Jacket in the pm

I know you was all over McFarland decision months ago aucane... what you hearing?

Advertisement
The kid decides to take a few more days to think things over and people turn it into his dad is getting UA bags, or is in cahoots with the Maryland coaches.

I think the dad was doing right by his son. Theres nothing wrong with the kid delaying his decision. Whether he comes or not, we will be ok.

Kid has been committed silently and set on his decision for months. Then you railroad him with them begging for him to delay his commitment after he already shot the video for bleacherreport the day before his ******* announcement. Then entering the meeting he told Maryland coaches he's going to Miami and gave them no indication he'd postpone his recruitment. He only did that AFTER he talked to his father (and mom). And even more retarded is Maryland said the same thing they've been saying for months....so what changed?

This has dad taking advantage of his son for some $$$ written all over it. No parent should act this way this late in the process. I understand early on having him meet with Maryland often and even pushing him in that direction if thats what you fell is the best fit. But this late in the process after your son has been set on his decision for months to pull this **** is just ridiculous. Had this been even a month ago I really wouldn't have anything to say. But this is some ****ed up **** to do now.

I remember reading how Deon Bush's family took a bag because of some crap I can't recall.

Maryland does pay kids. (Was a GA there.) Funny, they never seem to get much for their money. Kid is making a mistake playing for a program that will lose 59-0 every time they play teams like OSU and Michigan. Their only wins will come against teams like Illinois, Indiana, and Rutgers, if that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Top247 running back Anthony McFarland Jr. plans to finally make a commitment on Friday.

It looks like that announcement will come sometime between 10 and 11 a.m. via a video on his personal Twitter account.

While Miami has long been considered the favorite to land the Dematha (Md.) Catholic product, the most recent intel as of Thursday night suggests that McFarland will likely pick Maryland.

The Hurricanes were in line to land a public commitment from McFarland on Wednesday after holding a silent pledge from him the past couple of months, but an eleventh hour meet-and-greet with Maryland's coaches on Tuesday seems to have swung things back in favor of the Terrapins.

Miami isn't comply out of the picture following offensive coordinator Thomas Brown's in-home visit with the family earlier this week, but right now multiple people think that Maryland will keep the local prospect home.

We'll see what happens on Friday, but right now it wouldn't be considered much of a surprise if McFarland isn't introduced by Mark Richt as a signee on Feb. 1's National Signing Day.

Advertisement
Ivins made this comment too.

I really don’t know where McFarland is going to go and I’m not sure anyone really does besides those inside his camp. Maryland however seems to be pretty confident hearing into tomorrow. I’m going to leave my Crystal Ball on Miami, but don’t be surprised if there’s a run on Maryland picks in the morning. Again, not saying the Hurricanes are out of this, McFarland could very well change his mind, again, but right now signs are pointing to him staying home.

I’ll add that if anyone wants some good news … Lingard favorited a couple of tweets today about Miami’s potential strong finish. He hasn’t done that in the past.

Advertisement
This kid ****ed us. He completely ****ed us. We stopped recruiting RBs because he was a silent commit and 4 days before NSD he suddenly changes his mind? Jesus.

I don't think anyone knows anything. It does make sense to think he'll pick Maryland since he pushed back the commitment, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back