MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Collins...in our favor. Pressured to stay home, but makes a decision to fly the coupe. My gut. I think he did this for his family, but at the end of the day, he follows his football heart and put on the U on the side of the helmet. Too much momentum in our way with elite players wanting to come here and I'm sure DeeJay is behing the scenes hollarin at him.

and Bandy. I feel the relationships he built with coaches and other recruits will be deciding factor on selecting Miami. Having cold feet now that its finally time to leave the nest and MD providing him the option of staying has him rethinking ish. This additional time is just allowing him the opportunity to accept it's time to go. He obviously love his home town but cmon man, Maryland? There is no way he is choosing MD over Miami. The light weight bags they may be offering won't compare to how much he can make 3 yrs from now if he select miami.

Advertisement
Not the most timely tweet from our guy...

[TWEET]824685360605175810[/TWEET]
Welp. Could just be building suspense but I'm officially flaccid.

Why the **** would any one think Ford's tweet has anything to do with McFarland? It doesn't make any sense. It obviously is referring to his teammate Jordan Wright, whom is committed to Kentucky and is rumored to possibly be visiting Miami this weekend
Sorry. I thought he was referencing this Tweet that McFarland re-tweeted: https://twitter.com/TheMovementUMD/status/824030130511237123

My bad.

That Maryland tweet was from two days ago. Before he was supposed to make the Wednesday announcement.

You see those comments about the tweet, though?? Lol.

In case anyone (most everyone) hasn't listened to Ariz's podcast, Maryland coaches made McFarland guilty at the meeting. He put the commitment off. Pete still thinks it will be Miami, but really not too confident. Anything can happen.

No one knows **** is basically what's happening right now.

Right, and that probably includes Maryland insiders. Of course they have good vibes, because 48 hours ago the vibe was he was a Miami lock. He's not a lock anymore, but I don't think anyone knows where he is leaning.

And our insiders have good vibes about other recruits. Watchthefinish

Definitely want him in our class badly BUT of all the guys left on our board this is the one I think we could afford to lose. I see Walton & Homer carrying us next year at Rb and then hopefully we can grab a top back in 2018.

Alex Collins...in our favor. Pressured to stay home, but makes a decision to fly the coupe. My gut. I think he did this for his family, but at the end of the day, he follows his football heart and put on the U on the side of the helmet. Too much momentum in our way with elite players wanting to come here and I'm sure DeeJay is behing the scenes hollarin at him.

and Bandy. I feel the relationships he built with coaches and other recruits will be deciding factor on selecting Miami. Having cold feet now that its finally time to leave the nest and MD providing him the option of staying has him rethinking ish. This additional time is just allowing him the opportunity to accept it's time to go. He obviously love his home town but cmon man, Maryland? There is no way he is choosing MD over Miami. The light weight bags they may be offering won't compare to how much he can make 3 yrs from now if he select miami.

X100000

Advertisement
I'm hearing that coach Durkin just gave Richt a call from his treadmill. TIFWIW

LOL at porsters in this thread blaming the coaches for this. This has seedy recruitment written all over it

I disagree. I think this is just a straight up recruiting war. Hometown team vs OOS Power.

The kid is genuinely torn. No bags IMO.

(better chance you are right though)

Welp. Could just be building suspense but I'm officially flaccid.

Why the **** would any one think Ford's tweet has anything to do with McFarland? It doesn't make any sense. It obviously is referring to his teammate Jordan Wright, whom is committed to Kentucky and is rumored to possibly be visiting Miami this weekend
Sorry. I thought he was referencing this Tweet that McFarland re-tweeted: https://twitter.com/TheMovementUMD/status/824030130511237123

My bad.

That Maryland tweet was from two days ago. Before he was supposed to make the Wednesday announcement.

You see those comments about the tweet, though?? Lol.

Haha put on for the hometown Mac. We send out a tweet, and only Miami guys respond. But we still love you more!

Advertisement
In case anyone (most everyone) hasn't listened to Ariz's podcast, Maryland coaches made McFarland guilty at the meeting. He put the commitment off. Pete still thinks it will be Miami, but really not too confident. Anything can happen.

Right, and that probably includes Maryland insiders. Of course they have good vibes, because 48 hours ago the vibe was he was a Miami lock. He's not a lock anymore, but I don't think anyone knows where he is leaning.

We had an idea and they did too. The recent visit and the brown visit yesterday has left
Both boards just guessing.

Of course I want this kid...but losing a RB is always easier to overcome than losing a stud CB/safety, Lineman, or receiver. Walton will be fine for this year but next year we'll need to go all out on a top RB but if this ends up being the only guy we "lose"....then we should all be thankful in the grand scheme of things.

Definitely want him in our class badly BUT of all the guys left on our board this is the one I think we could afford to lose. I see Walton & Homer carrying us next year at Rb and then hopefully we can grab a top back in 2018.

Don't do that. Losing him will hurt....bad. Kid is elite. Runs away from folks. He reminds me of MJD in his heyday. He'll be wasting his talents at Maryland. I appreciate the fight Durkin is trying to put up, but Maryland will never be a good program in football. 7 maybe 8 wins is their cap.

We had an idea and they did too. The recent visit and the brown visit yesterday has left
Both boards just guessing.

You are correct. No one really knows too much. My point was in general posters mock Maryland for having good vibes when we have been in a week long jerkoff session over our good vibes.

Advertisement

Don't do that. Losing him will hurt....bad. Kid is elite. Runs away from folks. He reminds me of MJD in his heyday. He'll be wasting his talents at Maryland. I appreciate the fight Durkin is trying to put up, but Maryland will never be a good program in football. 7 maybe 8 wins is their cap.

It's impossible to get everyone. Recruiting is crazy and if the rumors are true and we really do close with Henderson, Edwards, Harley, and Jeff Thomas.....then honestly we should be happy.

I'd be a lot more ****ed off if McFarland was a South Florida kid and did this. Kid is just torn and pressured to stay home.

Let's see what happens, maybe we all get a surprise tomorrow.

Of course I want this kid...but losing a RB is always easier to overcome than losing a stud CB/safety, Lineman, or receiver. Walton will be fine for this year but next year we'll need to go all out on a top RB but if this ends up being the only guy we "lose"....then we should all be thankful in the grand scheme of things.

I agree. RB are easy to find especially in SFL.. and if we have the type of season we should have this year.. top RBs will be begging to come here.

What does the RB depth look like without McFarland
Walton
Homer
Burns
Gray might be back
is that it?
Not good if something happens to Walton, I like Homer but Burns has is struggles with staying healthy.

Advertisement

I agree. RB are easy to find especially in SFL.. and if we have the type of season we should have this year.. top RBs will be begging to come here.

It's not so much about missing out on getting another good RB, it's about missing out on getting a potential gamechanger. Good RBs are easy to find in South Florida. Game changing RBs are hard to find anywhere. This will hurt.

IMO this will hurt more than missing out on one of the remaining WR, DB or OL targets

Cam Underwood cancelled choir practice to follow the latest McFarland developments. Blog post in 10.

Mark Richt and elite running backs go together like lamb and tuna fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back