MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Eh whatever I am not going to argue if someone is lying or not as that is about the dumbest thing on earth to do . I am going to take people at face value unless they give me a reason not to as to do the opposite is a horrible way to go thru life . I will say though you are total douche bag if you have don't have info and act like you do . Mind you on this board that rarely happens but it does occasionally. Regardless though I respect the people who post stuff even knowing they are going to be called a liar ect . I mean that is basic message board nosense though so we all are used to it. **** morons were giving Pete gruff when harley looked like he was set for WVU when all Pete was doing was sharing what he thought and knew.

Regardless though I hadn't seen video of Mcfarland in almost 6 months and I just got done watching his junior highlights and GOD**** MAN!! So stoked we are going to have a talent like that in back field . Walton/homer/Mcfarland is an insane trio and that doesn't even take into account Burns who might be the best of all them if he can ever get right health wise.

in last couple weeks i said

Paris Ford was unlikely because if he didnt go Pitt, he would go ND, his brothers school

EVERYONE was saying harley shouldnt visit or should not be allowed to. I provided info that
something was going on behind scenes with UM and he was apparently playing WVU

EVERYONE said CJ was all UF. i said my friend told me not only were we still in it but Bama was too.

I told people i was pretty sure Ace was macfarland and i got hammered that it was devonta
yet pete confirmed it.

Which of the above is false? None. i told the board i would tell pete who some of my sources are.

anyway, i think i will end my posting activities and just read the forum. im not dealing with this nonsense.

Maybe you're telling the truth but the way you articulate your info makes it seem like your always covering your ***. Usually these guys with true info go out on a limb. I'm not saying your lying or anything just how you put it sometimes isn't the best.

dude i try not to go out on a limb because when your dealing with 17 and 18 year olds, things can change. nothing is solid until pen hits paper.

I think the problem is you aren't actually breaking news but then you come on here puffing your chest about how you beat Pete or some other and how you were the first to report the Harley **** - which was total garbage and nothing more than a kid making a stupid *** decision, not the double agent **** you were claiming.

And again, when you aren't going out on a limb whatsoever it makes whatever you are saying worthless. We all knew Henderson was Considering UF, Bama, and Us. Petes been said that he wasn't nearly as much of a lean as people made it seem and that he wasn't jerking us around. And it definitely isn't some kind of revelation that mcfarland was "the ace" because there weren't many options. Actually there are a maximum of 3 options as to who the ace was (Holloman, Smith, and McFarland). And for every person that though it was Smith there were probably 2 that thought it was McFarland. And judging by how confident Pete was in mcfarland for months now, I'm sure he's known that for a long *** time but chose not to say.

Advertisement
100% confident he's smart enough to pick Miami.

sometimes you just wanna be close to home and there is nothing that can change that. Kid is good, but if he wants to stay home, there nothing we can do. Wish the South Florida kids would think like that.

If he wanted to be close to home Maryland wouldn't have been on the outside looking in until now when it comes to Anthony's recruitment just my opinion.

100% confident he's smart enough to pick Miami.

sometimes you just wanna be close to home and there is nothing that can change that. Kid is good, but if he wants to stay home, there nothing we can do. Wish the South Florida kids would think like that.

If he wanted to be close to home Maryland wouldn't have been on the outside looking in until now when it comes to Anthony's recruitment just my opinion.

I'll take what is the bagman for 500 Alex

Advertisement
Driving school ended early last night for Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha High School RB Anthony McFarland.
Little did he know it would become one of the longest evening's of his life.
His driving instruction wrapped up an hour early, at 8 p.m., and McFarland walked across the street to a local restaurant where his family and four Maryland coaches, including head coach DJ Durkin, were waiting.

Anthony knew what he had to do.
It wasn't going to be easy, but he wanted to do Terrapin coaches the honor of at least letting them know in person he would be a Miami Hurricane.
Throughout his recruitment the hometown coaches had thrown everything at him. Whenever there was a hint of him favoring the Canes they would call and drive to his school to make sure he knew how much he was wanted ... and needed. At one point McFarland even asked a reporter not to publicly name Miami his leader because he wanted some peace and quiet that evening.
But it was that time. He had his Cane announcement video done, it was set to be released the next day.
"He was definitely going to pick Miami," McFarland's father, Anthony Sr., told CaneSport on Wednesday evening. "But I guess he was never 100 percent sure, because that meeting changed things."

It wasn't long into dinner that McFarland spit out the words at the Maryland coaches: "I'm picking Miami."

Their reaction?

What any good coaches would do. They asked for more time, for him to reconsider. They told McFarland the pros and cons of choosing the hometown school vs. the Canes.

"What Maryland talked about was the uncertainty of going away, going to Miami and feeling comfortable that it's the right choice for him and if things are going to work out for the best there," Anthony Sr. said. "They talked about the advantage to him staying home, certain things. Coaches explained the pros of staying home, the fact that his friends are there, he's up there a lot, spends a lot of time up there now as it is. So why not stay home? Build a legacy there. That got Anthony's wheels turning." Coaches also echoed a common refrain from those in this situation: The idea that home state schools favor kids that come from in state. In other words Miami will favor Miami kids and Maryland will favor Maryland kids when it comes to playing time.
"I hear that so much I get tired of hearing it," Anthony Sr. said. "But all the schools say that schools favor kids in their home state because they have to recruit their home state first. It makes sense."

That's never been Miami's way, of course, but recruiting is recruiting.

"Of course wherever he goes he's going to have to work hard," Anthony Sr. says. "He's going to do that, he's going to ball. That's just him. It's just that underlying feeling within him - do I need to stay home, need to create a legacy or go away and be part of a legacy."
During dinner Anthony was convinced to take more time, although he didn't tell Maryland coaches that at the time. It was after talking with his parents following the meeting he ultimately decided to delay the decision.

Now dad says it's at the point it's 50-50 with both schools.
"The thing is we love Miami but there is a lot of benefit to him staying home, too," Anthony Sr. said. "Anthony wanted to make sure that it's the right decision. What is the right decision, the best move for him? That's why he wanted to pull the video from coming out so he can take another day and go through it and actually think about what's best for him."

The new announcement date is Friday, and dad says they're sticking to that.
"At this point we want it to be over and done with," Anthony Sr. said. "We're targeting Friday."

Advertisement
Looks like the Maryland coaches are trying to annoy the **** out of the kid til he commits. Interesting tactic.

I mean...its pretty f*cking stupid to say that we favor local kids over other people on the roster when our starting QB was from Cali, our CB was from Tennessee, with players from Jersey and other places as well

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back